The JE Walker debates commentary thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-03-2014, 06:33 PM (This post was last modified: 30-03-2014 06:37 PM by rampant.a.i..)
RE: The JE Walker debates commentary thread
(25-03-2014 04:21 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(25-03-2014 04:07 PM)Stevil Wrote:  I often wonder if these people believe in KCA or if they are merely interested in showing off their "debating" skills. He quickly resorts to disingenuous techniques so I don't think he believes in his own argument.

Well - my assumption for fundies is this:

He presupposes the conclusions. He gives zero shits how he winds up there.

I always figure WLC fanatics have the same lack of qualms about deliberate deception for nonbelievers. As Craig admits in Reasonable Faith:

Quote:I think Martin Luther correctly distinguished between what he called the magisterial and ministerial uses of reason. The magisterial use of reason occurs when reason stands over and above the gospel like a magistrate and judges it on the basis of argument and evidence. The ministerial use of reason occurs when reason submits to and serves the gospel…. Should a conflict arise between the witness of the Holy Spirit to the fundamental truth of the Christian faith and beliefs based on argument and evidence, then it is the former which must take precedence over the latter, not vice versa (pp. 47-48 in 3rd edition, though wording is virtually unchanged from the 2nd edition - See more at: http://www.patheos.com/blogs/hallq/2012/...eXgu0.dpuf

So as mentioned, they have no problem with intellectual dishonesty if they can lie their way to "The Truth" faster.

“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
― Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like rampant.a.i.'s post
30-03-2014, 06:37 PM (This post was last modified: 30-03-2014 06:44 PM by Taqiyya Mockingbird.)
(30-03-2014 03:49 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  I can see nothing has changed with his argument style from his time on AF. Laugh out load

He's very smart, but all the arguments are circular. And all questions by atheists are met with questions as rebuttals.

At the end of a very long day, faith has nothing to do with logic, no matter how badly a theist tries to say it's about logic. Faith is not about evidence, for if that were true, we'd all be theists. Faith is about believing in something despite it having no evidence. Big Foot enthusiasts are no different nor are paranormal 'experts.'

Religious people fit into that same category.

I have to disagree with the "smart" bit. I don't think he has much smarts at all. I'd say he's about in the same league as D-Wreck, only with better spelling (mostly because it's all copypasta).

He plagiarizes his arguments from WLC and others. Some of the stuff he copypasta'd into his "arguments" were taken directly from the following page (which he was also stupid enough to link to in the first thread he posted to):

http://www.reasonablefaith.org/the-new-a...z2wjbVxuFX

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
[+] 3 users Like Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
30-03-2014, 06:43 PM
(30-03-2014 06:33 PM)rampant.a.i. Wrote:  
(25-03-2014 04:21 PM)cjlr Wrote:  Well - my assumption for fundies is this:

He presupposes the conclusions. He gives zero shits how he winds up there.

I always figure WLC fanatics have the same lack of qualms about deliberate deception for nonbelievers. As Craig admits in Reasonable Faith:

Quote:I think Martin Luther correctly distinguished between what he called the magisterial and ministerial uses of reason. The magisterial use of reason occurs when reason stands over and above the gospel like a magistrate and judges it on the basis of argument and evidence. The ministerial use of reason occurs when reason submits to and serves the gospel…. Should a conflict arise between the witness of the Holy Spirit to the fundamental truth of the Christian faith and beliefs based on argument and evidence, then it is the former which must take precedence over the latter, not vice versa (pp. 47-48 in 3rd edition, though wording is virtually unchanged from the 2nd edition - See more at: http://www.patheos.com/blogs/hallq/2012/...eXgu0.dpuf

So as mentioned, they have no problem with intellectual dishonesty if they can lie their way to "The Truth" faster.

In other words, "Taqiyya, taqiyya, taqiyya".

http://www.islam-watch.org/warner/taqiyy...-allah.htm

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
30-03-2014, 08:36 PM
Smarter than most theists I've chatted with, but then again...many of us were once theists. lol We were smart. Big Grin

The beauty of the heart, is the lasting beauty. - Rumi Heart