The JE Walker debates commentary thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-03-2014, 04:51 AM
RE: The JE Walker debates commentary thread
(26-03-2014 09:18 PM)rampant.a.i. Wrote:  It's copied from a post that actually states the source: he's plagiarizing an article to pass off as his original thought.

"The Law of causality, which is the fundamental principle of science establishes premise one as true. Without the Law of Causality, science would be rendered impossible. Science is a search for causes. If we know anything about reality, it is that things don't happen without a cause.
Francis Bacon, the father of modern science says: "True knowledge is knowledge by causes."(The New Organon 1620; reprint, Indianapolis: Bobbs Merrill, 1960), 121

http://www.christianforums.com/t7719558/

If you put quotation marks around a block of text, Google is pretty good at finding it. Especially in forums.

ButwaitWHAT? Isn't there a Forum Rulez about plagiarizing?

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-03-2014, 05:07 AM
(26-03-2014 09:18 PM)rampant.a.i. Wrote:  If you put quotation marks around a block of text, Google is pretty good at finding it. Especially in forums.

Fankies, I had tried Googling what I pasted here, but didn't know using quotes made it work better....

27-03-2014, 05:11 AM
(27-03-2014 02:08 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Here is somthing I came across and seemed tangentially related in lieu of the recent 'debates' here. Given JEW's propensity for copy-pasta, plagiarizing WLC's tripe, and selective metaphysical/supernaturalism.

This is Hector Avalos (Yes, that Hector Avalos) posting on the blog of John W. Loftus (yes, that John W. Loftus) on how Craig is himself a selective supernaturalist.

W. L. Craig as a Pick-and-Choose Supernaturalist: A Response to Travis James Campbell

Hector Avalos @ Debunking Christianity Wrote:About a year ago, I began a series of responses to Dr. Travis Campbell, who wrote a critique (“Avalos contra Craig” = ACC) of my chapter on the historical Jesus in The End of Biblical Studies. See abbreviated Google version of the book.

Three posts were planned to address three issues that I had raised about William Lane Craig’s defense of the historicity of the resurrection. As Campbell (ACC, p. 290) summarizes my arguments:

A. Craig has misused C. Behan McCullagh’s criteria [for the resurrection];
B. a case can be made for the apparitions of Mary using McCullagh’s criteria (thus, we have a disproof by counterexample); and
C. Craig is a selective supernaturalist.

I addressed the first issue here. The second issue is addressed here.

The debate between myself and W. L. Craig is found here.

This post discusses how Craig is a selective supernaturalist insofar as his attack on methodological naturalism betrays an appeal to supernaturalism only for events he favors and not because of the application of some consistent criterion.

There's a LOT of "selective" in JEW's shit. It could make for an interesting detailed analysis for dessert...

....and BTW, who was the asshole that threw out the so-called "Taxicab 'fallacy'"...?

[+] 1 user Likes Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
27-03-2014, 06:22 AM
There must be something neurologically wrong with the guy. He contradicted himself, as pointed out above. Now he throws it out again. Dude must enjoy making a fool of himself.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
27-03-2014, 06:52 AM
He's a twit Rolleyes God... Dodgy He's fallen into that annoying pattern of "if I repeat myself often enough and accuse my opponent of not answering my points and making strawmen and and and... then I WIN". Fucken douchebag. He's not in the slightest interested in truth, all he cares about is "winning".

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 4 users Like morondog's post
27-03-2014, 07:20 AM
(27-03-2014 06:52 AM)morondog Wrote:  He's a twit Rolleyes God... Dodgy He's fallen into that annoying pattern of "if I repeat myself often enough and accuse my opponent of not answering my points and making strawmen and and and... then I WIN". Fucken douchebag. He's not in the slightest interested in truth, all he cares about is "winning".

And now it's The Song That Never Ends.

27-03-2014, 07:21 AM
(27-03-2014 07:20 AM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(27-03-2014 06:52 AM)morondog Wrote:  He's a twit Rolleyes God... Dodgy He's fallen into that annoying pattern of "if I repeat myself often enough and accuse my opponent of not answering my points and making strawmen and and and... then I WIN". Fucken douchebag. He's not in the slightest interested in truth, all he cares about is "winning".

And now it's The Song That Never Ends.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
27-03-2014, 07:41 AM
(27-03-2014 06:11 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  I am convinced that the causal principle is more than just a hint because it is repeatedly confirmed and never falsified in our experience.

Oh, like materialism.

Quote:You act like I am saying something totally unheard of here. Effects have causes.

If you disagree then you affirm things can come into existence without a cause.

False dichotomy/false choice fallacy/Strawman fallacy.

Stupid apolotard refuses to understand that challenging claim X isn't claiming "not-X".

[+] 1 user Likes Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
27-03-2014, 07:42 AM
Walker suffers from schizophasia

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
27-03-2014, 07:49 AM
(27-03-2014 06:11 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  I am convinced that the causal principle is more than just a hint because it is repeatedly confirmed and never falsified in our experience.

Yeah cuz we all know "our experience" demonstrated Relativity (no absolute space-time), Uncertainty, the "Double-Split" in Physics, Dirac's math, and ever other "counter-intuitive" discovery ever by the human race to be false.

Fucking retard. Weeping

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 4 users Like Bucky Ball's post