The Koran Project

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
30-03-2012, 11:19 PM
The Koran Project
Ive read a lot of posts here going after what the Bible says and Christian beliefs. While I agree the Bible is an awful little document, I'm beginning to tire of this 1) because it's been re-hashed so many times now and 2) it's hardly sporting to take a swipe at someone who won't hit back. No, I have my sights on bigger game these days - Islam.

Now Islam, like Christianity and Judaism is an Abrahamic faith, has plenty of fundamentalists in the flock, and continues to keep millions worldwide shackled in darkness and ignorance. But all things being equal, their batshit is worse than our batshit. They will kill and maim to MAKE you believe. And when I say this, I don't want to hear any pussy posts about 'Well Jesus said to bring non-believers to him and kill them in front of him' or 'Christians killed and tortured millions of people over the past 2000 years'. That's yesterday's news. The big difference here is that militant Muslims will read their holy books and really carry out Allah's threats in large numbers TODAY. As such, Islam is, by far, more dangerous than any other fundamentalist threat and deserves the most attention by our community to debunk it, to neutralize its aggressiveness, and to start opening up Muslim minds to the light of reason. I applaud guys like Thunderf00t who have begun the attack on Islam and I have to scold other Atheists who defend and support this religion out of cowardice while chastising kind but ignorant Christians. Stop picking on the silly Pentecostal who thinks Adam and Eve rode dinosaurs in the Garden of Eden and go after the guys who really do use violence and terror to keep people shackled to such bronze age myths. They are the real peril to freedom and reason.

As such, I'm launching the Koran project. All you atheists, agnostics, skeptics, rationalists and other hell bound heathens, get out those Korans and start reading them! If we are to confront Islam the best defense is a good offense of knowledge. Start reading and debunking the book. I'll admit the first 3 chapters are some of the most insufferably boring shit I have ever read, but it does pick up from there with plenty of violence, mysoginy, cruelty and ignorance galore to feast on and tear apart.

Quick quiz:

If your wife is arrogant, you should

A) Talk to her and find out what's troubling her
B) Divorce her and demand a payment of 2 camels from her father.
C) Warn her, then deny her sex, and finally beat her up.
D) Exile her to Baghdad for 70 days, during which time she must repent in dust and ashes

Didn't know the answer to that one? Bone up on that Koran! It's the first step in a united effort against Islam.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver's post
31-03-2012, 02:07 AM
RE: The Koran Project
I've started reading the Quran already.

It's boring
Allah is just flattering himself all the time
All the disbelievers will go to the fire

To be honest, I have no idea why people think its holy.

Also its quite confusing I should warn. It's not in chronological order so you won't always know which verses have been abrogated and which ones haven't. There's a lot of rubbish about reading things in context (usually the bad parts that make the religion look bad). Erm stay away from hadiths when criticising it because loads are 'weak' and some are authentic. (so some are actually words of muhammed others are 'fake or written by someone else with an alterior motive)

If I can remember anything else I'll say but you're in for a long journey. It's boring and I doubt you'll find proof of god.

Also, for the miracles I recommend watching 'theislammiracle' on YouTube, he does a good job at debunking a lot of it.

ps when I say Allah is flattering himself... I'm pretty sure he'd marry himself if he could.

Remember he is all wise! Tongue

Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!
Take the risk of thinking for yourself, much more happiness, truth, beauty, and wisdom will come to you that way.

Enlightenment is liberating.
31-03-2012, 10:32 AM
I got through about 9 suras so far, haven't picked it up again in a while. It's pretty obvious the book evolved (ironically) with a growing tribe/cult surrounded by enemies and with a big chip on its collective shoulder.

Like ChickenMan said, it's boring, and very repetitive much like the babble.

"While religions tell us next to nothing useful or true about the universe, they do tell us an enormous amount - perhaps an embarrassing amount - about ourselves, about what we value, fear and lust after." Iain M Banks
31-03-2012, 11:24 AM
(30-03-2012 11:19 PM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  Ive read a lot of posts here going after what the Bible says and Christian beliefs. While I agree the Bible is an awful little document, I'm beginning to tire of this 1) because it's been re-hashed so many times now and 2) it's hardly sporting to take a swipe at someone who won't hit back. No, I have my sights on bigger game these days - Islam.

Now Islam, like Christianity and Judaism is an Abrahamic faith, has plenty of fundamentalists in the flock, and continues to keep millions worldwide shackled in darkness and ignorance. But all things being equal, their batshit is worse than our batshit. They will kill and maim to MAKE you believe. And when I say this, I don't want to hear any pussy posts about 'Well Jesus said to bring non-believers to him and kill them in front of him' or 'Christians killed and tortured millions of people over the past 2000 years'. That's yesterday's news. The big difference here is that militant Muslims will read their holy books and really carry out Allah's threats in large numbers TODAY. As such, Islam is, by far, more dangerous than any other fundamentalist threat and deserves the most attention by our community to debunk it, to neutralize its aggressiveness, and to start opening up Muslim minds to the light of reason. I applaud guys like Thunderf00t who have begun the attack on Islam and I have to scold other Atheists who defend and support this religion out of cowardice while chastising kind but ignorant Christians. Stop picking on the silly Pentecostal who thinks Adam and Eve rode dinosaurs in the Garden of Eden and go after the guys who really do use violence and terror to keep people shackled to such bronze age myths. They are the real peril to freedom and reason.

As such, I'm launching the Koran project. All you atheists, agnostics, skeptics, rationalists and other hell bound heathens, get out those Korans and start reading them! If we are to confront Islam the best defense is a good offense of knowledge. Start reading and debunking the book. I'll admit the first 3 chapters are some of the most insufferably boring shit I have ever read, but it does pick up from there with plenty of violence, mysoginy, cruelty and ignorance galore to feast on and tear apart.

Quick quiz:

If your wife is arrogant, you should

A) Talk to her and find out what's troubling her
B) Divorce her and demand a payment of 2 camels from her father.
C) Warn her, then deny her sex, and finally beat her up.
D) Exile her to Baghdad for 70 days, during which time she must repent in dust and ashes

Didn't know the answer to that one? Bone up on that Koran! It's the first step in a united effort against Islam.
To get a real insight u
into Islam I'd suggest you read Why I am not a Muslim by Inn Warraq. Interesting & disturbing.
31-03-2012, 01:54 PM
I have to ask the question.
Why do atheists have to read the "so called" holy books of the religious to give us credibility for not believing them?
This is an insulting proposition.
The Christian says:
"Have you read the bible? If you read the bible you would know that it's true. "
The Atheist then says:
"I've read the bible cover-to-cover and it is obvious that it was written by bronze age superstitious goat herders"
So what is accomplished? Nothing?
The Christian then goes about their business believing in the nonsense and we go the other.

So my answer to the Muslim is, No.
I will not read the Koran.
I don't care to read nonsense.
Why don't you read "The Quotable Atheist"?
Until you read about atheism I can't take your religious belief seriously.

The old gods are dead, let's invent some new ones before something really bad happens.
[+] 2 users Like Thomas's post
31-03-2012, 05:28 PM
Good point Thomas. I picked up a Quran on a know-your-enemy basis, it would be good to have that knowledge on hand even though most theists don't know their own books.

Since then I've lost a lot of interest in learning and arguing scripture, it's fiction, and not very good fiction at that. We might as well dispute whether Han Solo shot first.

"While religions tell us next to nothing useful or true about the universe, they do tell us an enormous amount - perhaps an embarrassing amount - about ourselves, about what we value, fear and lust after." Iain M Banks
[+] 2 users Like daylightisabadthing's post
02-04-2012, 07:39 AM
I wanted to get educated about the problem I am addressing here. That is why started to read Koran, not because I wanted to understand it, but to know what the fuck am I talking about. I read about 10 pages, was utterly confused, didn't see any stories or myths, no history whatsoever, the whole book was just a set of laws. Nothing more, nothing less, just laws, one after another, all sorted out by numbers and shit. I have then ritually secure deleted it from my laptop, never to see it again. My God, that was the worst and most boring hour of my life.

I will try the same thing with a Bible, but more time must pass, that hour with the Koran did a lot of damage, my brain is still swollen form the retardedness I had to endure.

Of course Han Solo did shut first, haven't you seen the movies? The Original ones, not this New Lucas Crap?

Big Grin

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 1 user Likes Filox's post