The Job Search Begins...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-03-2016, 11:23 AM
RE: The Job Search Begins...
I give up.

I'm not going to keep looking for a job anymore. It's been 10 weeks of frustration, disappointment and anxiety about money and the future. I'm sure stronger folks could keep going on, but I've never been that strong.

I appreciate the well-wishes from earlier, but I just don't have it in me to keep looking anymore, and without an income to pay rent, and no desire to live on the streets, I've come to the end of the line.

So I give up.

Therefore, on Monday, I'm going to start my new job.

I'll be making 22% more than my last job paid me without a raise in 3 years. The new job will probably be giving me a raise in 3 months. The bulk of the job will be what I did before: procurement...but, they do not currently have a central buyer so I will be helping them change the format of their business model, eventually becoming the comptroller for all pricing and inventory. My commute will be a few miles further, but I'll be going opposite of traffic so it might actually take me less time. It's going to be in a downtown area where most of the flunkies have to pay $100 a month for parking, but I get my own spot amongst the managers and owners. I think the job will have a nice combination of familiarity and challenge to grow into new areas. One of my co-workers on-site is someone I worked with at my last job, and another co-worker who supervises customer service in a satellite office is also a great friend from my last job.

So no more job searching for me. I give up. Drinking Beverage

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 11 users Like Erxomai's post
18-03-2016, 11:29 AM
Congrats! Thumbsup

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
18-03-2016, 12:15 PM
Yay!!!! Hug

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 1 user Likes Heatheness's post
18-03-2016, 12:29 PM
Awesome!
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
18-03-2016, 12:35 PM
(18-03-2016 11:23 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  I give up.

I'm not going to keep looking for a job anymore. It's been 10 weeks of frustration, disappointment and anxiety about money and the future. I'm sure stronger folks could keep going on, but I've never been that strong.

I appreciate the well-wishes from earlier, but I just don't have it in me to keep looking anymore, and without an income to pay rent, and no desire to live on the streets, I've come to the end of the line.

So I give up.

I'll be making 22% more than my last job paid me without a raise in 3 years. The new job will probably be giving me a raise in 3 months. The bulk of the job will be what I did before: procurement...but, they do not currently have a central buyer so I will be helping them change the format of their business model, eventually becoming the comptroller for all pricing and inventory. My commute will be a few miles further, but I'll be going opposite of traffic so it might actually take me less time. It's going to be in a downtown area where most of the flunkies have to pay $100 a month for parking, but I get my own spot amongst the managers and owners. I think the job will have a nice combination of familiarity and challenge to grow into new areas. One of my co-workers on-site is someone I worked with at my last job, and another co-worker who supervises customer service in a satellite office is also a great friend from my last job.

Grats.
Well done sir. Well done. I happy for you. =^_^=
[+] 1 user Likes Nishi Karano Kaze's post
18-03-2016, 01:02 PM
(18-03-2016 11:23 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  ...

So I give up.

Tease! Shocking

Well played, sir. Well played.

Thumbsup

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
18-03-2016, 01:23 PM

So I give up.

I hope you thanked God for her help in finding the new job!
[+] 1 user Likes DerFish's post
19-03-2016, 05:18 AM
(18-03-2016 01:23 PM)DerFish Wrote:  

So I give up.

I hope you thanked God for her help in finding the new job!

Trust me, my mom covered that for me.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel