The Interface

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-01-2014, 06:49 PM
The Interface
What is the mechanism/process of an entity, which is not physical, to interact with the physical? What is the interface?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes TheBear's post
18-01-2014, 06:56 PM
RE: The Interface
[Image: B33DdSu.jpg]

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 8 users Like Vosur's post
18-01-2014, 07:01 PM
Big Grin Thumbsup
18-01-2014, 07:31 PM
This is a serious question for theists, however, particularly for those who believe that this entity interacts with the physical universe.
18-01-2014, 08:35 PM
I know they hate the term "magic" and that's sort of why i keep using it.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
[+] 5 users Like sporehux's post
18-01-2014, 10:33 PM
(18-01-2014 07:31 PM)TheBear Wrote:  This is a serious question for theists, however, particularly for those who believe that this entity interacts with the physical universe.

Goddidit.

That's the serious answer.
19-01-2014, 12:12 AM

Dreams/Hallucinations/delusions are not evidence
Wishful thinking is not evidence
Disproved statements&Illogical conclusions are not evidence
Logical fallacies&Unsubstantiated claims are not evidence
Vague prophecies is not evidence
Data that requires a certain belief is not evidence
[+] 1 user Likes IndianAtheist's post
19-01-2014, 12:56 AM
Might be slightly going off topic, but I think its relevant...

In the debate I had with a friend over the existence/nonexistence of an afterlife, I posed this to him.

Is it logical that consciousness can exist outside the brain when neuroscience has shown it to be inextricably linked to the brain, and is dramatically affected by very small changes both internal and external to the brain?

Also... Is it logical that evolution would produce an organ as complex and energy consuming as the human brain if it was not necessary?

Following that logic, I conclude that its very unlikely that there's an afterlife... There's no guessing involved. We know for a fact that consciousness is inextricably linked to the brain, and we know for a fact that the human brain has taken around 4 billion years to evolve, and is the most energy consuming organ in the body. The existence of an afterlife makes those three known and verifiable facts illogical.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
19-01-2014, 01:22 AM (This post was last modified: 19-01-2014 01:27 AM by DLJ.)
Perhaps we first have to establish whether we are talking about a hardware interface / connector or a user interface.

However, both of these are concerned with connecting physical (rather than non-physical) entities.

Prayer would be an example of physical to non-physical but your question was about non-physical to physical so I think we are talking about Transcendental to Natural hardware connectivity.

We do have one example which concerned the connection of a supernatural male connector into a human female port and given the distance from non-physical to physical, I suspect TCP/IP was used:

Transcendental Conception Protocol/Immaculate Protocol.:
The TCP part has to do with the verifying delivery of the packets. The IP part refers to the moving of packets between nodes.

Another question is... analogue or digital ... wave or particle?

I suspect digital because, for example, prayers are either answered (at some time in the future) or they are not. Then again, given the vast quantity of prayers that seem to go missing, perhaps it's analogue which is more prone to interference and signal noise.

Possible hardware interfaces:

HDMI:
HinDu Multimedia Interface.

USB:
Universal Supernatural Bullshit.

HellFireWire:
Developed by the Devil at the Eden lab for Apple devices... very enticing!

Thunderbolt:
High-speed interface that was developed by Norse-Greek-Intel ... useful for providing power to connected peripheral devices (lesser gods).

Has this page been useful?
Please rate to help us improve our customer service.
Thank you.

Thumbsup

[+] 4 users Like DLJ's post
19-01-2014, 02:04 AM
(19-01-2014 01:22 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Perhaps we first have to establish whether we are talking about a hardware interface / connector or a user interface.

However, both of these are concerned with connecting physical (rather than non-physical) entities.

Prayer would be an example of physical to non-physical but your question was about non-physical to physical so I think we are talking about Transcendental to Natural hardware connectivity.

We do have one example which concerned the connection of a supernatural male connector into a human female port and given the distance from non-physical to physical, I suspect TCP/IP was used:

Transcendental Conception Protocol/Immaculate Protocol.:
The TCP part has to do with the verifying delivery of the packets. The IP part refers to the moving of packets between nodes.

Another question is... analogue or digital ... wave or particle?

I suspect digital because, for example, prayers are either answered (at some time in the future) or they are not. Then again, given the vast quantity of prayers that seem to go missing, perhaps it's analogue which is more prone to interference and signal noise.

Possible hardware interfaces:

HDMI:
HinDu Multimedia Interface.

USB:
Universal Supernatural Bullshit.

HellFireWire:
Developed by the Devil at the Eden lab for Apple devices... very enticing!

Thunderbolt:
High-speed interface that was developed by Norse-Greek-Intel ... useful for providing power to connected peripheral devices (lesser gods).

Has this page been useful?
Please rate to help us improve our customer service.
Thank you.

Thumbsup

I think God is meant to be wireless...

Very slow broadband he's using... Took Jesus three whole days to respawn.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Sam's post