The JE Walker debates commentary thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-03-2014, 08:07 PM
RE: The JE Walker debates commentary thread
(23-03-2014 08:06 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(23-03-2014 08:02 PM)Crulax Wrote:  Don't break him cjlr I want to play with him after you're done!

I think it's stevil's turn next.

I can guarantee that our exchange will have taught him nothing, so you'll certainly be able to take your turn soon enough!

I won't be as nice as you!Evil_monster

Onward, my faithful steed!
[Image: ezgif-save_zps4d93a674.gif?t=1395781443]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Crulax's post
23-03-2014, 08:19 PM
HAHAHAHA now he's reduced to you believe that on faith.

Notwithstanding that the "faith-based" position he ascribes me is a strawman anyway.

Disingenuous fuck.

... this is my signature!
[+] 5 users Like cjlr's post
23-03-2014, 08:22 PM
"The question is meaningless ?"

It's hopeless. He just doesn't get it.
He thinks there's something "south" of the South Pole.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
23-03-2014, 08:41 PM
Did anyone remember to tell Jeremy the safe word? I ain't seen an ass whoopin this bad in years.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 8 users Like Revenant77x's post
23-03-2014, 09:12 PM
As the argument progresses, he reminds me of a Mormon who finally has to give up and just "bear his testimony" and testify of the "burning in the bosom." His basis is too shaky to stand on, his methods are at times outright dishonest, though I doubt this is his actual intent (I think he's just deluded), so he has to finally "bear his testimony" by saying "atheists are relying on faith and hoping to hear that the universe is eternal and are feeling as if they are dying while desperately clinging to a hopeless hope."
[+] 4 users Like Charis's post
23-03-2014, 09:19 PM
His entire argument seems to rest entirely on his tactics rather than on any true substance. Go through and read what he's been saying. The only reason he's been talking this long is because he's so busy using various tactics. If what he was saying had true merit, he could have just stated it, supported it and most here would have been colored dumbfounded by the sound logic of it all.

But no, he's been too busy playing Duck, Duck, Goose to present actual hard evidence for whatever the HELL it is he's actually trying to assert... can hardly get THAT out of him as he's so busy making sure the atheists are the only ones asserting anything so that he can send them on substantiation errands. Ahhh, the lovely methods in Greg Koukl's book "Tactics" that AiG followers were often referred to....
[+] 7 users Like Charis's post
23-03-2014, 09:30 PM
(23-03-2014 09:19 PM)Charis Wrote:  His entire argument seems to rest entirely on his tactics rather than on any true substance. Go through and read what he's been saying. The only reason he's been talking this long is because he's so busy using various tactics. If what he was saying had true merit, he could have just stated it, supported it and most here would have been colored dumbfounded by the sound logic of it all.

Indeed. I asked him to define his terms in my first response.

He settled for a "lol dictionary" and then started the runaround.

(23-03-2014 09:19 PM)Charis Wrote:  But no, he's been too busy playing Duck, Duck, Goose to present actual hard evidence for whatever the HELL it is he's actually trying to assert... can hardly get THAT out of him as he's so busy making sure the atheists are the only ones asserting anything so that he can send them on substantiation errands. Ahhh, the lovely methods in Greg Koukl's book "Tactics" that AiG followers were often referred to....

I think it's fairly illustrative. In my experience (and I know I'm not the first to think this) most apologetics - hell, most theology period - is a shell game with no prize.

Most of the "arguments" are just rote affirmations; it usually don't matter that one cannot explain them (if they are even possessed of any meaning) because the usual purpose is to say to another believer, who can smile and nod along...

[+] 3 users Like cjlr's post
23-03-2014, 09:30 PM
(23-03-2014 09:19 PM)Charis Wrote:  But no, he's been too busy playing Duck, Duck, Goose to present actual hard evidence for whatever the HELL it is he's actually trying to assert... can hardly get THAT out of him as he's so busy making sure the atheists are the only ones asserting anything so that he can send them on substantiation errands. Ahhh, the lovely methods in Greg Koukl's book "Tactics" that AiG followers were often referred to....
Ohhh, I really do like recent converts. You keep spilling the beans, tell us these dirty little secrets these guys have.

One would be amazed how us uncoordinated atheists can compete against the coordinated efforts of theists with thousands of years of strategy and theology behind them. But it seems that when you base your view on reality you don't really need to put much effort into it, you certainly don't need to coordinate or strengthen your world view with regular church visits, bible studies, bible camp, daily prayers and grace.

Speaking the truth is simple, maintaining belief takes effort.
[+] 3 users Like Stevil's post
23-03-2014, 09:34 PM
(23-03-2014 09:30 PM)Stevil Wrote:  Ohhh, I really do like recent converts. You keep spilling the beans, tell us these dirty little secrets these guys have.

One would be amazed how us uncoordinated atheists can compete against the coordinated efforts of theists with thousands of years of strategy and theology behind them. But it seems that when you base your view on reality you don't really need to put much effort into it, you certainly don't need to coordinate or strengthen your world view with regular church visits, bible studies, bible camp, daily prayers and grace.

Speaking the truth is simple, maintaining belief takes effort.

How's your J.E. Walker misadventure going, Stevil?

I didn't want to cross-contaminate so I haven't been reading it so far.

I can only assume the worst.
Wink

23-03-2014, 09:34 PM
(23-03-2014 09:30 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
Ohhh, I really do like recent converts. You keep spilling the beans, tell us these dirty little secrets these guys have.

Lol, anything ya wanna know? I hail from the hardcore fundy camp...
[+] 1 user Likes Charis's post