• 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-04-2017, 09:29 PM
RE: The Inquisition Vs Raping Children
(17-04-2017 08:02 PM)ImFred Wrote:  
(17-04-2017 05:40 PM)Anjele Wrote:  *altar

You have some direct knowledge?

Probably just spellcheck....

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Fatbaldhobbit's post
17-04-2017, 09:37 PM
I went with the inqisition because you've got to be kidding yourself if you think that child molestation is something new that came along in the 20th century. Between the questionable motives many people had for entering the priesthood (get them out of sight!), a lifetime of celibacy, and an organization more willing to contine the crimes than admit its flaws it's pretty much inevitable. You're hearing about it now because the church has lost a lot of its power and is now open to external investigation, but it's been going on for millenia.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 4 users Like Paleophyte's post
08-05-2017, 07:32 PM
Child molestation has been going on since the dawn of mankind. that's nothing new. However, what's the correlation between these two? :/ ... why exactly we have to choose from these two? :/
[+] 1 user Likes TheUnholy's post
08-05-2017, 09:28 PM
The Inquisition Vs Raping Children
(17-04-2017 05:44 PM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  The difference is that the church hierarchy engaged in a policy of suppression and cover-ups. This included:

Moving molesters to new locations.
Refusing to alert authorities and/or engaging authorities to aid the cover-up.
Paying off victims with settlements tied to the victims' continued silence.
Moving molesters outside of the countries in which their crimes were committed.
Paying legal fees and financial penalties for molesters.
Enacting policies punishing witness clergy who alerted authorities.

To this day, we still do not know the extent of the damage, the depth of the crimes committed.

Can someone tell me why? Why do they cover something like this up?
08-05-2017, 09:54 PM
(08-05-2017 07:32 PM)TheUnholy Wrote:  Child molestation has been going on since the dawn of mankind. that's nothing new. However, what's the correlation between these two? :/ ... why exactly we have to choose from these two? :/

Because I hate Catholicism and tried somewhat unsuccessfully to make a point.
09-05-2017, 12:01 AM
(08-05-2017 09:28 PM)KUSA Wrote:  Can someone tell me why? Why do they cover something like this up?

I think the suspicion is that it's so widespread that the scandal might hurt the church really badly if they were open about it.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.