The Holy Trinity Explained

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-04-2015, 07:17 PM
RE: The Holy Trinity Explained
Willing to bet this guy is just another TTT sock puppet or something. I haven't seen him poke his nose in for a while.

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-04-2015, 07:21 PM
(15-04-2015 03:01 PM)nicknave21 Wrote:  Since Jesus is the son of God the father, and he is asking us to worship him, Jesus must be God the father, or else God would be saying that we should worship idols. Since God is asking us to worship Jesus, and not to worship idols, that makes Jesus not an idol, which makes Jesus the same person as God.

... and that makes the whole dying-on-the-cross schtick pretty much a divine bullshit game, because the boy didn't really die because he was the daddy too, and was never dead.
[+] 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
15-04-2015, 07:23 PM
(15-04-2015 06:00 PM)nicknave21 Wrote:  
(15-04-2015 05:51 PM)Logisch Wrote:  Prove it.
Laughat

Well, if God is real, then the Bible would be too, since after all God wrote it. So since all of the verses I mentioned would be true if God was real, then that would be all of the evidence you'd need.

[Image: break-the-cycle4.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
15-04-2015, 07:23 PM
(15-04-2015 07:17 PM)nicknave21 Wrote:  
(15-04-2015 07:00 PM)Logisch Wrote:  And I'm saying that I find your explanation to be circular and not compelling because your claims all fall back on personal beliefs, or circular reasoning, or presuppositionalism.

Why is the trinity important if you can't prove a god exists? How does it hold any more value than the religious explanations of some other religion?

I mean, there's plenty of ancient writings that talk about Krishna. Aren't those just as important? They make claims with no evidence. If there's no evidence and only claims, then what is your point? It's all just as irrelevant as every other book making claims without evidence.

Why is your explanation more important than those? If the only explanation you have is "My book says so." then you're either a presuppositionalist (feel free to look back on the mountains of threads we have on those, it's been covered before, it's nothing new here and basically a dead horse that's been beaten over and over), or stuck in circular reasoning.

I'm saying, "Cool story bro. What's your point?"

The trinity would be entirely useless to know if God was not real, correct. That is just a claim from the Bible, which we cannot conclude is true. But another claim from the Bible, suggested that Joshua and the Israelites circled the Walls of Jericho seven times, before blowing their trumpets and shouting, making the walls fall down. After re-excavating the sites of Southern Jordan Valley of Israel using modern methods in the 1950's, Kathleen Kenyon determined that she had found the remains from the walls of Jericho that were written in the Bible. http://www.christiananswers.net/q-abr/abr-a011.html

If the walls of Jericho were proven to be real, then might not everything else in the Bible be real as well, since the Bible talks about how everything inside of it is true, and that it cannot be false, otherwise breaking its own rule of the ten commandments?

I see now you are either an idiot or a full-on troll.
Either way, no need to take you seriously.
15-04-2015, 07:24 PM
(15-04-2015 07:21 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(15-04-2015 03:01 PM)nicknave21 Wrote:  Since Jesus is the son of God the father, and he is asking us to worship him, Jesus must be God the father, or else God would be saying that we should worship idols. Since God is asking us to worship Jesus, and not to worship idols, that makes Jesus not an idol, which makes Jesus the same person as God.

... and that makes the whole dying-on-the-cross schtick pretty much a divine bullshit game, because the boy didn't really die because he was the daddy too, and was never dead.

It works both ways. He died, but he didn't. This is not a bullshit game because Jesus was not only sent to earth to die on the cross for us, but to spread the word of God and perform miracles as well.
15-04-2015, 07:28 PM
Do you even think?

I'm getting motion sickness from the circles. It's like a goddamn merry go round.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 1 user Likes Nurse's post
15-04-2015, 07:28 PM
(15-04-2015 07:23 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(15-04-2015 07:17 PM)nicknave21 Wrote:  The trinity would be entirely useless to know if God was not real, correct. That is just a claim from the Bible, which we cannot conclude is true. But another claim from the Bible, suggested that Joshua and the Israelites circled the Walls of Jericho seven times, before blowing their trumpets and shouting, making the walls fall down. After re-excavating the sites of Southern Jordan Valley of Israel using modern methods in the 1950's, Kathleen Kenyon determined that she had found the remains from the walls of Jericho that were written in the Bible. http://www.christiananswers.net/q-abr/abr-a011.html

If the walls of Jericho were proven to be real, then might not everything else in the Bible be real as well, since the Bible talks about how everything inside of it is true, and that it cannot be false, otherwise breaking its own rule of the ten commandments?

I see now you are either an idiot or a full-on troll.

Providing factual evidence to prove a statement cannot make me an idiot.
15-04-2015, 07:31 PM
(15-04-2015 07:28 PM)Nurse Wrote:  Do you even think?

I'm getting motion sickness from the circles. It's like a goddamn merry go round.

I see these circles, don't act like i'm ignoring them. They all lead to one question, and one question only: Does God exist? Only one of us holds the true answer, but none of us are certain.
15-04-2015, 07:32 PM
(15-04-2015 07:17 PM)nicknave21 Wrote:  If the walls of Jericho were proven to be real, then might not everything else in the Bible be real as well, since the Bible talks about how everything inside of it is true, and that it cannot be false, otherwise breaking its own rule of the ten commandments?

Do the ruins of Troy prove that the Greek gods exist? Does New York existing prove that Spiderman comics are true? Does London prove that Oliver Twist existed? Fiction often uses real places and even events as a base. It would take a lot more than the ruins of walls around a city to prove that they were leveled by marching and trumpeting.

It would be foolish to say that nothing in the bible is a record of actual people or places but it is even more foolish to believe that everything in it is true because it says so. It is a book like many others.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
15-04-2015, 07:32 PM
(15-04-2015 07:28 PM)nicknave21 Wrote:  
(15-04-2015 07:23 PM)pablo Wrote:  I see now you are either an idiot or a full-on troll.

Providing factual evidence to prove a statement cannot make me an idiot.

You haven't, and you are.