The JE Walker debates commentary thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-03-2014, 08:39 PM
RE: The JE Walker debates commentary thread
Just wanted to say great job cjlr. Your content and style is nothing short of beautiful while shredding one dense theist with surgical precision. Brilliant!

“Truth does not demand belief. Scientists do not join hands every Sunday, singing, yes, gravity is real! I will have faith! I will be strong! I believe in my heart that what goes up, up, up, must come down, down, down. Amen! If they did, we would think they were pretty insecure about it.”
— Dan Barker —
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like Timber1025's post
24-03-2014, 08:57 PM (This post was last modified: 24-03-2014 10:13 PM by Bucky Ball.)
Just to be clear. He utterly contradicted himself, and indeed did show he was a Liar for Jebus.

In the debate with Stevil :
"The law you speak of is a natural law which pertains to what takes place within an isolated system (the universe). It does not govern what takes place in the absence of that which is natural. That is why cosmologists who affirm big bang cosmology are not troubled by the first law. The law obtains for every moment in the universe since its inception, not of the inception of the universe itself. For there were no natural state of affairs prior to the big bang. They recognize it to be applicable only to what takes place within the universe where natural laws are applicable. So your inference is faulty. You essentially state that because energy can neither be created or destroyed (the natural law you reference) that therefore, there can be no cause of the universe. You conveniently left out the qualifier "isolated system", which tells you very clearly that this pertains only to what takes place within the universe, not the inception or cause of the universe."

Heh heh.

In cjlr's debate not only did he contradict this, but disingenuously acted as though he did not understand it.

Lovely. Jebus needs a liar to promote his cause.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 8 users Like Bucky Ball's post
24-03-2014, 08:59 PM
(24-03-2014 08:57 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Just to be clear. He utterly contradicted himself, and indeed did show he was a Liar for Jebus.

In the debate with Stevil :
"The law you speak of is a natural law which pertains to what takes place within an isolated system (the universe). It does not govern what takes place in the absence of that which is natural. That is why cosmologists who affirm big bang cosmology are not troubled by the first law. The law obtains for every moment in the universe since its inception, not of the inception of the universe itself. For there were no natural state of affairs prior to the big bang. They recognize it to be applicable only to what takes place within the universe where natural laws are applicable. So your inference is faulty. You essentially state that because energy can neither be created or destroyed (the natural law you reference) that therefore, there can be no cause of the universe. You conveniently left out the qualifier "isolated system", which tells you very clearly that this pertains only to what takes place within the universe, not the inception or cause of the universe."

Heh heh.

In cjlr's debate not only did he contradict this, but disingenuously acted as though he did not understand it.

Lovely. Jebus needs a liar to promote his cause.

Oh for fuck's sake.

Really?

Fucking really?

Next time in my thread I'll fucking quote that unsourced and see what he makes of it.

Disingenuous fuck.

... this is my signature!
[+] 6 users Like cjlr's post
24-03-2014, 09:57 PM (This post was last modified: 24-03-2014 10:01 PM by EvolutionKills.)
(24-03-2014 06:11 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(24-03-2014 05:37 PM)Stevil Wrote:  Yeah, but...
In all fairness, atheists are clicking like on your posts and theists are clicking like on his. This is an atheist forum after all.

However, you have gained many more likes than me, so I am more than happy to declare you the winner.
Well done!

Exciting additional data!

Since he decided to - *ahem* - debate us, my rep has gone up 4 and yours has gone up 2.

JE W's has gone down by 10.

Science!

If this sounds like I'm being incredibly petty, it's because I am. Because fuck that guy.

I thought he was going south and hit him with a -1 to drop him into the negatives to prevent him from trolling ratings, under the same contingent as Rev's that it would be rescinded if he proved himself.

Doesn't look like I'll be changing that any time soon... Drinking Beverage

:EDIT:

Fuck that, he's earned a -2.

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
25-03-2014, 09:32 AM
So...has Jezza left the building?

"The person who is certain, and who claims divine warrant for his certainty, belongs now to the infancy of our species." - Christopher Hitchens

"Remember kids, if you don't sin, then Jesus died for nothing. Have a great day!" - Ricky Gervais
25-03-2014, 01:15 PM
Likely, as soon as he figured out TTA wasn't going to let him WLC a debate.

“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
― Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
25-03-2014, 01:30 PM
He is back for more in the boxing ring! Please show him how he is talking out of both sides of his mouth (ass) in the two debates.

“Truth does not demand belief. Scientists do not join hands every Sunday, singing, yes, gravity is real! I will have faith! I will be strong! I believe in my heart that what goes up, up, up, must come down, down, down. Amen! If they did, we would think they were pretty insecure about it.”
— Dan Barker —
[+] 1 user Likes Timber1025's post
25-03-2014, 01:34 PM
(25-03-2014 09:32 AM)Eva Wrote:  So...has Jezza left the building?

Nope it's back and it claims this:

Quote: The premise

1. Everything that begins to exist has a cause for its existence.

Is not vague, it is not ambiguous, and it is not a trick question.

Everything means everything.

Begins to exist means begins to exist.

Cause means cause.

Existence means existence. These words are not technical terms, you do not have to have a degree to know what they mean. We use them quite regularly in ordinary conversation.

Saying that everything needs a cause except the universe without giving a reason that is not circular is not helping you.

To which I answer, "This 'Everything' includes any gawd, deity, agent, actor, entity, flying teapot, or anything else you might propose in any argument that builds upon this construct. Anything you may attempt to claim is an exception to this all-inclusive 'everything' henceforth shall be rejected out of hand as a disingenuous Special Pleading Fallacy, and you will, by implied consent, concede defeat of ALL of your arguments. Proceed."

Game. set, match.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
[+] 2 users Like Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
25-03-2014, 01:43 PM
He STILL doesn't get the part about causality?

“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
― Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
25-03-2014, 01:47 PM
(25-03-2014 01:43 PM)rampant.a.i. Wrote:  He STILL doesn't refuses to get the part about causality?

fixed that for ya.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
[+] 1 user Likes Taqiyya Mockingbird's post