The "I can make you cry" thread and discussion.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-09-2012, 09:28 PM
The "I can make you cry" thread and discussion.
Here's a bunch of random clips that have made me cry at some point in my life. I'll number them so that you can give a yes or no as to whether they made you tear up.

1.) Starting off on the silly side, but damn it if I still don't tear up over poor Wilson.

2.) Shifting over to the realm of orcs for a sad burial.

3.) And this one has me going every time I watch it.

So what is the trigger for crying? Is it just empathy? Do we relate to lost loved ones? But the first one is just a volleyball. Do the objects involved not matter, as long as the bond is real? As long as there's something to project our own lives over? Is Wilson someone's grandma in one person's life, maybe a father in another person's? You could look at the clips I offered and just claim I have some daddy issues, which is true. Early divorce and weekend visitations every other week didn't exactly instill a fatherly figure in my childhood, so I can connect with the Will Smith one personally.

I know there are lots of movie parts that trigger tears. List some, answer if they made you cry, and try and figure out why.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
The "I can make you cry" thread and discussion. - Buddy Christ - 03-09-2012 09:28 PM