The JWs just came to call....

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-03-2015, 10:57 AM
The JWs just came to call....
Still in jammies, hair unbrushed and full of dog fur from the brushings I just gave, I answered the doorbell to a lady who handed me a flier. I flipped it open and saw it was the JWs, politely handed it back and said 'no thank you'.

She thanked me for answering the door...now, that says something about how welcome they are.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Anjele's post
07-03-2015, 11:19 AM
RE: The JWs just came to call....
(07-03-2015 10:57 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Still in jammies, hair unbrushed and full of dog fur from the brushings I just gave, I answered the doorbell to a lady who handed me a flier. I flipped it open and saw it was the JWs, politely handed it back and said 'no thank you'.

She thanked me for answering the door...now, that says something about how welcome they are.

One time a JW came to the door, handed me a flier and I replied, "Thanks, I'll recycle it immediately." Then I kinda crumpled it up and shut the door. But I wasn't snarly or anything. Yes

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
07-03-2015, 11:21 AM
Someone pushing the lord's heart just came to my door this minute, too. I blew it; I was nice and just said, "We're atheists. Thanks for the invite, though." What is wrong with me?

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-03-2015, 11:21 AM
(07-03-2015 11:19 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(07-03-2015 10:57 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Still in jammies, hair unbrushed and full of dog fur from the brushings I just gave, I answered the doorbell to a lady who handed me a flier. I flipped it open and saw it was the JWs, politely handed it back and said 'no thank you'.

One time a JW came to the door, handed me a flier and I replied, "Thanks, I'll recycle it immediately." Then I kinda crumpled it up and shut the door. But I wasn't snarly or anything. Yes

I feel certain she is thankful I said no. I am in shorts so all my tattoos are blazing. Pretty sure I am not the type they really want to spend time with.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
07-03-2015, 12:20 PM
Get a peephole. Problem solved.

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
07-03-2015, 12:21 PM
No harm, no foul.

She was polite, I was polite.

07-03-2015, 12:26 PM
When you get to "The Ranting Gryphon" website click on the audio file "Religion"

http://www.ranting-gryphon.com/Audio/Audio.htm

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-03-2015, 02:43 PM

Getting visits from used afterlife salesmen is always such a drag.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
07-03-2015, 03:12 PM
Ah, I remember those wonderful days of going door to door....

Liberty loving, gun owning Atheist. Don't worry it confuses the right as well.