The JE Walker debates commentary thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-03-2014, 08:16 PM (This post was last modified: 29-03-2014 08:22 PM by Charis.)
RE: The JE Walker debates commentary thread
Jeremy didn't come unarmed with wits. He has plenty of wit, stamina and strategy. The thing is, this isn't what makes something CORRECT! His argument is all smoke and mirrors; it has no true substance whatsoever.

He's a bunch of cotton candy. Takes up a bunch of space in the forum, but it's all pretty fluff.

He's all... well... ARGUMENT.

He's like someone who makes a lot of NOISE in the bedroom and does some crazy acrobatics... while making no actual contact with me whatsoever. Yeah, it looks and sounds impressive. Now, can we actually DO something please???

He would win using technique and just exhausting the opponent. He's not going to win this because of his arguments having real teeth.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Charis's post
29-03-2014, 09:06 PM
(29-03-2014 08:16 PM)Charis Wrote:  Jeremy didn't come unarmed with wits. He has plenty of wit, stamina and strategy. The thing is, this isn't what makes something CORRECT! His argument is all smoke and mirrors; it has no true substance whatsoever.

He's a bunch of cotton candy. Takes up a bunch of space in the forum, but it's all pretty fluff.

He's all... well... ARGUMENT.

You say argument, I say facile bloviating.

(29-03-2014 08:16 PM)Charis Wrote:  He's like someone who makes a lot of NOISE in the bedroom and does some crazy acrobatics... while making no actual contact with me whatsoever. Yeah, it looks and sounds impressive. Now, can we actually DO something please???

That's certainly... a simile.

(29-03-2014 08:16 PM)Charis Wrote:  He would win using technique and just exhausting the opponent. He's not going to win this because of his arguments having real teeth.

Indeed. He doesn't understand the philosophical gaps in his reasoning - let alone anything to do with science. Routine copypasta is all well and good for grinding out a win by default, but there's no substance, and thus no ability to respond to anything.

Well, but that's theology for you. Any positive statement on some inadequately explored 'God' is no more than an ingrained shibboleth. They're all logically incoherent - it's shoring up subjective personal experience by way of mutual rote affirmations. And that's all it is. It's a one-way road, and the final destination is "God is ineffable". Thus making inapplicable all of the preceding stops along the way...

... this is my signature!
[+] 3 users Like cjlr's post
29-03-2014, 10:34 PM (This post was last modified: 29-03-2014 10:38 PM by Taqiyya Mockingbird.)
(29-03-2014 04:29 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Seriously, I say we nominate Stevil and cjlr for some sort of special commendation for dealing with this much unadulterated bullshit and keeping their cool.

I nominate them BOTH for a Hogwarts Special Award for Services to the School.

(We might have to sort of look away from the fact that Tom Riddle was awarded one in error, through treachery and duplicity and no real fault of the staff at the time...)

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
29-03-2014, 10:39 PM
(29-03-2014 08:04 PM)Charis Wrote:  They get the stamina award.

LOL leave it to Charis to point that out... Tongue

29-03-2014, 10:46 PM
(29-03-2014 08:11 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(28-03-2014 01:41 PM)cjlr Wrote:  Because if I give up then he wins, Vosur.

HE WINS.

Maybe in his mind but to us, my friend, you've won this debate when you walked into the room.

The guys is the pigeon on the chessboard meme, he's going to shit on the board, knock the pieces down and the fly away thinking he won.

Maybe a mod needs to close the debate by ruling that this was a war of wits but your oponent came unarmed.

I vote that you have won.

Seems to me that, in light of a sudden and unprecedented 32 hours of silence, perhaps he has fled. Without saying goodbye.

One can only hope....

[+] 2 users Like Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
30-03-2014, 03:49 PM
I can see nothing has changed with his argument style from his time on AF. Laugh out load

He's very smart, but all the arguments are circular. And all questions by atheists are met with questions as rebuttals.

At the end of a very long day, faith has nothing to do with logic, no matter how badly a theist tries to say it's about logic. Faith is not about evidence, for if that were true, we'd all be theists. Faith is about believing in something despite it having no evidence. Big Foot enthusiasts are no different nor are paranormal 'experts.'

Religious people fit into that same category.

The beauty of the heart, is the lasting beauty. - Rumi Heart
[+] 1 user Likes Deidre32's post
30-03-2014, 03:56 PM
(30-03-2014 03:49 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  I can see nothing has changed with his argument style from his time on AF. Laugh out load

He's very smart, but all the arguments are circular. And all questions by atheists are met with questions as rebuttals.

At the end of a very long day, faith has nothing to do with logic, no matter how badly a theist tries to say it's about logic. Faith is not about evidence, for if that were true, we'd all be theists. Faith is about believing in something despite it having no evidence. Big Foot enthusiasts are no different nor are paranormal 'experts.'

You have faith in logic, liar.

Truth seeker.
30-03-2014, 04:00 PM
(30-03-2014 03:56 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  You have faith in logic, liar.

"HAHA YOU THINK SOMETHING THEREFORE YOU HAVE FAITH IN THINKING TROLOLOLOLOL"

You, sirrah, are an idiot.

... this is my signature!
[+] 2 users Like cjlr's post
30-03-2014, 04:05 PM
(30-03-2014 03:56 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  
(30-03-2014 03:49 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  I can see nothing has changed with his argument style from his time on AF. Laugh out load

You have faith in logic, liar.

In this thread, we learn that you either haven't a clue as to what logic means or faith. Or both.

lol

The beauty of the heart, is the lasting beauty. - Rumi Heart
[+] 3 users Like Deidre32's post
30-03-2014, 06:10 PM
(30-03-2014 03:49 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  He's very smart...
Hmmm, I'm not sure how you have evaluated his degree of "smartness".
His ability to copy/paste?
His ability to plagerise?
His ability to willfully equivocate?

The argument that he plagirised wasn't that smart.
Stating a claim that "Everything that begins to exist has a cause" is either willfully dishonest, blissfully ignorant or intellectually compartmentalised.

Using the Causation Principle as proof is a claim that evidence doesn't require observation. This is probably an issue many theists have.

At least William Lane Craig employs an infinite regress argument in an attempt to address the fact that the big bang can't be used as evidence that the universe began to exist.

Dumping lots of anecdotal (quote mined) statements isn't an argument. It is a plea to authority and taken out of context it is dishonest.

It's been quite clear that Jeremy doesn't understand the KCA and is unable to address our challenges.
[+] 2 users Like Stevil's post