The KKK

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-02-2015, 09:28 PM
RE: The KKK
I have a question about the KKK - Are they a solo group or are they connected to the Aryan Brotherhood, the Hammerskins and other white supremacist groups? (I'm not American). Are they white supremacist or just white nationalist (those who simply want to kick out non-whites but without harm)?

"A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything" - Friedrich Nietzsche
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-02-2015, 09:36 PM
(16-02-2015 08:27 PM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  Why am I not suprised that stories like these always come out of the Southern nit of the US?

Dodgy Not just southern states have the Klan.
Active KKK chapters

Nobody gives a rats ass about them in my area - they really are irrelevant - estimated only 5 to 8,000 members nationally. When the klan held relevancy, it had members with money and political power. Ain't so these days - they're backwoods and uneducated.

Last time I personally saw them march was 1996 on my way to baton practice - mom forgot they were rallying and drove past the courthouse. Last time I heard of them doing anything in my town was around 2003ish - they were protesting illegal immigration. The news said the turnout to protest the klan was huge. I wasn't there - didn't really care - they weren't from my town anyway.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
16-02-2015, 09:38 PM
(16-02-2015 09:28 PM)Blackout Wrote:  I have a question about the KKK - Are they a solo group or are they connected to the Aryan Brotherhood, the Hammerskins and other white supremacist groups? (I'm not American). Are they white supremacist or just white nationalist (those who simply want to kick out non-whites but without harm)?

AB, & Hammer, I would think are more anti-nonwhite than they are religiously driven, but I could be wrong. The KKK are anti-non-protestant, too, sometimes. Even if the Catholic person is white, they're still "bad".

Or at least that's what I've heard.

16-02-2015, 09:42 PM
(16-02-2015 09:28 PM)Blackout Wrote:  I have a question about the KKK - Are they a solo group or are they connected to the Aryan Brotherhood, the Hammerskins and other white supremacist groups? (I'm not American). Are they white supremacist or just white nationalist (those who simply want to kick out non-whites but without harm)?

They aren't connected to other groups. They call themselves a Christian organization. They are a white supremacist hate group. Their history is full of violent murders - for example, the Birmingham church bombing that killed 4 black girls during the civil rights movement.

These days they are pretty quiet. The less attention they get, the better. Attention means opportunity for recruitment.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 2 users Like Nurse's post
16-02-2015, 09:56 PM

The KKK's more like a political group, not a gang.

[Image: oscar.png]
16-02-2015, 11:08 PM
(16-02-2015 09:56 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  

The KKK's more like a political group, not a gang.

Not since the 20's, they are much closer to a gang that a political party these days. For Blackouts question yes all of those ultra right wing hate groups are tied together. Most members of one group have ties or are members themselves of the others. They tend to be very territorial however so a Klan group will not operate in an Aryan Brotherhood area and vis versa for recruiting. With only 8,000 member nationwide (and that is the largest estimate) they are a political non-factor really only of threat on a personal scale, like any gang.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
16-02-2015, 11:30 PM
"... A hundred years ago they used to put on a white sheet and use a bloodhound against Negroes. Today they have taken off the white sheet and put on police uniforms and traded in the bloodhounds for police dogs, and they’re still doing the same thing."
-- Brother Malcolm
17-02-2015, 12:08 AM
(16-02-2015 11:30 PM)Anti Wrote:  "... A hundred years ago they used to put on a white sheet and use a bloodhound against Negroes. Today they have taken off the white sheet and put on police uniforms and traded in the bloodhounds for police dogs, and they’re still doing the same thing."
-- Brother Malcolm

Ummmm....the KKK was relevant at the time of that quote...

Not to mention overt racism was rampant, whether you were a klan member or not. Malcolm X's family got ran out of Omaha by the KKK, only to watch his house in Michigan burn to the ground while emergency responders did nothing. But we're talking about eighty five years ago.

Edited to add:
Is America perfect with everyone holding hands, singing Kumbaya? No. But this is a MUCH different world. People aren't getting tarred and feathered for daring to move into a white neighborhood.

[+] 3 users Like Nurse's post
17-02-2015, 04:42 AM
(17-02-2015 12:08 AM)Nurse Wrote:  
(16-02-2015 11:30 PM)Anti Wrote:  "... A hundred years ago they used to put on a white sheet and use a bloodhound against Negroes. Today they have taken off the white sheet and put on police uniforms and traded in the bloodhounds for police dogs, and they’re still doing the same thing."
-- Brother Malcolm

Ummmm....the KKK was relevant at the time of that quote...

Not to mention overt racism was rampant, whether you were a klan member or not. Malcolm X's family got ran out of Omaha by the KKK, only to watch his house in Michigan burn to the ground while emergency responders did nothing. But we're talking about eighty five years ago.

Edited to add:
Is America perfect with everyone holding hands, singing Kumbaya? No. But this is a MUCH different world. People aren't getting tarred and feathered for daring to move into a white neighborhood.

Are the feathers so you can tell where the tar is and what spots are untarred?

[Image: oscar.png]
17-02-2015, 07:18 AM
You don't really hear any stories of KKK actually DOING anything anymore. Which is great, and should be the case. I'd rather of course it all stopped and these silly chapters all around were up. But I don't think it's the worst groups we could have.

I'm glad they're angry about the ruling to show everyone that ought to see how dumb of a group they are.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson