The I forgive you thread.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-12-2011, 09:50 PM
RE: The I forgive you thread.
(09-12-2011 09:27 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(09-12-2011 09:26 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Let there be rant, Preach said...

Law of God.

Been there, done that. There ain't no need for forgiveness with "I love." All there is, is time. Wink

Sorry, Brah, you lost me at Alice Cullen.

Yeah, it's a rant all right. Big Grin

I did warn you. Wink

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
10-12-2011, 12:15 AM
It depends on what the intention was behind the act. I can forgive but I never forget! My brother is an alcoholic and has done some pretty bad things over the years (yes, to me as well). I don't see him much and I can be very 'on guard' around him when I do see him. I have been hurt by his past actions and I don't think he will ever change. So I think that when people hurt me which, by the way, isn't very often, I take a step back (if not altogether) and don't really trust them again in the same way as before.
However, there is someone that came into my life quite a while back that absolutely fucked me over (and it wasn't only me) and if I ever had a chance I would have to be held back from strangling the motherfucker to death. No fucking forgiveness there, I'm afraid... Sad
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes aurora's post
10-12-2011, 12:59 AM
In all honesty, I thought this would be a humorous little thread. People would say things like: They forgive Santa Claus for not bringing that Commodore 64 system they wanted so bad, or they forgive HoC for being incoherent, or we could try to forgive Filox for...well, being Filox (j/k, bro...you know I've got your back). Smile

Instead, it seems, for some, to have touched off much more serious responses, including pretty strong feelings about not forgiving. So now I have to wonder...Is Forgiveness a Christian trait? It's something that's been a concept in my life for as long as I remember. I just assumed it was a universal trait. Apparently not? What are your thoughts?

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
10-12-2011, 01:06 AM
(10-12-2011 12:59 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  In all honesty, I thought this would be a humorous little thread. People would say things like: They forgive Santa Claus for not bringing that Commodore 64 system they wanted so bad, or they forgive HoC for being incoherent, or we could try to forgive Filox for...well, being Filox (j/k, bro...you know I've got your back). Smile

Instead, it seems, for some, to have touched off much more serious responses, including pretty strong feelings about not forgiving. So now I have to wonder...Is Forgiveness a Christian trait? It's something that's been a concept in my life for as long as I remember. I just assumed it was a universal trait. Apparently not? What are your thoughts?

Have I been forgiven yet? Or am I still on "The List"?

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
10-12-2011, 01:09 AM
(10-12-2011 01:06 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(10-12-2011 12:59 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  In all honesty, I thought this would be a humorous little thread. People would say things like: They forgive Santa Claus for not bringing that Commodore 64 system they wanted so bad, or they forgive HoC for being incoherent, or we could try to forgive Filox for...well, being Filox (j/k, bro...you know I've got your back). Smile

I spoke about you with my therapist today. I think I'm ok now. I therefore forgive you for calling me a false prophet and saying that I never having the true salvation that the Father offers us through his Son Jesus Christ and by way of regeneration through the Holy Spirit. She reminded me that I agreed with you 100%. Big Grin

Or was I supposed to forgive you for saying something else?
Angry

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
10-12-2011, 01:17 AM (This post was last modified: 10-12-2011 01:21 AM by kingschosen.)
(10-12-2011 01:09 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(10-12-2011 01:06 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  

I spoke about you with my therapist today. I think I'm ok now. I therefore forgive you for calling me a false prophet and saying that I never having the true salvation that the Father offers us through his Son Jesus Christ and by way of regeneration through the Holy Spirit. She reminded me that I agreed with you 100%. Big Grin

Or was I supposed to forgive you for saying something else?
Angry

I like turtles.
I also forgive all of you for not giving me rep.

[+] 2 users Like kingschosen's post
10-12-2011, 01:22 AM
I forgive myself for smoking copious amounts of weed. Is that better? Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes aurora's post
10-12-2011, 01:28 AM (This post was last modified: 10-12-2011 01:30 AM by houseofcantor.)

My thoughts are all in that rant - and I ain't up to decoding "rant format" - they still say all I need to say on that topic. Wink
(10-12-2011 01:17 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  I also forgive all of you for not giving me rep.

Already gave you rep, you brat. Kids. Tongue

[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
10-12-2011, 01:39 AM
(10-12-2011 01:28 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  

My thoughts are all in that rant - and I ain't up to decoding "rant format" - they still say all I need to say on that topic. Wink
(10-12-2011 01:17 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  I also forgive all of you for not giving me rep.

Already gave you rep, you brat. Kids. Tongue

YOU LIE!

...I should really go to bed.

10-12-2011, 01:56 AM
(10-12-2011 01:39 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  YOU LIE!

...I should really go to bed.

I guess I did lie. Fixed. Now you're a brat. Go to sleep. Big Grin