The Internet and atheism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-12-2013, 05:37 PM (This post was last modified: 24-12-2013 05:41 PM by λάθε βιώσας.)
RE: The Internet and atheism
in this specialized sense or issue

refers to how the courts view it...

the courts are "We the People"

how many religious beliefs are there in the United States?

surely a minority of Atheists can't make the court pass laws which infringe on the rights of others? (Apollo 8 for instance)

or their rights to believe or practice or go to whatever house of worship they wish.

none of it is allowed on public property, but the majority of property in the US is Private.

[Image: ec25156e-63b1-4c54-98cc-e0325deeaf3b_zps3f7864d1.jpg]
Hands Of Dust
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-12-2013, 05:43 PM
I have "faith" in the United States think-tank

After all I am an American, (natural born, first generation here) and proud.

it's my sub-religion -- Patriotism Smile

[Image: ec25156e-63b1-4c54-98cc-e0325deeaf3b_zps3f7864d1.jpg]
Hands Of Dust
24-12-2013, 05:58 PM
(24-12-2013 05:37 PM)λάθε βιώσας Wrote:  in this specialized sense or issue

surely a minority of Atheists can't make the court pass laws which infringe on the rights of others? (Apollo 8 for instance)

or their rights to believe or practice or go to whatever house of worship they wish.

none of it is allowed on public property, but the majority of property in the US is Private.

I recognize the individual words and phrases as English, but the sentences don't make a lot of sense.

Could you clarify, please?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-12-2013, 08:04 PM
(24-12-2013 05:58 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(24-12-2013 05:37 PM)λάθε βιώσας Wrote:  in this specialized sense or issue

I recognize the individual words and phrases as English, but the sentences don't make a lot of sense.

Could you clarify, please?
Is this a common thing? I think I heard these statements before from youTongue So many obscure posters we have now a days.
I still think this guy could be TTT, has anyone checked?

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
25-12-2013, 08:10 PM
(24-12-2013 05:11 PM)λάθε βιώσας Wrote:  
(23-12-2013 07:33 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  Do you think the Internet is one of the biggest factors driving the decrease of religion in developed countries in the past 20 years?

this opening is subjective, to me anyway.

This is true, which is why the rest of my post (which you didn't quote) was me admitting it was just correlation and anecdotes, with two separate requests for any further information or studies on the subject.

(24-12-2013 05:11 PM)λάθε βιώσας Wrote:  Atheism is a religion in the United States, the Supreme Court has decided this and Atheism now is a tax free institution.

there are many reasons why they did this, but one of the main reasons is to offer it equal protection under Constitutional Law.

another reason is that American Atheist starting with Murray O'Hair has been on a relentless quest to sue the US Government.

Now that Atheism is a belief system (which is not what the Constitution in my Nation is based on)

this basically throws out the American Atheists organization from challenging Federal Law as they are a religious institution, and Congress shall make no law regarding a religious institution.

it's complex... but it works both ways.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madalyn_Murray_O%27Hair

this entered into federal realm starting in the prison system, that's how it got to the Supreme Court.

~~~

yes she sued the federal government (we the people) over reading Genesis in space, our Court had no Jurisdiction there... so no pay out... she lost.

Jesus Christ, this was horribly off topic and inane. Don't do that again! [condescending-finger-waging-smily.gif]
[+] 2 users Like RobbyPants's post
25-12-2013, 10:35 PM
For me, the internet was where I realized that being atheist was okay. I started questioning long before I used the internet, but the internet let me escape the Bible Belt where I live and realize that the questions I had were valid ones. What's happening is that now when people have questions, they have a nearly unlimited amount of information at their fingertips. I personally started with my own list of questions, but the internet brought up even more that I hadn't thought of and made it impossible for me to call myself a Christian. I'd been exposed to too much.
[+] 2 users Like southernbelle's post
26-12-2013, 08:35 AM
(24-12-2013 05:29 PM)λάθε βιώσας Wrote:  
(24-12-2013 05:25 PM)Chas Wrote:  The ruling by the Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals is quite narrow and applies to being able to interpret the First Amendment to cover lack of religious belief as being protected and preventing Congess from legislating atheism.
Both ways, indeed. Drinking Beverage

the United States consists of all people, of all faiths and beliefs or religions.

and as written in the Constitution all people are free to practice what they believe, no religious institution may petition the federal government to pass laws for them.

this is what I was banned for on atheistforums org lol

bringing this simple truth, which is a matter of greater discussion to light.

the Constitution is a theistic document.

No, you were banned because you're a fucking troll.

The Constitution mandates a secular republic. There is no mention of gods or religions except to mandate that the government isn't involved.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
26-12-2013, 09:20 AM
(26-12-2013 08:35 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(24-12-2013 05:29 PM)λάθε βιώσας Wrote:  the United States consists of all people, of all faiths and beliefs or religions.

and as written in the Constitution all people are free to practice what they believe, no religious institution may petition the federal government to pass laws for them.

this is what I was banned for on atheistforums org lol

bringing this simple truth, which is a matter of greater discussion to light.

the Constitution is a theistic document.

No, you were banned because you're a fucking troll.

The Constitution mandates a secular republic. There is no mention of gods or religions except to mandate that the government isn't involved.

Yeah one thing that drove me from posting on FB was someone said one day "america is a democracy" and I responded with "No....it's a republic. Look it up" which resulted in a two day, 500+ posting argument of so many ridiculous people that I just finally gave up. Now I post funny pictures and try to stay away from any sort of real conversation.

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
26-12-2013, 10:12 AM
(26-12-2013 09:20 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  ...
Now I post funny pictures and try to stay away from any sort of real conversation.

A bit like here, then.

Tongue

26-12-2013, 10:21 AM
(26-12-2013 10:12 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(26-12-2013 09:20 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  ...
Now I post funny pictures and try to stay away from any sort of real conversation.

A bit like here, then.

Tongue

ayup. It's really not my fault that the majority of people are dumber than fly paper.
I'm not opposed to Real conversation - just getting more particular on what topics I'm willing to engage in.

Drinking Beverage

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 3 users Like WitchSabrina's post