The Homosexual Agenda

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-07-2013, 06:10 PM
RE: The Homosexual Agenda
(23-07-2013 01:44 PM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  This was somewhat defined by The Alliance Defense Fund in 2003. I'm not sure whether this belongs in the religion or politics section, but it fits well as a conspiracy theory.

"It is an agenda that they basically set in the late 1980s, in a book called After the Ball, where they laid out a six-point plan for how they could transform the beliefs of ordinary Americans with regard to homosexual behavior — in a decade-long time frame.... They admit it privately, but they will not say that publicly.[11] In their private publications, homosexual activists make it very clear that there is an agenda. The six-point agenda that they laid out in 1989 was explicit:

Talk about gays and gayness as loudly and as often as possible
Portray gays as victims, not as aggressive challengers
Give homosexual protectors a just cause
Make gays look good
Make the victimizers look bad
Get funds from corporate America."

You hear this term by the like of James Dobson, Pat Robertson, Jerry Falwell and their ilk. They are always very dodgy and nebulous about it, but near as I can tell it goes something like this (though they themselves never fully define it).

The homosexual agenda is a political platform promoted by liberals with the help of the Hollywood elite to institute and legitimize homosexuality for the purposes of destroying marriage and the family and making people gay. They see homosexuality as some sort of infectious social disease which you can contract by being - and more importantly your CHILDREN being - exposed to gays and lesbians. This disease must be quarantined and routed out. The end goal of homosexuality will be the destruction of the United Staes by these sodomites, just as they supposedly did to every great empire of the past.

That's as close as I can understand what it means.

I think there is a purposeful agenda to teach society to accept homosexuality. My thought on this stems form the producers of certain media going out of their way to portray homosexuality in a favorable light.

I don't think this agenda has an end goal of destroying the United States but rather its goal is to lessen or eliminate the disdain with which society views gays.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-07-2013, 06:56 PM
(25-07-2013 06:10 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  I think there is a purposeful agenda to teach society to accept homosexuality. My thought on this stems form the producers of certain media going out of their way to portray homosexuality in a favorable light.

I don't think this agenda has an end goal of destroying the United States but rather its goal is to lessen or eliminate the disdain with which society views gays.

That sounds like a perfectly reasonable agenda to me.

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 4 users Like Tartarus Sauce's post
25-07-2013, 06:59 PM
(25-07-2013 06:10 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  I think there is a purposeful agenda to teach society to accept homosexuality. My thought on this stems form the producers of certain media going out of their way to portray homosexuality in a favorable light.

Yes
That sounds a lot like those damn civil rights people, and their insidious "treat everybody equally" agenda.

... this is my signature!
[+] 2 users Like cjlr's post
25-07-2013, 07:00 PM
(25-07-2013 06:59 PM)cjlr Wrote:  

Yes
That sounds a lot like those damn civil rights people, and their insidious "treat everybody equally" agenda.

Fucking insidious equal rights. Angry

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
25-07-2013, 07:13 PM
(25-07-2013 06:56 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  That sounds like a perfectly reasonable agenda to me.

I would say it seems to be an effective agenda as well.

However I would say that people who deny a purposeful gay agenda are less intelligent or at least more out of touch with reality then people like Robertson who can see a homosexual agenda. To me the homosexual agenda is so obvious that to deny it exists....well then I have to be suspicious about your intellect.
25-07-2013, 07:16 PM
(25-07-2013 07:13 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(25-07-2013 06:56 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  That sounds like a perfectly reasonable agenda to me.

However I would say that people who deny a purposeful gay agenda are less intelligent or at least more out of touch with reality then people like Robertson who can see a homosexual agenda. To me the homosexual agenda is so obvious that to deny it exists....well then I have to be suspicious about your intellect.

The agenda is called 'human rights'.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
25-07-2013, 07:39 PM
(25-07-2013 07:13 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  

The problem is the word "agenda" it implies some sort of great organization and sharply defined goals and means to achieve those goals. That's not true, there is no such thing across the gay community, there're organizations, each one with their own agenda, but nothing that can be called "gay agenda" as a big scheme.
There are common interests within gay community: tolerance, non violent treatment, no segregation, etc. But not even gay marriage is a common interest, there're plenty of gays who don't want that.

So no, there is no gay agenda, as I defined it, there're common interests among gays. But that's not the same, it lacks the political opulence that guys like Robertson try to give it.

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
[+] 2 users Like nach_in's post
25-07-2013, 07:55 PM
(25-07-2013 07:16 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(25-07-2013 07:13 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  I would say it seems to be an effective agenda as well.

The agenda is called 'human rights'.

What I see happening is called is "growing the brand". For instance Post cereals wants to make Post Toasties as acceptable to societies palate as Kellog Corn Flakes is. So Post engages in embedded marketing. They make attempts to include or reference(in a good light) Post Toasties in as much media content as they can afford or get away with. One of the Wayne's World films lampoons this tactic most excellently

Certain people want to make homosexuality as acceptable as heterosexuality...so they put in references (sometimes so blatant its silly) into as much media content as they can.

The homosexual agenda is not human rights. Human rights are rights we have simply by virtue of being human. The homosexual agenda is an attempt to alter the thinking of society. It is an attempt to lead the sheep.

Now you can argue people like Robertson are evil because of their views on homosexuality.....but you can't say he is mindless sheep....like the deniers of the homosexual agenda apparently are.
25-07-2013, 08:00 PM
(25-07-2013 07:55 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Now you can argue people like Robertson are evil because of their views on homosexuality.....but you can't say he is mindless sheep....like the deniers of the homosexual agenda apparently are.

And Robertson's followers are not? Pat Roberston is concerned with making a buck at the expense of whoever he can. He may not be a 'follower' but that doesn't absolve him from being a dick and touting bigotry for profit.

25-07-2013, 08:06 PM
(25-07-2013 07:39 PM)nach_in Wrote:  
(25-07-2013 07:13 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  I would say it seems to be an effective agenda as well.

The problem is the word "agenda" it implies some sort of great organization and sharply defined goals and means to achieve those goals. That's not true, there is no such thing across the gay community, there're organizations, each one with their own agenda, but nothing that can be called "gay agenda" as a big scheme.
There are common interests within gay community: tolerance, non violent treatment, no segregation, etc. But not even gay marriage is a common interest, there're plenty of gays who don't want that.

....but then there is no such thing as the conservative agenda or progressive agenda either.