The Insanity and Insecurity of Christian Forum Members and Staff

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-07-2013, 02:41 PM
RE: The Insanity and Insecurity of Christian Forum Members and Staff
Lol guys seriously you're just wasting your time with those people.

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Logisch's post
26-07-2013, 02:46 PM
Yea, well. At the very least I'll try to hit a nerve by commenting about how only insecure people shut down discussion.

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
26-07-2013, 02:52 PM
(26-07-2013 02:41 PM)Logisch Wrote:  Lol guys seriously you're just wasting your time with those people.

I enjoy being reassured that I'm right about the whole censorship and horrible moderating that the Christian sites use. I want to know why she can't handle even the slightest blasphemy on her site. She felt personally offended when I talked to her yesterday so I want to know the thought process she went through.

[Image: g-HitchensThinkSelf.gif]
26-07-2013, 03:40 PM
I don't share their views of oppressing ideas that are scary, but then again, it is for those reasons that most of them are dogmatic mindless christian zombies in the first place. Did you expect otherwise. People like KC, who is willing to at least question his religion and remain religious are a rare (and baffling) breed. No offense intended KC, you're still cool in my book.

I don't really like them here either, because most of them are unwilling to question what they were indoctrinated into believing. Conversations with them are almost always pointless. A waste of my energy. Those that are willing to concede that they could be wrong will wind up at places like these when they began to question their faith.

Eh, whatever.

26-07-2013, 09:25 PM
Went into another Christian chat room, guess what happened? Banned again. This one I actually went into a live chat room and started talking to some Christians. The thing is, they said they weren't Christians....... they just had a relationship with Jesus. I swear, they never run out of surprises do they?

Then I said some things about religion and all of a sudden I was insulting and sarcastic. The sarcastic part really got me because I didn't say a damn thing sarcastically. Then a woman started to get discouraged and guess what happened? I got banned so fast I didn't even get to defend myself from all the hate I was getting. One guy even said that chatting is okay as long as it doesn't offend anyone.

WTF is the point of chatting if you can't really rip apart some one else's argument? I find that most other people cannot handle criticism at all and it really disappoints me. The point of conversation isn't to make everyone involved feel good about themselves, or am I all wrong? I'm slowly loosing my confidence in humanity the longer I stay on these forums.

[Image: g-HitchensThinkSelf.gif]
31-07-2013, 04:19 PM
(26-07-2013 12:17 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Kingsy,
There is no evidence of a local flood in the ancient Near East. Archaeology has proven there is no silt layer anywhere, (anywhere at all), and specifically which would correspond to any small OR large flood. Many sites, (Jericho for example), and sites in Turkey (where Mt. Ararat is), have been excavated to below any level where the flood could have, or would have happened. In order for a craft to be deposited on Mt. Ararat, the water level would have had to be higher than a "local" flood. No silt layer at Mt.Ararat. There also was no genetic bottle-neck at any time the ancient Near East. So no wide-spread flood. What evidence is there for a local flood, or are you saying that there is no evidence, but one was "possible" ?

I know. That's why I said the flood was a story.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
31-07-2013, 04:28 PM (This post was last modified: 31-07-2013 04:32 PM by kingschosen.)
I was going to address the OP again, but I decided not to.

Not really worth my typing.

PS - you really need to work on your text interpretation skills. In much of the stuff you said, you created a whole new intent for it rather than what I meant.

Edit: this is to elegant_atheist

31-07-2013, 04:31 PM
(31-07-2013 04:19 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(26-07-2013 12:17 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Kingsy,
There is no evidence of a local flood in the ancient Near East. Archaeology has proven there is no silt layer anywhere, (anywhere at all), and specifically which would correspond to any small OR large flood. Many sites, (Jericho for example), and sites in Turkey (where Mt. Ararat is), have been excavated to below any level where the flood could have, or would have happened. In order for a craft to be deposited on Mt. Ararat, the water level would have had to be higher than a "local" flood. No silt layer at Mt.Ararat. There also was no genetic bottle-neck at any time the ancient Near East. So no wide-spread flood. What evidence is there for a local flood, or are you saying that there is no evidence, but one was "possible" ?

I know. That's why I said the flood was a story.

K then.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
31-07-2013, 04:31 PM
(31-07-2013 04:31 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(31-07-2013 04:19 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  I know. That's why I said the flood was a story.

K then.

All right then.

so now what?

Get a beer?

31-07-2013, 04:33 PM
(31-07-2013 04:31 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(31-07-2013 04:31 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  K then.

All right then.

so now what?

Get a beer?

You buying ?
K then.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche