The Holy Trinity Explained

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-04-2015, 07:34 PM
RE: The Holy Trinity Explained
And the circle goes round and round...how 'bout something new...change it up a bit...

[Image: anigif_enhanced-buzz-13931-1377121955-30.gif]

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
15-04-2015, 07:40 PM
(15-04-2015 07:31 PM)nicknave21 Wrote:  
(15-04-2015 07:28 PM)Nurse Wrote:  Do you even think?

I'm getting motion sickness from the circles. It's like a goddamn merry go round.

I see these circles, don't act like i'm ignoring them. They all lead to one question, and one question only: Does God exist? Only one of us holds the true answer, but none of us are certain.

Oh good - I'm glad you see them.

What makes you think god exists? And why the Christian version of god is the true version?

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
15-04-2015, 07:41 PM
(15-04-2015 07:34 PM)Anjele Wrote:  And the circle goes round and round...how 'bout something new...change it up a bit...

Fine fine fine. The holy trinity is the Flying Spaghetti Monster, The Marinara and the Holy Colander. His proof of existence is pasta, and because pasta exists, he is flawless. You can't prove he isn't. Weeping He loves you and he boiled for your sins because he loves you. He doesn't want you to boil for all eternity which is why he sent his last package of holy pasta to boil in the colander of evil. I don't know why christians wear crosses, they should all be wearing colanders. The fools. ONE TRUE GOD.

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
[+] 1 user Likes Logisch's post
15-04-2015, 07:44 PM
(15-04-2015 07:24 PM)nicknave21 Wrote:  It works both ways. He died, but he didn't. This is not a bullshit game because Jesus was not only sent to earth to die on the cross for us, but to spread the word of God and perform miracles as well.

Dying on the cross for us is meaningless because sacrificial atonement is an immoral concept.

As far as performing miracles goes, that depends on what you read:
Matthew 12:39: But he answered and said unto them, An evil and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given to it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas:
Mark 8:12: And he sighed deeply in his spirit, and saith, Why doth this generation seek after a sign? verily I say unto you, There shall no sign be given unto this generation.
John 20:30: And many other signs truly did Jesus in the presence of his disciples, which are not written in this book:
Acts 2:22: Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know:

So Jesus either did only one sign or he did none or he did a bunch but only for his in-group or he did a bunch in front of many. Take your pick. The bible isn't all true, it is a big book of multiple choice.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 3 users Like unfogged's post
15-04-2015, 07:46 PM
Quote:If the walls of Jericho were proven to be real,

But they were not.

Nor was there anything like an exodus or a conquest. This is all later bullshit.

I'm curious. Have you read anything aside from that silly-assed bible?

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
15-04-2015, 07:49 PM
(15-04-2015 07:23 PM)pablo Wrote:  I see now you are either an idiot or a full-on troll.

I'm thinking that this is an excluded-middle fallacy.
15-04-2015, 07:50 PM
(15-04-2015 07:41 PM)Logisch Wrote:  
(15-04-2015 07:34 PM)Anjele Wrote:  And the circle goes round and round...how 'bout something new...change it up a bit...

Fine fine fine. The holy trinity is the Flying Spaghetti Monster, The Marinara and the Holy Colander. His proof of existence is pasta, and because pasta exists, he is flawless. You can't prove he isn't. Weeping He loves you and he boiled for your sins because he loves you. He doesn't want you to boil for all eternity which is why he sent his last package of holy pasta to boil in the colander of evil. I don't know why christians wear crosses, they should all be wearing colanders. The fools. ONE TRUE GOD.

As long as the communion wafer is garlic bread, I'm in. Thumbsup

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
15-04-2015, 07:50 PM
(15-04-2015 07:32 PM)unfogged Wrote:  
(15-04-2015 07:17 PM)nicknave21 Wrote:  If the walls of Jericho were proven to be real, then might not everything else in the Bible be real as well, since the Bible talks about how everything inside of it is true, and that it cannot be false, otherwise breaking its own rule of the ten commandments?

Do the ruins of Troy prove that the Greek gods exist? Does New York existing prove that Spiderman comics are true? Does London prove that Oliver Twist existed? Fiction often uses real places and even events as a base. It would take a lot more than the ruins of walls around a city to prove that they were leveled by marching and trumpeting.

It would be foolish to say that nothing in the bible is a record of actual people or places but it is even more foolish to believe that everything in it is true because it says so. It is a book like many others.

The Bible tells us that everything in it is true, and that if it were false, the Bible would contradict itself, for it would go against one of the ten commandments, which would be a sin, and make God a sinner, which can't happen because he is pure. So it all comes down to: Is God real? That's where I used evidence from the walls. You said that it would take more than marching and trumpeting to break them, but that's because God helped them. Then it comes back again, did God even exist to help Joshua if it was written in the Bible by God himself, who does or does not exist, even though the walls were later discovered and proved to be from the Bible in the future, where we are debating here about whether God is real or not in the first place?
15-04-2015, 07:52 PM
(15-04-2015 07:24 PM)nicknave21 Wrote:  It works both ways. He died, but he didn't.

That doesn't work at all, because death and life are mutually exclusive.

(15-04-2015 07:24 PM)nicknave21 Wrote:  This is not a bullshit game because Jesus was not only sent to earth to die on the cross for us, but to spread the word of God and perform miracles as well.

Actually, that's one of the main markers that it is indeed bullshit of the first rank.

Me, I think Jesus was sent here to preach goodness and sell nails. What an advertisement!
15-04-2015, 07:52 PM
(15-04-2015 07:17 PM)nicknave21 Wrote:  If the walls of Jericho were proven to be real, then might not everything else in the Bible be real as well, since the Bible talks about how everything inside of it is true, and that it cannot be false, otherwise breaking its own rule of the ten commandments?

Reminds me of a story...I think the key words were "I'll huff and I'll puff and I'll blow your house down". I think there was a trinity in that fairy story too.