The Jazz, Jazz Fusion, Latin/Brasilian Jazz ONLY Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-03-2017, 06:00 AM
RE: The Jazz, Jazz Fusion, Latin/Brasilian Jazz ONLY Thread
(22-03-2017 04:43 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(22-03-2017 04:13 AM)Fred Hampton Wrote:  That all sounds very "un-Murican" as I have never heard of any of that. Then again, I don't pay much attention to Murica anymore.

White bread Massatukian here. All I need is the rider mower with the mounted 50 cal. Wink
I have no idea what this means. Is this "foreign" stuff?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-03-2017, 06:08 AM
(22-03-2017 06:00 AM)Fred Hampton Wrote:  
(22-03-2017 04:43 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  White bread Massatukian here. All I need is the rider mower with the mounted 50 cal. Wink
I have no idea what this means. Is this "foreign" stuff?

It's a local thing to call Massachusetts "Massatuky," I'm not even sure why. The rest is kind of satirical. Not a redneck but you couldn't tell that from my living arrangements. Laugh out load

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-03-2017, 06:11 AM
(22-03-2017 06:08 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(22-03-2017 06:00 AM)Fred Hampton Wrote:  I have no idea what this means. Is this "foreign" stuff?

It's a local thing to call Massachusetts "Massatuky," I'm not even sure why. The rest is kind of satirical. Not a redneck but you couldn't tell that from my living arrangements. Laugh out load
I know of this Land of Massachusetts, I used to live there. Get some sunscreen, RedNeck!
[+] 1 user Likes Fred Hampton's post
22-03-2017, 06:35 AM
(22-03-2017 06:11 AM)Fred Hampton Wrote:  
(22-03-2017 06:08 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  It's a local thing to call Massachusetts "Massatuky," I'm not even sure why. The rest is kind of satirical. Not a redneck but you couldn't tell that from my living arrangements. Laugh out load
I know of this Land of Massachusetts, I used to live there. Get some sunscreen, RedNeck!

Quote:Snow showers are developing along the arctic front this morning.

...and I gotta waddle my fat ass to the doc. Undecided

It's a good place. I liked Phoenix more but I had to exit the meth scene. Laugh out load

[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
22-03-2017, 06:44 AM
(22-03-2017 06:35 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(22-03-2017 06:11 AM)Fred Hampton Wrote:  I know of this Land of Massachusetts, I used to live there. Get some sunscreen, RedNeck!

Quote:Snow showers are developing along the arctic front this morning.

...and I gotta waddle my fat ass to the doc. Undecided

It's a good place. I liked Phoenix more but I had to exit the meth scene. Laugh out load
Meth is bad for ya, real bad. MA is a very beautiful state and it's where people go to "learn things", or so it is said. Alotta snooty rich peeps, though, and TrustFundafarians.

Btw, whats up with the Gweneth fetish yo're rockin' there? I think Cate Blanchett is a better actress.
22-03-2017, 06:50 AM
(22-03-2017 06:44 AM)Fred Hampton Wrote:  Btw, whats up with the Gweneth fetish yo're rockin' there?

2000 kicked off with a five year spree of drawing Gwyneth. I'd draw her and she'd make me smile and now I just bounce around like an idiot thinking about her. Yeah, she's a much better drug than meth.

My Gwynnies.

22-03-2017, 06:52 AM
(22-03-2017 06:50 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(22-03-2017 06:44 AM)Fred Hampton Wrote:  Btw, whats up with the Gweneth fetish yo're rockin' there?

2000 kicked off with a five year spree of drawing Gwyneth. I'd draw her and she'd make me smile and now I just bounce around like an idiot thinking about her. Yeah, she's a much better drug than meth.

My Gwynnies.
Huh, whatever works for yas. Wink Wow, yer a real bangin' artist there, boo. I likey.
22-03-2017, 06:57 AM
(22-03-2017 06:52 AM)Fred Hampton Wrote:  
(22-03-2017 06:50 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  2000 kicked off with a five year spree of drawing Gwyneth. I'd draw her and she'd make me smile and now I just bounce around like an idiot thinking about her. Yeah, she's a much better drug than meth.

My Gwynnies.
Huh, whatever works for yas. Wink So are you an artist?

Imma prophet. In more rational terms, I'm an online personality. Laugh out load

I remember listening to KYOT.

22-03-2017, 07:04 AM
(22-03-2017 06:57 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(22-03-2017 06:52 AM)Fred Hampton Wrote:  Huh, whatever works for yas. Wink So are you an artist?

Imma prophet. In more rational terms, I'm an online personality. Laugh out load

I remember listening to KYOT.
Prophet of Doom, I surmise, ha. I loves me some funky smooth jazz, yep. Vincent Ingala is a hot new young smooth jazz sax man up and comer out of Waterbury CT.[Image: Vincent-Ingala.jpg]

22-03-2017, 07:21 AM
(21-03-2017 06:46 PM)Fred Hampton Wrote:  
(21-03-2017 02:08 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  That doesn't mean it's not music. That just means you don't like it.
Well, alotta times its just rapid fire running of scales in various modes and, no isnt really music, IMO. Flurries of notes should used within an entire musically developed solo, fitting into, hopefully, the lyricism of it, intermixed with space and syncopation. Just ripping of notes doesnt mean anything to me and there are a ton of players that do that. Its fatiguing to the ear.

I agree that few players can play both fast and musically. DiMeola from the FNiSF album is very guilty of it on his electric albums and in parts of the trio's work. But Paco's presence makes it all worthwhile to me. There's a guy who can play fast and musically.

Getting away from the thrust of the thread, Joe Satriani and Eric Johnson are two more whose licks can be slowed down and still remain very tasty.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post