The Irrational Nature Of Atheism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-10-2012, 09:26 PM
RE: The Irrational Nature Of Atheism
(20-10-2012 09:24 PM)The Theist Wrote:  
(20-10-2012 08:55 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Ahh, science books have supporting evidence son.
As do history books for when you no doubt divert on to those.
The bible doesn't.

On science books and supporting evidence. Kent Hovind's 100 Reasons why evolution is stupid.

On history and the Bible, you don't know much about either. The most ardent and informed atheists I have ever met, in fact, the two who I mention as being the only informed atheists I have ever met, were history buffs introduced to the Bible by it's importance in an historical context. They don't believe the God but wouldn't be so obtuse to even suggest it's historic insignificance. Read my post on historicity. Or Read the Theological works of Isaac Newton.

I know. You are a confident modern day atheist. An island of arrogance in a rolling sea of stupidity. Your assumptions are as good as gold.
Ooh, that's nice. A religious website to back up your claims, and using the word stupid for one of the most scientifically accepted fact. Ruuuurl smart.

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Question's post
20-10-2012, 09:27 PM
(20-10-2012 09:10 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  So.. The Theist, what exactly are you trying to achieve here?
Your "logic" is flawed and wrong so you're obviously not here to convert a few atheists. You insult members who show the flaws in your logic, so you're not exactly here to make friends.
So, I'm wondering, for what purpose are you trolling our little forum?

Well, why don't you piss off. Don't pay no attention to me. You don't feed a troll, little man. If my logic is flawed then demonstrate it and stop throwing shit on the passersby just because they disagree with you.

Such intellectual cowardly fucks are atheists online. You haven't a thought in your head.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
20-10-2012, 09:28 PM (This post was last modified: 20-10-2012 09:35 PM by Vosur.)
(20-10-2012 09:04 PM)The Theist Wrote:  The scripture mentions gods and God. Lords and Lord. Which, on this atheist forum, is irrelevant to the modern usage of the word?
Perhaps I should have clarified what I meant by that. The Greek and Hebrew usage of the word is irrelevant to the modern English usage of the word.

(20-10-2012 09:04 PM)The Theist Wrote:  Bullshit. Personal experience.
It's still a generalization.

(20-10-2012 09:04 PM)The Theist Wrote:  You keep copping out. Atheism, at the least, denies all other uses of the word god, applying it in a grossly irresponsible manner.
Actually, it doesn't. As I've said earlier, you don't seem to grasp the concept of polysemous words, words that have several different meanings and definitions. I have no problem with acknowledging that there are other definitions of the word "god" than the one I'm using, but that's completely irrelevant to my usage of the term. I'm not using your definition when I say that I, for example, "reject the concept of gods".

(20-10-2012 09:04 PM)The Theist Wrote:  There is a reason why you don't see atheists tackling the subject by discussing the Bhagavad Gita or Hindusim.
Argument from ignorance. There are actually a lot of atheists discussing Hinduism. This popular atheism forum has an entire section dedicated to it and this sub-section of yet another popular atheism forum has several threads in an "Other religions" sub-section.

(20-10-2012 09:04 PM)The Theist Wrote:  Well of course it is! According to an atheist. Irrational.
You have provided no argument to support the claim that the Greek and Hebrew usage of the word thousands of years ago is relevant to it's modern usage in English.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
20-10-2012, 09:37 PM
(20-10-2012 09:24 PM)The Theist Wrote:  
(20-10-2012 08:55 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Ahh, science books have supporting evidence son.
As do history books for when you no doubt divert on to those.
The bible doesn't.

On science books and supporting evidence. Kent Hovind's 100 Reasons why evolution is stupid.

On history and the Bible, you don't know much about either. The most ardent and informed atheists I have ever met, in fact, the two who I mention as being the only informed atheists I have ever met, were history buffs introduced to the Bible by it's importance in an historical context. They don't believe the God but wouldn't be so obtuse to even suggest it's historic insignificance. Read my post on historicity. Or Read the Theological works of Isaac Newton.

I know. You are a confident modern day atheist. An island of arrogance in a rolling sea of stupidity. Your assumptions are as good as gold.

Son, I never doubted the historical significance of the bible.
I said it has no supporting evidence...

Quote:Well, why don't you piss off.

Ok, I'll play the 5 year old playground rules game too.

Because I was here first.

Quote: If my logic is flawed then demonstrate it and stop throwing shit on the passersby just because they disagree with you.

I don't demonstrate flaws in people's logic. That's why we have Bucky and others. I'm more of the guy that sits in the corner and prods you with a stick every 5seconds.

Quote:Such intellectual cowardly fucks are atheists online. You haven't a thought in your head.

Cowardly? Son, you're the one insulting people over the safety of the internet...

My Dad would totally beat up your Dad.
[Image: flat,550x550,075,f.jpg]

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
[+] 3 users Like earmuffs's post
20-10-2012, 09:41 PM (This post was last modified: 20-10-2012 09:47 PM by Vosur.)
(20-10-2012 09:24 PM)The Theist Wrote:  On science books and supporting evidence. Kent Hovind's 100 Reasons why evolution is stupid.
It's quite hilarious that you think that Kent Hovind, a YEC with no education in science whatsoever, is a good source when it comes to education about Evolution. I recommend you to read Dawkins' works The Ancestor's Tale: A Pilgrimage to the Dawn of Evolution and The Selfish Gene before you make any futher comment on the validity of Evolution. You have shown that you have no education on the subject at all.

Your ignorance is furthermore shown by your claim that Dawkins does not debate the theory of Evolution. There are several videos on YT in which Dawkins debates with Creationists about said topic.

[+] 2 users Like Vosur's post
20-10-2012, 09:43 PM
(20-10-2012 09:41 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(20-10-2012 09:24 PM)The Theist Wrote:  On science books and supporting evidence. Kent Hovind's 100 Reasons why evolution is stupid.
It's quite hilarious that you think that Kent Hovind, a YEC with no education in science whatsoever is a good source when it comes to education about Evolution. I recommend you to read Dawkins' works The Ancestor's Tale: A Pilgrimage to the Dawn of Evolution and The Selfish Gene before you make any futher comment on the validity of Evolution. You have shown that you have no education on the subject at all.

Of course he doesn't JWs are afraid of science.

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
20-10-2012, 09:44 PM
[Image: th_1sm106poke.gif]

[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
20-10-2012, 09:47 PM
(20-10-2012 09:26 PM)Red Tornado Wrote:  Ooh, that's nice. A religious website to back up your claims, and using the word stupid for one of the most scientifically accepted fact. Ruuuurl smart.

When the materialism of Rome falling created a vacuum the intellectuals had no place in the smouldering ruins. History repeats itself in, not only it's mythology but its insipid banality. You subscribe to the repetition of mythology.

Why else stand in the guise of the socially and politically incorrect? You don't protest Santa Clause or the Easter Bunny? You leave them to your myth grasping at the pseudo-intellectual short straw.

I'm not a Christian. Diametrically opposed to the knowledge that springs eternal on an emotional level you naturally object to.

An informed atheist on the brink of the second dark age a glimpse in the school house and the public square I grant you.

The educated were those instructed in math, for the sake of astrology. And the child raping priests ruled the day. They shouted their ignorant propaganda and enforced it in the school and the public square.

They diminished in shadow and unimaginable wealth.

Only to be replaced by science. Is it a remarkable achievement? Meet the new boss, same as the old boss. Now, in the school and the public square the likes of you, no more educated than the dispute between Galileo and Thomas Aquanis which you constantly remain ignorant of can save you now.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
20-10-2012, 09:49 PM
Ohhhhh, it's Artic or whatever he's going by these days. Now I get it.

Where's the ban hammer?

20-10-2012, 09:51 PM (This post was last modified: 20-10-2012 09:55 PM by Vosur.)
Oh, I almost forgot something. If you want me to, I will refute Kent Hovind's video step by step for you, The Theist. Contrary to you and him, I actually have a clue about the subject.

You know what? I'll create a new thread in the Creationism section and do just that. Might take me a while, though, the video is quite long.