The Job Search Begins...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-01-2016, 10:54 AM
The Job Search Begins...
We just had a surprise meeting with the president of our company. Due to lagging sales for the past few years, we just aren't able to be profitable. So we are closing by the end of the month. The sales people were just let go, just now. I'm the purchaser, so I doubt my services will be needed until the end of the month.

I have been keeping an eye open to purchasing jobs anyway, because I felt this news might be coming, but I haven't searched in earnest yet. Guess that's what I'll do with my time for as long as they pay me to sit at a desk with a computer.

Even though I wasn't shocked this is happening, I'm shocked this is happening. Sadcryface

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-01-2016, 11:06 AM
RE: The Job Search Begins...
Hug Good luck with your job search. I know finding a new job is always a pain in the ass, but I am sure you will find something that is a good fit for you soon.
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
07-01-2016, 11:10 AM
Sorry to hear that. Best wishes.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 1 user Likes The Organic Chemist's post
07-01-2016, 11:15 AM
I hope you find a new job soon.
[+] 1 user Likes julep's post
07-01-2016, 11:17 AM
Good hunting mate. I'm sure something will pop up soon.

*Hug*
[+] 1 user Likes Nishi Karano Kaze's post
07-01-2016, 11:27 AM
I find that things generally work out in the end. Good luck with the search for a new job.

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
[+] 1 user Likes Marozz's post
07-01-2016, 11:35 AM
(07-01-2016 10:54 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  We just had a surprise meeting with the president of our company. Due to lagging sales for the past few years, we just aren't able to be profitable. So we are closing by the end of the month. The sales people were just let go, just now. I'm the purchaser, so I doubt my services will be needed until the end of the month.

I have been keeping an eye open to purchasing jobs anyway, because I felt this news might be coming, but I haven't searched in earnest yet. Guess that's what I'll do with my time for as long as they pay me to sit at a desk with a computer.

Even though I wasn't shocked this is happening, I'm shocked this is happening. Sadcryface

I'm sorry you're having to deal with this. It's very stressful not having employment. There are lots of online resources so I hope you won't be jobless or at least not for long.

Hug

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 1 user Likes Heatheness's post
07-01-2016, 11:36 AM
You're completely fucked. Give up hope now.

Or......use this as an excuse to take a vacation to Vancouver island!

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 10 users Like Stark Raving's post
07-01-2016, 11:56 AM
I feel you man. I have been looking for a job for a while. Closest I got to getting one, someone got it before me.

頑張って

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
07-01-2016, 12:00 PM
(07-01-2016 11:36 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  You're completely fucked. Give up hope now.
Or......use this as an excuse to take a vacation to Vancouver island!

You're a brave man. I'd be shit scared he'd move in and smoke all my weed.
[+] 7 users Like Nishi Karano Kaze's post