The Invention Of The Jewish People

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-04-2013, 09:45 AM
RE: The Invention Of The Jewish People
Kim, let me tell you something about I&I; he never actually gets to the point despite being asked numerous times to do so.

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-04-2013, 09:48 AM
(05-04-2013 09:45 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Kim, let me tell you something about I&I; he never actually gets to the point despite being asked numerous times to do so.
There are a lot of people who need to
[Image: cnn.jpeg]

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
05-04-2013, 10:14 AM
(05-04-2013 02:22 AM)kim Wrote:  
(04-04-2013 08:16 PM)I and I Wrote:  Actually the author of the book INVENTION OF THE JEWISH PEOPLE is an Israeli professor and says exactly the same thing. In his book he doesn't deal with current Israeli policy or the Israeli nation. The author is an atheist and his book is simply to point out the inconsistencies and fallacies in which made up " the Jewish people". Shlomo Sand is the authors name.

He wrote another book called the invention of Israel which deals with more current Israeli policies I assume, but I do know he isn't for kicking out Jewish people from Israel which by this point would be a pipe dream and a waste of time supporting.

Hm, I looked up the author's wiki - looks like a good read.

Still don't know what you're so bent about. Why didn't you just say, 'Hey, I just read this guy's work, here's what he said, and I think it's cool.' ... Then maybe say here's how it fits in with what's on my mind. (which you have yet to divulge)

No need to get all obsessive about it... you might read another book tomorrow and find a whole different thing to have a crush on.

But hey, you rock on. :coffee:

The guy is an atheist and a communist so he gets brownie points for those, and to me it just seemed like a good archaeology book/history book. Like for example: there is no historical evidence for an exodus from Egypt and that the land that the slaves went to (Canaan) was actually under Egyptian rule at the time of this supposed exodus. Many of the chapters basically shits on the Old Testament and shows it to be mostly made up and exaggerated. For some reason in the 1800's there was a sect of Judaism that read he Christian bible and this sects "historical account" was one of the source used for the invention of the idea of a cohesive singular Jewish people or culture. Many things were made up by Jewish scholars about the Roman Empire and Judah as well. Making up shit about the past to Make your cock seem bigger is something that most societies do.
05-04-2013, 04:52 PM
(05-04-2013 10:14 AM)I and I Wrote:  
(05-04-2013 02:22 AM)kim Wrote:  Hm, I looked up the author's wiki - looks like a good read.

Still don't know what you're so bent about. Why didn't you just say, 'Hey, I just read this guy's work, here's what he said, and I think it's cool.' ... Then maybe say here's how it fits in with what's on my mind. (which you have yet to divulge)

No need to get all obsessive about it... you might read another book tomorrow and find a whole different thing to have a crush on.

But hey, you rock on. Drinking Beverage

The guy is an atheist and a communist so he gets brownie points for those, and to me it just seemed like a good archaeology book/history book. Like for example: there is no historical evidence for an exodus from Egypt and that the land that the slaves went to (Canaan) was actually under Egyptian rule at the time of this supposed exodus. Many of the chapters basically shits on the Old Testament and shows it to be mostly made up and exaggerated. For some reason in the 1800's there was a sect of Judaism that read he Christian bible and this sects "historical account" was one of the source used for the invention of the idea of a cohesive singular Jewish people or culture. Many things were made up by Jewish scholars about the Roman Empire and Judah as well. Making up shit about the past to Make your cock seem bigger is something that most societies do.

There were cohesive Jewish cultures in Europe for many centuries, long before the 1800's. They were genetically largely separated from other groups due to religious and social restrictions.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-04-2013, 06:04 PM
(05-04-2013 04:52 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(05-04-2013 10:14 AM)I and I Wrote:  The guy is an atheist and a communist so he gets brownie points for those, and to me it just seemed like a good archaeology book/history book. Like for example: there is no historical evidence for an exodus from Egypt and that the land that the slaves went to (Canaan) was actually under Egyptian rule at the time of this supposed exodus. Many of the chapters basically shits on the Old Testament and shows it to be mostly made up and exaggerated. For some reason in the 1800's there was a sect of Judaism that read he Christian bible and this sects "historical account" was one of the source used for the invention of the idea of a cohesive singular Jewish people or culture. Many things were made up by Jewish scholars about the Roman Empire and Judah as well. Making up shit about the past to Make your cock seem bigger is something that most societies do.

There were cohesive Jewish cultures in Europe for many centuries, long before the 1800's. They were genetically largely separated from other groups due to religious and social restrictions.

Correct, and these European Jewish people are not connected in any way to the mythical slaves in the desert fleeing from Egypt or the Jewish populations under roman rule. As the author points out, historically Judaism was a religion that accepted converts and looked for converts and the idea that the followers of Judaism are of one specific singular culture is false.

It wasn't until a couple hundred years ago that Judaism became a close religion to converts.
06-04-2013, 07:52 AM
(05-04-2013 06:04 PM)I and I Wrote:  
(05-04-2013 04:52 PM)Chas Wrote:  There were cohesive Jewish cultures in Europe for many centuries, long before the 1800's. They were genetically largely separated from other groups due to religious and social restrictions.

Correct, and these European Jewish people are not connected in any way to the mythical slaves in the desert fleeing from Egypt or the Jewish populations under roman rule. As the author points out, historically Judaism was a religion that accepted converts and looked for converts and the idea that the followers of Judaism are of one specific singular culture is false.

It wasn't until a couple hundred years ago that Judaism became a close religion to converts.

Do you mean 'closed'? Because that is not correct. People still convert to Judaism.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-04-2013, 08:42 AM
A great deal of what we call "Judaism" or being "Jewish" is if the mother is Jewish, the offspring are often raised Jewish or to consider themselves Jewish, even though the father might be Muslim, Brazilian, or Chinese.

I have a couple of Jewish acquaintances who are also Sri Lankan. Thinking it might be an odd mixture, I just now looked up the spelling of Sri Lanka... found this. Learn something old every day, huh? Wink

"You're not getting into my panties unless we raise the kids how I was raised." I've noticed this matriarchal influence is quite common to Nomadic peoples all over the world. Think of how that's going to affect the movement of peoples throughout the world.

It's pretty logical to me, actually; males are always running around, heading off to wars, generally wreaking havoc and uprooting the family. The only stability was to raise the kids in the traditional customs of the female and that would include the religious customs.

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
06-04-2013, 08:59 AM
The movement of tribes looks to be a guy thing. Stability looks to be a chick thing. ... Now... as for religious customs... well, now you're talking about something controlled by the male in most societies.
Thanks for the testosterone. Dodgy

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
06-04-2013, 09:17 AM
(06-04-2013 08:59 AM)kim Wrote:  The movement of tribes looks to be a guy thing. Stability looks to be a chick thing. ... Now... as for religious customs... well, now you're talking about something controlled by the male in most societies.
Thanks for the testosterone. Dodgy

Why are you even on this forum? Don't you have a kitchen that needs attending? Tongue

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post