The Job Search Begins...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-01-2016, 12:01 PM
RE: The Job Search Begins...
(07-01-2016 12:00 PM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  
(07-01-2016 11:36 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  You're completely fucked. Give up hope now.
Or......use this as an excuse to take a vacation to Vancouver island!

You're a brave man. I'd be shit scared he'd move in and smoke all my weed.
Oh wait, I don't smoke weed so he'd be disappointed.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Nishi Karano Kaze's post
07-01-2016, 12:09 PM
(07-01-2016 10:54 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  ...
Even though I wasn't shocked this is happening, I'm shocked this is happening. Sadcryface

With that, I can empathise. It's the knowing it's going to happen against the hope that it won't.

We've just done a major re-shaping to keep things viable... and suddenly this week we're crazily busy so we probably should have just hung in there.

Are you looking for a similar role or is this a chance for fresh beginning (like being a farmer on Vancouver Island)?

Consider

[+] 4 users Like DLJ's post
07-01-2016, 12:14 PM
Been there a lot. Glad it's over. Hope you find new employment soon. While you're looking, don't forget the temp agencies.

God, I love retirement.
[+] 3 users Like jabeady's post
07-01-2016, 12:16 PM
Thanks, all. It's great having an online community to vent to.
It will be well...it's just the meantime that sucks!

They've mentioned severance packages. I've been here almost 8 years, so fingers crossed there is enough to take a little vacation to Stark's Isle of Weed!

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 6 users Like Erxomai's post
07-01-2016, 12:25 PM
(07-01-2016 12:00 PM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  
(07-01-2016 11:36 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  You're completely fucked. Give up hope now.
Or......use this as an excuse to take a vacation to Vancouver island!

You're a brave man. I'd be shit scared he'd move in and smoke all my weed.

Bah. Erx couldn't even put a dent in my stash. Though I'm sure we'd have a blast trying.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 4 users Like Stark Raving's post
07-01-2016, 12:27 PM
(07-01-2016 12:25 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  
(07-01-2016 12:00 PM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  You're a brave man. I'd be shit scared he'd move in and smoke all my weed.

Bah. Erx couldn't even put a dent in my stash. Though I'm sure we'd have a blast trying.
(O_O)
[+] 2 users Like Nishi Karano Kaze's post
07-01-2016, 12:48 PM
Try http://www.usajobs.gov

If there is one thing the US government is going to be doing for the foreseeable future it is buying stuff.

Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.

[Image: anigrey.gif]
[+] 5 users Like Popeye's Pappy's post
07-01-2016, 01:28 PM
My advise with hindsight Erx bro is whilst your severance package could potentially be quite generous, fucking hoard that shit till you get another job. Pay off some debt and maybe get ahead with rent and other bills.

I think my views on the worldwide economy are well known, I am a pessimist and think this shit is coming down. So please seriously plan whatever money you have to last.

Get your CV polished up so you sound like the dogs bollocks and get applying and I wish you all the luck.

I feel so much, and yet I feel nothing.
I am a rock, I am the sky, the birds and the trees and everything beyond.
I am the wind, in the fields in which I roar. I am the water, in which I drown.
[+] 5 users Like bemore's post
07-01-2016, 01:39 PM
(07-01-2016 01:28 PM)bemore Wrote:  My advise with hindsight Erx bro is whilst your severance package could potentially be quite generous, fucking hoard that shit till you get another job. Pay off some debt and maybe get ahead with rent and other bills.

I think my views on the worldwide economy are well known, I am a pessimist and think this shit is coming down. So please seriously plan whatever money you have to last.

Get your CV polished up so you sound like the dogs bollocks and get applying and I wish you all the luck.

I agree with this message. Save it! You never know what might happen and it's much easier to have more than it is to regret not having any.

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 2 users Like Heatheness's post
07-01-2016, 01:44 PM
(07-01-2016 01:39 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  
(07-01-2016 01:28 PM)bemore Wrote:  My advise with hindsight Erx bro is whilst your severance package could potentially be quite generous, fucking hoard that shit till you get another job. Pay off some debt and maybe get ahead with rent and other bills.

I agree with this message. Save it! You never know what might happen and it's much easier to have more than it is to regret not having any.

Good advice from you both. I definitely will be as frugal as possible. I'm already living at the margin of my income, so if I have an indefinite period of unemployment, I'm going to need whatever resources I can grab.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 3 users Like Erxomai's post