The Interview

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-12-2014, 11:34 AM
The Interview
Just got my copy of this today, came out yesterday and it has been pirated 200k+ times since last night over its controversy and cuz it was only released in the US.

Anyone seen it yet? I am about to watch it and it looks hilarious.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-12-2014, 06:27 PM
RE: The Interview
Let us know...

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
25-12-2014, 06:39 PM
I've only seen the trailer and I'm currently downloading a copy to watch with my mates on Sunday. I think it's going to be funny because there's a few talented people working on it but it's also going to be really predictable.

I'd like to prove how (fucking) clever I am:
-The main joke built around Rogan's character is that he's going to be a fop and a prissy celebrity stereotype.
-Franko will be the straight man and have a romance subplot. (Probably with one of their CIA handlers.)
-Rogan is going to become friends with Kim Jong-Un and going to want to not kill him. This will fuzt with Franko's and Rogan's friendship and will drive the second act conflict.
-Rogan will change his mind because of the terrible poverty and awful shit going on outside his little, audience surrogate, first world bubble. (Because you don't make a movie using a real world figure like this without a message.)
-Whatever fuckup that kicks off the third act will take out the actual assassination squad forcing the two of them (friends once more) to fight their way to Kim to kill him. It might be a fairly well done action scene though; Michael Bendner does good work.
-They give up after killing Kimmy and will either be extracted via a minor CIA supporting character (Love interest? Probably via attack helicopter) or taken prisoner and their celebrity status will be leveraged to protect them from the consequences.

Prediction I'm not so sure about:
-Rogan and Franko are going to be trapped in the, less luxurious "real" North Korea for a short period of time. Probably after the assassination squad is killed or after Rogan refuses to kill Kimmy and fucks both of them over.

Soulless mutants of muscle and intent. There are billions of us; hardy, smart and dangerous. Shaped by millions of years of death. We are the definitive alpha predator. We build monsters of fire and stone. We bottled the sun. We nailed our god to a stick.

In man's struggle against the world, bet on the man.
26-12-2014, 09:54 PM
So how was it?

Soulless mutants of muscle and intent. There are billions of us; hardy, smart and dangerous. Shaped by millions of years of death. We are the definitive alpha predator. We build monsters of fire and stone. We bottled the sun. We nailed our god to a stick.

In man's struggle against the world, bet on the man.
26-12-2014, 10:18 PM
The movie was OK. I would give it about a 3.5 / 5 .

The first half of the movie is kinda boring. Once they get to North Korea and stuff starts happening is when it picks up. The movie does not get really interesting until they meet Kim Jong Un.

The ending was kinda meh, there is a few good or decent parts. Some fucking, some explosions, some iron dildo shaped hunks of metal being shoved up someones ass. Other than that, it was nothing to really write home about.

26-12-2014, 11:29 PM
(26-12-2014 10:18 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  Some fucking, some explosions, some iron dildo shaped hunks of metal being shoved up someones ass. Other than that, it was nothing to really write home about.

SF, this sounds more like a travel review of North Korea than a movie critique. Smile

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
26-12-2014, 11:45 PM
(26-12-2014 11:29 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(26-12-2014 10:18 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  Some fucking, some explosions, some iron dildo shaped hunks of metal being shoved up someones ass. Other than that, it was nothing to really write home about.

SF, this sounds more like a travel review of North Korea than a movie critique. Smile

I am not a professional critique. I am a guy but I am not a THAT....I certainly do not have glasses.

What do you want from me?

27-12-2014, 10:22 AM
I watched yesterday over the Xbox. $7 and an 1.5 hours that I can never get back, a TOTAL waste of time.

A friend in the hole

"If we're going to be damned, let's be damned for what we really are." - Captain Picard
27-12-2014, 12:24 PM
Damn, I feel kinda obligated to see it... if I don't, then the terrorists of freedom win and it becomes a slippery slope.

I feel like I'm being mind fucked to mind fuck the mind fuckers. Blink

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
27-12-2014, 01:14 PM
(27-12-2014 12:24 PM)kim Wrote:  Damn, I feel kinda obligated to see it... if I don't, then the terrorists of freedom win and it becomes a slippery slope.

I feel like I'm being mind fucked to mind fuck the mind fuckers. Blink

Well watch it to exercise your freedom of speech, but pay as little for it that you can , and just be prepared to be drenched with visual and audio fecal matter.

A friend in the hole

"If we're going to be damned, let's be damned for what we really are." - Captain Picard