The JE Walker debates commentary thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-03-2014, 11:17 AM
RE: The JE Walker debates commentary thread
(28-03-2014 11:15 AM)Charis Wrote:  In the debate thread, you are pointing things out to him that he said. He seems to be saying, to several things,"no I didn't" or "that's not what happened."

You might need to provide quotes of where it happened with included context for him and everyone who's watching.

It wouldn't fucking matter, he'd just ignore it.

Weeping

... this is my signature!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like cjlr's post
28-03-2014, 11:22 AM
(28-03-2014 11:17 AM)cjlr Wrote:  
(28-03-2014 11:15 AM)Charis Wrote:  In the debate thread, you are pointing things out to him that he said. He seems to be saying, to several things,"no I didn't" or "that's not what happened."

You might need to provide quotes of where it happened with included context for him and everyone who's watching.

It wouldn't fucking matter, he'd just ignore it.

Weeping

True. He no longer has the excuse of not knowing what's going on. He is now just being plain old stubborn.
He doesn't WAANNNNA go by the rules of debate.
He doesn't WAAANNNAA have a debate where he can't pull all of the usual AiG and Ray Comfort stuff (by the way, saying certain things are just axiomatic is very VERY Ray Comfort).
He doesn't WAANNNNA have a discussion where he is not in complete control using his usual Greg Koukl tactics.
He doesn't WANNA, doesn't WANNA, doesn't WANNA.
[+] 2 users Like Charis's post
28-03-2014, 11:27 AM (This post was last modified: 28-03-2014 11:31 AM by Charis.)
Here's one place where Ray Comfort is talking about axioms:

Chapter 3 of God Doesn't Believe in Atheists.

Here's an article.
[+] 1 user Likes Charis's post
28-03-2014, 12:55 PM
Why, exactly, are you still wasting your time with this person? Consider

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
28-03-2014, 01:28 PM
(28-03-2014 11:27 AM)Charis Wrote:  Here's one place where Ray Comfort is talking about axioms:

Chapter 3 of God Doesn't Believe in Atheists.

Here's an article.

Actually sister this makes sense. I mean how can a fictional character even think if it is not real. Drinking Beverage

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] ♪僕は恐怖の一定した状態に住んで、不幸、逃すもう?僕は、それはもう痛いときも気づかないと
[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
28-03-2014, 01:41 PM (This post was last modified: 28-03-2014 02:06 PM by cjlr.)
(28-03-2014 12:55 PM)Vosur Wrote:  Why, exactly, are you still wasting your time with this person? Consider

Because if I give up then he wins, Vosur.

HE WINS.

... this is my signature!
[+] 5 users Like cjlr's post
28-03-2014, 01:53 PM
CJLR, Stevil, you have my utmost respect for your valiant efforts in the debates. I got through half of one thread before I gave up as I was developing a headache from form all the face palming.

Be strong, keep fighting the good fight.

Also here are a few coconuts for each of you, I trust you know what to do with them Tongue

The requirement of evidence to back your claim does not disappear because it hurts your feelings, reality does not care about your feefees.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Blackhand293's post
29-03-2014, 04:29 PM
Seriously, I say we nominate Stevil and cjlr for some sort of special commendation for dealing with this much unadulterated bullshit and keeping their cool.

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
[+] 4 users Like EvolutionKills's post
29-03-2014, 08:04 PM
They get the stamina award.
[+] 2 users Like Charis's post
29-03-2014, 08:11 PM
(28-03-2014 01:41 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(28-03-2014 12:55 PM)Vosur Wrote:  Why, exactly, are you still wasting your time with this person? Consider

Because if I give up then he wins, Vosur.

HE WINS.

Maybe in his mind but to us, my friend, you've won this debate when you walked into the room.

The guys is the pigeon on the chessboard meme, he's going to shit on the board, knock the pieces down and the fly away thinking he won.

Maybe a mod needs to close the debate by ruling that this was a war of wits but your oponent came unarmed.

I vote that you have won.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 3 users Like Full Circle's post