The I forgive you thread.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-12-2011, 10:31 PM (This post was last modified: 07-12-2011 10:35 PM by Erxomai.)
The I forgive you thread.
Inspired by Ferdy's Apology thread, Reverend Erxomai remembers a place in the Bible where JC said if you can't forgive others, then God won't forgive you. So let this be the place where you can earn your unearnable salvation.

Let the floodgates of heaven pour forth the waters of forgiveness upon this blessed forum!

I forgive you, little blonde-haired girl in the 12th grade. When we backed into each other in the parking lot after school I saw it as a movie moment where we'd exchange numbers and fall in love and be so happy together. But no. As we looked at each other's rear ends (Yes, I looked at her rear end while she looked at the back of her car) and then snarled at me, "Why don't you watch where you're going next time?!?"

You crushed my spirit, little blonde-haired girl. You ruined relationships for me with any woman afterwards. But I forgive you.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
07-12-2011, 11:51 PM
RE: The I forgive you thread.
I do not give out my hatred on a whim. A person who has earned it has done so for a reason. Therefor. I do not forgive people.

NEW AND IMPROVED!
Twice the anger, Half the space!
[+] 5 users Like Hamata k's post
08-12-2011, 11:57 AM
Apparently we atheists aren't so keen on forgiveness lol. Even I am not. I apologize a ton, but i have a hard time forgiving. Things I am comfortable forgiving if even I have decided to remember them are things not done with intent. Accidents or emotional slips of the tongue.... But anything done on purpose I don't forgive. The apology can't be true unless the person went through some sort of tunnel of change, and we all know no one really changes they just become more of what they are.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes lucradis's post
08-12-2011, 12:17 PM
So far, the two of you are going to hell because won't forgive those who won't forgive.

No wonder atheists are so unhappy all the time. Undecided

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
08-12-2011, 12:18 PM
I feel that forgiving is a way of condoning what a person has done. Some things I refuse to condone, ever. And therefore I don't forgive those who do them.

English is not my first language. If you think I am being mean, ask me. It could be just a wording problem.
08-12-2011, 12:20 PM (This post was last modified: 08-12-2011 12:22 PM by kingschosen.)
I forgive all of you for not forgiving the people not forgiving you.
(08-12-2011 12:18 PM)sy2502 Wrote:  I feel that forgiving is a way of condoning what a person has done. Some things I refuse to condone, ever. And therefore I don't forgive those who do them.

Seriously, dude. My wife makes me watch Kourtney and Kim Take New York. I'm sorry man. Please?

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
08-12-2011, 12:33 PM (This post was last modified: 08-12-2011 12:39 PM by Erxomai.)
(08-12-2011 12:20 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  I forgive all of you for not forgiving the people not forgiving you.
(08-12-2011 12:18 PM)sy2502 Wrote:  I feel that forgiving is a way of condoning what a person has done. Some things I refuse to condone, ever. And therefore I don't forgive those who do them.

Seriously, dude. My wife makes me watch Kourtney and Kim Take New York. I'm sorry man. Please?

It's tough, but I forgive you.
Quote:“Forgiveness is not the misguided act of condoning irresponsible, hurtful behavior. Nor is it a superficial turning of the other cheek that leaves us feeling victimized and martyred. Rather it is the finishing of old business that allows us to experience the present, free of contamination from the past.”
~Joan Borysenko

I don't have a clue who Joan is, but it reflects my idea of forgiveness.

When I forgive those who have impacted me negatively, I'm releasing the past and experiencing freedom from whatever negativity I allowed your actions to once impact me. Hence, the purpose of my silly illustration of the cute blonde-haired girl that crushed my hopeless romantic spirit. She'll never know she impacted me or that I forgive her, but forgiveness says it's ok to move on.

Those of you who are superhuman and never get hurt by others certainly will not relate to my words or belief in forgiveness.

~Izel
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
08-12-2011, 12:57 PM
What if she does know. What if her intention was to hurt you? Maybe she saw the look of hopefulness in your eyes and thought... "Today I ruin a boy and make him a man." Maybe she was psychotic. It's fairly common these days, she could have just been ahead of her time. Maybe she still looks back and has herself a maniacal laugh all to herself. Maybe she organized a cult based around making boys feel bad about themselves, maybe she called it Kristianity? Maybe her name was Kristin... Maybe.... MWA HAHAHHAHAHAH AHAHAHHAHA

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
08-12-2011, 01:22 PM
(08-12-2011 12:57 PM)lucradis Wrote:  What if she does know. What if her intention was to hurt you? Maybe she saw the look of hopefulness in your eyes and thought... "Today I ruin a boy and make him a man." Maybe she was psychotic. It's fairly common these days, she could have just been ahead of her time. Maybe she still looks back and has herself a maniacal laugh all to herself. Maybe she organized a cult based around making boys feel bad about themselves, maybe she called it Kristianity? Maybe her name was Kristin... Maybe.... MWA HAHAHHAHAHAH AHAHAHHAHA

I think her name was Cari or Cori or some such nonsense.
I'd accept the intentional crushage...at least it would mean she gave some thought to my existence!

Even if it was intentional, if I chose not to forgive her, then I'm the one still carrying the negative emotion. I'd rather be rid of that thru forgiveness.
And what if it someone who is actually meaningful? What if Mrs Lucradis is sick of your snoring and she dumps a bucket of cold water on you.
It was intentional. It wasn't an accident. You don't condone her behavior. Are you saying you won't forgive her? Ever?

~Izel
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
08-12-2011, 01:30 PM
It's true I wouldn't forgive her, but that is because there is another rule to my existence and that rule is, "If you deserve it, then it is justified."
Funny though, I only snore when I'm sick but my lady snores all the time. Might have to get myself a bucket of ice cold water.... Blame will be yours.