The Kerbal Space Program

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-08-2013, 11:33 AM
The Kerbal Space Program
Hey guys and gals,

There is a game, it's actually a few years old already. It's called the Kerbal Space Program.

The game is a simulator. You use different parts to build different vehicles to fly around the planet. Later you can also build rockets and spacestations and put them into orbit.

All this is programmed with fairly accurate and realistic physics.

And the worst part?
The guy making most of these videos for youtube calls himself HoC-gaming...

The game has made space-travel understandable to a completely new audience and is even being used by NASA. (Source: wiki)

Aspiring optimist
Eternal Pragmatist.
With the uncanny ability to see all sides in every argument.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Caveman's post
16-08-2013, 11:43 AM
RE: The Kerbal Space Program
Didn't we have a thread about this? or was it in the other forum?

Anyway... I hate it! it's terribly complicated and I don't have the patience I used to have for this kind of games anymore Tongue

But it's awesome, and I'll probably get again some time Big Grin

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
16-08-2013, 11:46 AM
(16-08-2013 11:43 AM)nach_in Wrote:  Didn't we have a thread about this? or was it in the other forum?

Anyway... I hate it! it's terribly complicated and I don't have the patience I used to have for this kind of games anymore Tongue

But it's awesome, and I'll probably get again some time Big Grin

It's not incredibly complex, you just need to take it a step at a time. Thankfully, I know how you can do that with a little help Smile

http://www.youtube.com/user/szyzyg/videos
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgPr4q5tj...k6mBYXWPAL

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
16-08-2013, 12:55 PM
Or just install an autopilot mod. You don't even have to use it much, but even Vostok and Mercury had more assists than vanilla KSP...

... this is my signature!
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post
16-08-2013, 01:28 PM
It is complex, it requires a lot of concentration. That doesn't mean is bad, CoD is complex and it's at least really popular. I just don't have the patience or the time for that kind of game right now, but it is awesome... and that's why I hate it, I want easy and quick awesomeness... Tongue

[Image: sigvacachica.png]