The King

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-04-2013, 07:33 AM
The King
First I want to make it clear that I'm not a writer. I don't expect this to be seen as profound but year or so ago I wrote this when I was frustrated while listening to Christians and I though that I might as well share it. I apologize for any grammatical errors and such as this was originally written in my notebook program. Thanks.

There once was a mighty King who alone ruled many nations around him. Now this king was known for ruling his kingdoms from a center tower which was built at the center of a magnificent wall that rose higher than any that had ever been known before. This wall was lavishly decorated, so that one who saw this wall would be blinded by the gold silver that wound its way around.
This should not deceive you though. For while this wall was beautiful, it was also very strong. So thick was this wall that five chariots could race wheel to wheel and not feel pressured ( change word ) in space. I say this so that you might understand that this King was indeed the greatest king known throughout the land.

As said, this king ruled many people. He did so by proclaiming his law that all under his rule should follow. No one but the high generals ever saw or spoke to the king, and only stories existed of people of lower class meeting him and returning. The people of these Kingdoms worked hard. They toiled in the soil to produce the food needed to survive the winter. If a
plague struck, they only had each other to survive. Many times villagers would die because they lacked food to eat. When disease spread then many more would die. For they had no means of cure, or those diseases that could be cured would be to great, the medicine to little, for all to be well again. All this time, the King didn't help. There was no guards that would come out of the gates to battle raiders and no doctors to heal the sick. Though old stories were told of how the King had sent out his guards to kill these raiders in past and how he would do so again in future times.For now though
the people only had each other.

The King however was thought of as a Great King.A Magnificent King. They always told the story of how the King had sent his only son down from the tower and into the fields of peasants. The son lived among the peasants, dealing with all the problems that the peasants contended with. He dealt with the raids, with the starvation, and with the disease for one full year. Upon which he returned back to his tower. For this people loved their King and were joyful to him. "Who else but a kind King would send his son to suffer in our would" they said. They diligently obeyed the laws that the King put forth,accepted him as King and heeded all advice given to them. They were further convinced by a promise given by the King when he had first formed his Kingdom.

"ALL WHO OBEY MY LAWS AND PROCLAIM ME AS THE KING WILL BE REWARDED. THEY WILL, AT THE MID POINT OF THEIR LIFE WHEN THEY ARE NO LONGER ABLE TO WORK THE FIELDS, BE ALLOWED INTO MY INNER KINGDOM. THEY WILL BE ALLOWED TO PASS THROUGH MY MIGHTY GATES AND ENTER INTO MY GARDEN. FOR THE REST OF THE DAYS OF THEIR LIVES THEY WILL BE PAMPERED AND WILL NO LONGER HAVE THE NEED FOR WORK, FOR THEY WILL BE PROVIDED EVERYTHING THAT THEIR HEARTS DESIRE. THEY WILL FEEL NOTHING BUT JOY AS SADNESS WILL PLAY NO MORE PART IN THEIR LIVES . ONCE THEY ENTER, ALL WILL BE WELL. PEACE WILL REIGN. THIS IS THE REWARD FOR THOSE WHO OBEY MY LAWS"

The people took heart in this proclamation, They desired the day when they would be able to pass through the gates to the garden on the other side. The king had another proclamation though. One that the people also too to heart.

"THOSE HOWEVER WHO FAIL TO OBEY MY LAWS AND DO NOT ACCEPT ME AS THEIR KING WILL NOT RECEIVE MY REWARD. THEY WILL PASS THROUGH THE GATES OF MY MIGHTY WALL AND THERE THEY WILL BE JUDGED. IF THEY FAILED TO OBEY MY LAWS AND BELIEVE IN ME THEY WILL BE TAKEN TO MY BROTHERS DUNGEON. THERE THEY WILL FOR THE REST OF THEIR LIVES BE TORTURED. THEY WILL NO LONGER KNOW DAY FROM NIGHT FOR THEY WILL BE HIDDEN FROM THE BRIGHT WARMTH OF THE SUN.THEY WILL NO LONGER KNOW HOW IT FELT TO BE FULL FOR STARVATION WILL BE ALL THAT IS GIVEN TO THEM. THEY WILL THIRST FOR WATER BUT IT WILL RARELY COME. PAIN WILL BE ALL THAT THEY FEEL FOR THEY WILL BE TORTURED SO OFTEN THAT THEY WILL FORGET THE DAYS OF WHAT
IT FELT LIKE TO NOT HAVE A NINE TAILS AT THEIR BACK. THEY WILL NO LONGER KNOW WHAT SILENCE IS BECAUSE THEY WILL HEAR THE NEVER ENDING SOUND OF SCREAMS. THEY WILL LICK THE TEARS FROM THEIR FACE AND THE FACE OF OTHERS, CRAVING FOR ANY WATER THAT THEY MIGHT GAIN. VIOLENCE WILL REIGN, AS ALL WILL BE FORCED TO FIGHT FOR WHATEVER FOOD AND WATER IS BROUGHT DOWN. ONLY THOSE WHO WIN WILL BE GIVEN WHAT LITTLE THERE IS TO GIVE. NO PEACE WILL EXIST IN THIS BARREN TOMB. THIS IS THE PUNISHMENT FOR THOSE WHO REFUSE TO OBEY MY LAWS.

The people were told that they should fear the King and obey his laws. This they did with a never ending enthusiasm. Except from stories long in the past, no one who entered the inner walls ever returned. They only knew it was there from this proclamation from the King. They never saw the king nor his generals. Rather, the leaders outside were the ones who spoke to the generals,and those generals spoke to the high generals.It was only the High Generals who spoke to the king. Still, the people were sure
that this King ruled from the center. They were sure that he would reward them for obeying his laws.

There was cruelness in this land though. For what the people didn't know was that all who entered the inner walls never entered into the garden. There was a garden to be sure, and a King who lived in the tower. This King didn't want these peasants in his garden. He wanted it all for himself and his High Generals who were his closest friends. He didn't even care to provide any food
water to those sent to the dungeon. "Why waste food and water on these peasants, who are too old to work the fields for me. They have no more use for me" he thought.So those sent to the dungeon starved. If they lived for more than a week they were killed. The bodies left to rot. So that the next group that came could see the doom that they faced. As for the son, the clever King senthis lesser of his two sons, with the secret promise that if he would go down to the people the upon his return He would become the next King instead of his brother. Upon doing so the People would be more committed to him as King.Believing that only a truly caring King would send his son.
He lied of course, so that when his son returned he was tossed in the prison with the others. Only to die soon after.

When a man asked why he was being taken to the dungeon when he had been good,believed, and obeyed the laws of the King. The response was alwasy the same. "How dare you question the authority of the King, who has built a Kingdom more mighty than any that have existed before.
So the man remained in silence, faithful to his king. Thinking that it was by his own faults that he was sent here for punishments.

" I must have not obeyed the laws of my Lord diligently enough. I have failed to please my King and thus it is justified for him to give me this punishment"

So it remained for many years. Peasants would enter the inner walls doomed for there fate and unwilling to see the horror that would befall them. This was how it remained in this Kingdom for years to come.

As the time passed however some, a small few, began to wonder. They heard the tails of the people of this King who ruled the land.Yet they were not satisfied with the answers given. Why did this King, if he was so mighty, not help the people with his army when the barbarians came. Why did he not give food when droughts swept the land, or medicine when plagues infected the people.Why was this loving King so absent in everyone's lives? Indeed, the only thing that the King seemed to do was take peoples food. Slowly, they thought about this king and as they thought the days turned into months and the months to years. More started to at least think about this. Some rejected this King outright. While others stopped putting so much of there lifes dedicated to him. The King however started to take notice. He became angry that the people had largely stopped worshiping his might. So he gave orders to his generals to send the troops to garnish the peoples food and use it for himself.

What the King failed to see was that many who had turned from him also turned from his teachings. They looked instead to the world around them to see how it worked. So when the day came, when the army marched to take what wasn't theirs. They were not ready for the response. The people had learned how the trees moved in the wind. As such the Great Kings army was dumb struck as the people fought through the trees. The massive army could do nothing except retreat. The Army though didn't give up so easily.
They used fire to burn the forest. The learned people of course, through the pursuit of knowledge, knew what fire was, so they put it out before it could cause harm. Then the army. Again dumb struck at their failure. Used plagues upon the forest. Again the people, Knowing plagues and knowing the forest. Set out to cure the plagues by their knowledge. Losing patience,
The King told his army to guard the edge of the forest so that any who came out would be killed. This too was of no matter to these learned people. For they knew the forest and so grew even better food and held even fresher water than they had while under the Kings rule. Slowly, as the years passed. While the people in the forest prospered. The King withered. He no longer had the power over these people. Nor, in his arrogance, did he grow food for his army and general. His garden withered and his walls crumbled. The King was of very old age, and was poor. His generals were either dead or gone. Abandoning their old king of no power. In His final days the King starved for food and pleaded to the ground for water but neither came. For the King in his ways had not learned the ways of Nature. He died in the same death that he had promised to those who disobeyed him. Abandoned, starving
thirsty, and broken.

The People though, now learned in the ways of Nature, became prosperous. Moving beyond the forest and beyond the kings land. Seeing the entirety of their world they learned that they were not alive because of the kings kindness but rather because of their own minds. That through curiosity, pursuit of knowledge, and a never ending drive for more did they live. So they made a new decree of their own.

"No man should demand respect by birthright or might but rather should earn it by what he does for others. That all should never cease to question all. No one was above question. No one could claim that their word was law. That the pursuit of truth never be cut off by the silence of a mind. That working together should always be of greater importance than working apart.
That all people were one people. These are all that we hold with honesty and truth. All men are equal, not by law of the king but by truth of the land. For only by equality can we together have true peace."

This was done, so that all men, all women and all children lived in prosperity for the rest of their days.

Just an outsider looking inn.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-04-2013, 08:01 AM (This post was last modified: 01-04-2013 08:06 AM by HU.Junyuan.)
RE: The King
Men and women are different individually. All men and women are equal.

We humans have had so many painful experiences all the way along. A man named Jesus had reflections, did things and said things, in order to ease his own and other people's pain.

Two thousand years have passed. We should be better than him in many aspects, shouldn't we?

Interestingly, the Chinese version of the song Internationale has the following verses.

There never was any Messiah,
and we should depend on no emperor nor no fairy neither.
To achieve the happiness for us humankind,
we can only count on ourselves.

Want something? Then do something.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply