The Holy Trinity Explained

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-04-2015, 07:53 PM
RE: The Holy Trinity Explained
(15-04-2015 07:50 PM)nicknave21 Wrote:  
(15-04-2015 07:32 PM)unfogged Wrote:  Do the ruins of Troy prove that the Greek gods exist? Does New York existing prove that Spiderman comics are true? Does London prove that Oliver Twist existed? Fiction often uses real places and even events as a base. It would take a lot more than the ruins of walls around a city to prove that they were leveled by marching and trumpeting.

It would be foolish to say that nothing in the bible is a record of actual people or places but it is even more foolish to believe that everything in it is true because it says so. It is a book like many others.

The Bible tells us that everything in it is true, and that if it were false, the Bible would contradict itself, for it would go against one of the ten commandments, which would be a sin, and make God a sinner, which can't happen because he is pure. So it all comes down to: Is God real? That's where I used evidence from the walls. You said that it would take more than marching and trumpeting to break them, but that's because God helped them. Then it comes back again, did God even exist to help Joshua if it was written in the Bible by God himself, who does or does not exist, even though the walls were later discovered and proved to be from the Bible in the future, where we are debating here about whether God is real or not in the first place?

You can't be this stupid. Facepalm
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-04-2015, 07:55 PM
(15-04-2015 07:46 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  
Quote:If the walls of Jericho were proven to be real,

But they were not.

Nor was there anything like an exodus or a conquest. This is all later bullshit.

I'm curious. Have you read anything aside from that silly-assed bible?

Tell me why the walls are not real
15-04-2015, 07:55 PM
(15-04-2015 07:31 PM)nicknave21 Wrote:  Does God exist? Only one of us holds the true answer, but none of us are certain.

Actually, you're wrong. It is entirely possible that your belief in god is belief in the wrong god, and my atheism is also wrong ... in which case we'll be sailing the river Styx together.

You really should tighten up your thinking, there's a good lad.
15-04-2015, 07:57 PM
(15-04-2015 07:50 PM)nicknave21 Wrote:  The Bible tells us that everything in it is true, and that if it were false, the Bible would contradict itself, for it would go against one of the ten commandments, which would be a sin, and make God a sinner, which can't happen because he is pure.

[Image: break-the-cycle4.jpg]

Yes, I'm gonna hit you over the head with it until you learn how to identify the fallacy called begging the question.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
(15-04-2015 07:53 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(15-04-2015 07:50 PM)nicknave21 Wrote:  The Bible tells us that everything in it is true, and that if it were false, the Bible would contradict itself, for it would go against one of the ten commandments, which would be a sin, and make God a sinner, which can't happen because he is pure. So it all comes down to: Is God real? That's where I used evidence from the walls. You said that it would take more than marching and trumpeting to break them, but that's because God helped them. Then it comes back again, did God even exist to help Joshua if it was written in the Bible by God himself, who does or does not exist, even though the walls were later discovered and proved to be from the Bible in the future, where we are debating here about whether God is real or not in the first place?

You can't be this stupid. Facepalm

Have you even considered anything I have said? Have you been following along?

Tell me why I am so stupid
(15-04-2015 07:53 PM)pablo Wrote:  You can't be this stupid. Facepalm

Oh, he can and he will. Yes

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
15-04-2015, 07:58 PM
(15-04-2015 07:55 PM)nicknave21 Wrote:  
(15-04-2015 07:46 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  But they were not.

Nor was there anything like an exodus or a conquest. This is all later bullshit.

I'm curious. Have you read anything aside from that silly-assed bible?

Tell me why the walls are not real

Let's say the walls are real.
Are you really saying they fell because magic did it?
15-04-2015, 08:00 PM
(15-04-2015 07:57 PM)nicknave21 Wrote:  

Because everything you've been saying has no validity whatsoever to back it up, and you know it.
15-04-2015, 08:03 PM
(15-04-2015 07:58 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(15-04-2015 07:55 PM)nicknave21 Wrote:  Tell me why the walls are not real

Let's say the walls are real.
Are you really saying they fell because magic did it?

Where in the world are you getting magic from?

God has the power, as the creator of the entire universe, to do anything and everything. He incorporated his power into the demolition of the walls
15-04-2015, 08:06 PM
(15-04-2015 07:57 PM)nicknave21 Wrote:  

You're not stupid. Just suffering from the shackles of religion.

Oooo! Homework assignment - there's a Toby Mac song that grinds my axe - identify the areas of cognitive dissonance and you'll be one step closer to answering his prayer for his music to set people free:

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman