The Ideal ( R ) Candidate

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-08-2015, 07:33 AM
The Ideal ( R ) Candidate
With Donald Trump as the "frontrunner" going towards the Presidential primaries, the Republicans have to ask themselves "Is this the best we've got"??

The answer is quite self-evident....

So -- How could they do better?

I think that they need to contact the Disney Corporation and see if they can borrow the animatronic version or Ronald Reagan from the Hall of Presidents, to run as their candidate.

Consider -- the anamatron wasn't actually the President - so it's not term limited. The technology is over 35 years old - so age isn't a problem.

And as senile as the original Ronnie was towards the end -- who'd notice the difference????

The time is now.

VOTE REAGAN V2.0

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
31-08-2015, 12:44 PM
RE: The Ideal ( R ) Candidate
Bring back Teddy!
01-09-2015, 11:17 AM
(31-08-2015 07:33 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  With Donald Trump as the "frontrunner" going towards the Presidential primaries, the Republicans have to ask themselves "Is this the best we've got"??

• Drop most social issues from the platform. Take a stance that these are individual choices and focus on "freedom".
  • Soften the abortion rhetoric while still maintaining a pro-life platform (this may be a shell game, but you have to appease the base).
  • Work toward comprehensive immigration reform while telling all of the racists in the party to shut their mouths.
  • Maintain a relatively conservative fiscal policy while raising taxes on the wealthy.
  • Stop whining about the ACA and look at ways to "fix" it instead of dismantle it.
I still wouldn't vote for the guy, but it would go a long way to cutting loose some of the most revolting aspects of the party and attracting moderates.
[+] 1 user Likes RobbyPants's post
02-09-2015, 12:48 PM
(31-08-2015 12:44 PM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  Bring back Teddy!

you forgot Eisenhower
02-09-2015, 06:38 PM
(31-08-2015 07:33 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  With Donald Trump as the "frontrunner" going towards the Presidential primaries, the Republicans have to ask themselves "Is this the best we've got"??

I think that they need to contact the Disney Corporation and see if they can borrow the animatronic version or Ronald Reagan from the Hall of Presidents, to run as their candidate.

Consider -- the anamatron wasn't actually the President - so it's not term limited. The technology is over 35 years old - so age isn't a problem.

And as senile as the original Ronnie was towards the end -- who'd notice the difference????

The time is now.

VOTE REAGAN V2.0

I really like Ben Carson. He is my ideal candidate. The reasons why I like him the most are:
1)he is great person
2)he is smart
3)he is not politician
4)he sounds like someone who can unite people
5)he is super handsome Heart

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
[+] 1 user Likes Alla's post
02-09-2015, 07:52 PM
Carson, heh. I hope he's read a book since the last time he tried to run. He said some pretty idiotic stuff in the last run, which is what dropped him from the frontrunner position even among GOP voters.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
02-09-2015, 08:00 PM
(02-09-2015 06:38 PM)Alla Wrote:  I really like Ben Carson. He is my ideal candidate. The reasons why I like him the most are:
1)he is great person
2)he is smart
3)he is not politician
4)he sounds like someone who can unite people
5)he is super handsome Heart

Ah look, Alla's got a crush. Big Grin

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
02-09-2015, 08:11 PM
I thought Jon Huntsman was the ideal R last time around. I think Lindsey Graham is the ideal R this time around. ... I should probably change my party affiliation because there's a fringe vitriolic element running the party which I don't want no part of. No

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
02-09-2015, 08:46 PM
(02-09-2015 07:52 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Carson, heh. I hope he's read a book since the last time he tried to run. He said some pretty idiotic stuff in the last run, which is what dropped him from the frontrunner position even among GOP voters.
He did, but I think he is learning from his own mistakes.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
02-09-2015, 10:05 PM
"Never interrupt an enemy as he's making a mistake" -- Sun-Tzu
[+] 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post