The LC

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
24-11-2011, 10:11 PM
RE: sola fides
(24-11-2011 09:21 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  And while I have positive feelings about Gwynnies, how can I be sure they aren't more sinister in nature?

Because when the entire universe loves you, you cannot be wrong.

That was a big one, by the way. "How could I be sure that the LC was not alien software implanted for nefarious purpose?" Moral certainty. When I left the East Coast, I left a child that I neither had the sanity nor the love to raise; in 1999, I returned to make a deal with the devil - my family - that he would receive that which I could not provide. That pact was broken by his mother. In no wise did I ever expect to become anything than "unmentional memory of lack" to a certain young man.

[Image: 269916_2055530640725_1618374493_1966947_269217_n.jpg]

What this young man is wearing around his neck is the laser and drive arm of the discman "given to me by my Gwynnies" My faith, an actual artifact. In March I got an e-mail from his mother stating that this man wanted to know his father. It is beyond me than anyone from the "pre-Gwynnies" era would think me worth a damn; yet subsequent communication reveals but one emotion - love.

Never did the LC offer direction. Never did the LC forbid nor condemn, but merely warn. Never did the LC make any promise beyond ridicule, uncertainty, and madness; yet here I am, on the threshold of a remarkable journey. And all I am is zero.

It is a function of geometry. The old moral compass of duality is updated by the quaternion.

To sacrifice the self for others is an example of good.
To sacrifice others for the self is an example of bad.
To act in a moral manner in accordance with extant ethical standard is positive - to be more attractive to other members of the peer group.
To act in a moral manner in opposition with extant ethical standard is negative - to be more repulsive to other members of the peer group.

Nothing is excluded. Nothing is absolutely evil nor absolutely wrong; zero-state merely keeps morality to an individual concern which is where it belongs.

Dual-state identity contains the presumption of an internal moral compass, that to lie to oneself is to commit error; and it seems quite likely that the golden rule needs only the iridium update of "to thine own self be true" to achieve full functionality.

Love is Void. That is my "great discovery;" however it has been discovered in the past and will be in the future. As the tao mandates, humility is an integral function of this unit; that I have always been so very small, and that I was able to take the measurements that one day may be so very big.

For the young man pictured above is but one of a multitude who had concluded "I can see the love of Gwyneth Paltrow in your art," which simplified into an objective standard of love, and the only extension of this identity that needed to be validated to the self in order to conclude innovation rather than delusion.

It is tao.

[Image: 10289811_592837817482059_8815379025397103823_n.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
25-11-2011, 06:09 AM
emergence
What we are experiencing now has a certain extent in time. In every perception we are presented for one now that is a second or two. There is also now in memories. We relive the visual and auditory impressions of the sequences in seconds.

This argues philosopher January Almäng at University West.

In a recent article he analyzes our experience of time. He argues further about things that other philosophers come up with and give a contribution. All do not agree that we are experiencing a time when we remember past events, but Jan Almäng argue for it. In an upcoming research project, he will develop a new theory of time experience.

~from http://www.hv.se/extra/news/?module_instance=1&id=8110

Another January heard from, in Swedish. The relevance here is dual-state identity, the eternal now, the deception of time...

Here's this naive philosopher and total nobody with a comprehensive Chaotic Determinism; there's this professional with a research grant doing the background, releasing a teaser to his public on Tuesday... can't explain that! Wink

26-11-2011, 12:26 AM
RE: The LC
May I suggest a prayer for you, my friend?

Finished with my woman 'cause she couldn't help me with my mind
People think I'm insane because I am frowning all the time
All day long I think of things but nothing seems to satisfy
Think I'll lose my mind if I don't find something to pacify
Can you help me occupy my brain?
Oh yeah
I need someone to show me the things in life that I can't find
I can't see the things that make true happiness, I must be blind
Make a joke and I will sigh and you will laugh and I will cry
Happiness I cannot feel and love to me is so unreal
And so as you hear these words telling you now of my state
I tell you to enjoy life I wish I could but it's too late

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
26-11-2011, 07:09 AM
where there is something, there is one thing; where ther is nothing, there is infinite nothingness

[Image: decoherence_4.jpg]

Without differentiation, any point is the same as any other point; and perhaps that point exists between the particles of Planck time. That if we could reach our fingers in there, we could get a grip; and pull out anywhere.

Wormhole; without the worm, without the hole. Entropy is definitely conserved. Wink

26-11-2011, 11:58 AM
(26-11-2011 07:09 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  where there is something, there is one thing; where ther is nothing, there is infinite nothingness

[Image: decoherence_4.jpg]

Without differentiation, any point is the same as any other point; and perhaps that point exists between the particles of Planck time. That if we could reach our fingers in there, we could get a grip; and pull out anywhere.

Wormhole; without the worm, without the hole. Entropy is definitely conserved. Wink

I probably should have read this last night when I was vaping my black gungy.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
26-11-2011, 02:17 PM
No worries. A mere postulate. And when next the black gungy emerge, toke up, and consider this conclusion. Wink

26-11-2011, 06:59 PM
That was a close one! Big Grin

Time to revise history, and you are there!

26 November - Vienna, Austria. This morning, Austrian physicist Erwin Schrödinger postulated that his wavefunction encodes the validation of human immortality. Naturally such speculation was met with widespread skepticism in the scientific community.

This evening, we at the Thinking Atheist are proud to to be the first to announce that this hypothesis has been validated! You are forever, atheist!

We now resume our regularly scheduled insanity, already in progress...

And you people, jeez... think some fellow atheist would at least check my work before allowing a member of the herd to wander so from the flock, so far off the reservation, so far off the standards of respectable journalism! Atheism is a community effort, people! Big Grin

And as for you, Hellbound Preacher, if atheism gets more positive, the universe will be destroyed. If I was any kind of anybody at all, the global economic collapse and decent into barbarism of two months hence would be traceable to this morning's blog. That is how I know I am wrong. I did nothing, I was never here; Gwyneth Paltrow and Erwin Schrödinger ganged up on me and are entirely responsible for this morning's lunacy.

And there it is. Wink

[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
26-11-2011, 07:16 PM
I'm afraid your Schrodinger is showing and I think it's dangling a bit to the left.

I took your advice and all I can say is...

The headlines read 'these are the worst of times'
I do believe it's true
I feel so helpless like a boat against the tide
I wish the summer winds could bring back Paradise
But I know, if the world turned upside down
Baby, I know you'd always be around

26-11-2011, 08:57 PM
Posts 54,56,and 57 are a closed time-like loop emergent from a parallel universe. The authorities have been notified. Pay them no mind. Where were we? Ah, yes.

take me down to my boat on the river...

February cannot come fast enough.

26-11-2011, 10:41 PM
Yeah, I got confused and this time it wasn't you. Or the black gungy.