The Job Search Begins...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-01-2016, 04:05 PM
RE: The Job Search Begins...
(31-01-2016 02:43 PM)izel Wrote:  I'll hire you Erx. Any experience dealing with drunk Russians?

Only drunk Albanians. Is that close enough? Laugh out load

Thanks to everyone and your support. It feels good knowing people are rooting for me. It's been three weeks and lots of ups and downs...mostly downs...but I do have an interview for a buyer job at a cruise line tomorrow. After the phone interview, I feel pretty good about my chances. If I get it, hopefully I'll get great travel discounts and I can visit various TTA ports o' call!

My mom thinks if she prays for me, finding a job will restore my faith in god. I doubt that, but it might restore my faith in myself and my own abilities to make a good impression on an employer!

Thankfully, my brother has a couple of sports coats that fit me, so I will have the appropriate interview attire, having been out of the corporate world for over 8 years.

Wish me luck (not that I think it exists), and hopefully anchors aweigh!

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like Erxomai's post
31-01-2016, 04:07 PM
I wish you success! That's better than luck. Wink

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 6 users Like Heatheness's post
31-01-2016, 04:10 PM
(31-01-2016 04:07 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  I wish you success! That's better than luck. Wink

I like it! Thumbsup

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
31-01-2016, 04:21 PM
(31-01-2016 04:05 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(31-01-2016 02:43 PM)izel Wrote:  I'll hire you Erx. Any experience dealing with drunk Russians?

Thanks to everyone and your support. It feels good knowing people are rooting for me. It's been three weeks and lots of ups and downs...mostly downs...but I do have an interview for a buyer job at a cruise line tomorrow. After the phone interview, I feel pretty good about my chances. If I get it, hopefully I'll get great travel discounts and I can visit various TTA ports o' call!

My mom thinks if she prays for me, finding a job will restore my faith in god. I doubt that, but it might restore my faith in myself and my own abilities to make a good impression on an employer!

Thankfully, my brother has a couple of sports coats that fit me, so I will have the appropriate interview attire, having been out of the corporate world for over 8 years.

Hope for clear skies and following seas, matey. Arrrrh.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
31-01-2016, 06:40 PM

Oh no not the Albanians Laugh out load tell them chifsha nonen Laugh out load.
On a serious note, cruise line job sounds great. Up me on top of that visiting TTA members list Smile. Best wishes Heart

1 Like = 1 Prayer
[+] 1 user Likes izel's post
31-01-2016, 09:53 PM

A buyer for some Naval entity? Consider

Let me know how much y'all charge for 6-pounder Hotchkiss's, 57mm balls, and powder, please! [Image: napoleon.gif]

Tongue

06-02-2016, 09:08 PM
I gave up on that "career" shit a long time ago...

As a wise Jedi once said... "There are alternatives to working."

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
07-02-2016, 01:12 AM
(06-02-2016 09:08 PM)Sam Wrote:  As a wise Jedi once said... "There are alternatives to working."

And then 99% of them died because they were not wise enough to see the evil right in front of their faces lol

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
07-02-2016, 08:22 AM
There are certainly alternatives to having a job, but I don't know anyone that doesn't work so that they can live.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 2 users Like Stark Raving's post
07-02-2016, 09:56 AM
(31-01-2016 04:07 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  I wish you success! That's better than luck. Wink

This Thumbsup

I wish you nothing but the best, Erxy and hope you get the job!

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post