The Holy Trinity Explained

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-04-2015, 08:20 PM
RE: The Holy Trinity Explained
(15-04-2015 07:50 PM)nicknave21 Wrote:  The Bible tells us that everything in it is true, and that if it were false, the Bible would contradict itself, for it would go against one of the ten commandments, which would be a sin, and make God a sinner, which can't happen because he is pure. [quote]

The bible is a book. Books can have some things right and some things wrong. That one has a lot wrong. You can't use the bible as evidence for anything because a book of stories can claim anything at all and not be true.

[quote]So it all comes down to: Is God real? That's where I used evidence from the walls. You said that it would take more than marching and trumpeting to break them, but that's because God helped them. Then it comes back again, did God even exist to help Joshua if it was written in the Bible by God himself, who does or does not exist, even though the walls were later discovered and proved to be from the Bible in the future, where we are debating here about whether God is real or not in the first place?

Broken walls by themselves do not prove that a god broke them. There are ruins all over the planet. Some crumbled due to lack of maintenance and some due to being overthrown by conventional means. It makes far more sense to assume that the biblical writers wrote a story about some ruins they found or that they based it on a real battle but fictionalized the details. Either of those is far more reasonable than assuming the bible's claims of miracles are infallible.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
15-04-2015, 08:22 PM
(15-04-2015 08:16 PM)nicknave21 Wrote:  
(15-04-2015 08:14 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Okay, thank you and goodnight. In case you haven't noticed...this is an Atheist forum. We have heard all the stories before. Go find your herd, this isn't it.

Your acting like I came upon this forum by accident. I think I know which link I clicked

I think I understand your strategy now.
Make an astounding number of unfouned assertions, and ridiculous claims.
When nobody here can stand to try reasoning with you anymore, go back and tell all your buddies you stumped us all.
You just don't matter enough to talk to any longer.
15-04-2015, 08:23 PM
(15-04-2015 08:22 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(15-04-2015 08:16 PM)nicknave21 Wrote:  Your acting like I came upon this forum by accident. I think I know which link I clicked

When nobody here can stand to try reasoning with you anymore, go back and tell all your buddies you stumped us all.

Nitwit thinks if he says the same thing over and over often enough, we will believe it. Perhaps if he says it over and over often enough, he will believe it.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
15-04-2015, 08:25 PM
(15-04-2015 08:12 PM)nicknave21 Wrote:  
(15-04-2015 08:09 PM)pablo Wrote:  Like I said, magic.

Magic is all about illusions, and deceiving the eyes. What God did was 100% legitimate, unlike magic.

Dennett said it best:
Quote: This is a lovely book by a friend of mine named Lee Siegel, who's a professor of religion, actually, at the University of Hawaii, and he's an expert magician, and an expert on the street magic of India, which is what this book is about, "Net of Magic." And there's a passage in it which I would love to share with you. It speaks so eloquently to the problem. "'I'm writing a book on magic,' I explain, and I'm asked, 'Real magic?' By 'real magic,' people mean miracles, thaumaturgical acts, and supernatural powers. 'No,' I answer. 'Conjuring tricks, not real magic.' 'Real magic,' in other words, refers to the magic that is not real; while the magic that is real, that can actually be done, is not real magic."

15-04-2015, 08:26 PM
(15-04-2015 08:19 PM)Logisch Wrote:  [Image: 10367493.jpg]
[Image: 17124606.jpg]
[Image: 17580051.jpg]

Next time split those pics up so I can like ya three times, bud.

'Cause they're all worthy.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
15-04-2015, 08:29 PM
(15-04-2015 08:18 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(15-04-2015 07:50 PM)nicknave21 Wrote:  The Bible tells us that everything in it is true, and that if it were false, the Bible would contradict itself, for it would go against one of the ten commandments, which would be a sin, and make God a sinner, which can't happen because he is pure.

You’ve now said this several times. Others have pointed out your circular reasoning. I don’t think you have grasped why we are saying the above is circular reasoning.

I’m going to give you the benefit of the doubt this once and assume you are neither a troll or stupid. Lets take it line by line.

“The Bible tells us that everything in it is true” = you cannot use the Bible to prove the Bible. Do you understand why? It would be like saying the Q’ran is true because the Q’ran says it’s true. Does that make sense to you?

“the Bible would contradict itself” - the Bible has umpteen contradictions in it, so with your logic the Bible has to be false.

“for it would go against one of the ten commandments” - the very god in the Bible consitently breaks his own commandments or have you not read Genesis and Exodus?

“which would be a sin, and make God a sinner, which can’t happen because he is pure” - back to my first response, you cannot use the Bible to prove the Bible. Do you understand why?

I have most certainly grasped this circular reasoning. But this is not at all circular, it ends at one "if": If God exists or not. The rest is a circle. That is what I have been trying to explain. You see, IF God was real, so would be the Bible, and so would everything inside of it. That includes:

-The ten commandments
-The Bible calling itself true
-God being pure, and everything else about what God is

And so on.

And IF God was NOT real, then it would all be a load of baloney.
15-04-2015, 08:34 PM
(15-04-2015 08:29 PM)nicknave21 Wrote:  I have most certainly grasped this circular reasoning. But this is not at all circular, it ends at one "if": If God exists or not. The rest is a circle. That is what I have been trying to explain. You see, IF God was real, so would be the Bible, and so would everything inside of it. That includes:

-The ten commandments

And so on.

So how are you going to show that god is real (and is the Christian god to boot) without using the things that are dependent on that conclusion?

Quote:And IF God was NOT real, then it would all be a load of baloney.

Now you're getting it!
Thumbsup

[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
15-04-2015, 08:35 PM
(15-04-2015 08:29 PM)nicknave21 Wrote:  I have most certainly grasped this circular reasoning. But this is not at all circular, it ends at one "if": If God exists or not. The rest is a circle. That is what I have been trying to explain. You see, IF God was real, so would be the Bible, and so would everything inside of it. That includes:

-The ten commandments

And so on.

And IF God was NOT real, then it would all be a load of baloney.

Interesting that you use was and not is before real. Troll much?

[Image: Bologna_lunch_meat_style_sausage.JPG]

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
15-04-2015, 08:35 PM (This post was last modified: 15-04-2015 08:43 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(15-04-2015 03:01 PM)nicknave21 Wrote:  For those of you who might be unclear as to how it really works:

The holy trinity consists of God the father, the son, and the holy spirit, which are all the same person: God. God the father, in verse John 3:16 of the Bible, “...gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.” God the father did this so that Jesus, or God the son, could die for all of the sins that the people committed, that they would have a chance to be in heaven if they believe in God. If you look closely at the verse, it explains that in order to go to heaven, you must believe in God the father’s only begotten son, Jesus. If Jesus was not the son of God the father, we would all go to hell for believing in him, because Jesus would only be an idol to us. An idol is something that you love more than God. For us to worship an idol would be a sin, and would make us sinners, because Exodus 20:3-6 says:

“Thou shalt have no other gods before me. Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth. Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me; And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.”

Since Jesus is the son of God the father, and he is asking us to worship him, Jesus must be God the father, or else God would be saying that we should worship idols. Since God is asking us to worship Jesus, and not to worship idols, that makes Jesus not an idol, which makes Jesus the same person as God.

Yabut ... Thomas Aquinas said if anyone says they understand the trinity, they're lying. You wouldn't be little fibber now, would ya ?

The fact is, if you read the proceedings of the councils where they cooked up this ridiculous notion, and argued about it for centuries, (The "filioque precedit" argument), and had studied Hebrew culture, you would know it's all BS. In Hebrew culture ANY righteous man was a "son of god", and the notion that any of the many other divine beings, (and yes there were many in the *heavenly host*) being of equal status as Yahweh is completely impossible. It's just evidence the Christian cult cooked up all their dogma crap, and foisted it on unsuspecting and mostly ignorant/uneducated believers.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
15-04-2015, 08:36 PM
(15-04-2015 08:22 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(15-04-2015 08:16 PM)nicknave21 Wrote:  Your acting like I came upon this forum by accident. I think I know which link I clicked

Be gone then, If you do not wish to talk any longer than do so. You have never said anything useful to combat against my theories, just that everything I have said was wrong. If I am so wrong, then where are your facts? It doesn't work man, it really doesn't.