(28-04-2015 01:37 PM)Chas Wrote:  I'm Spartacus. Drinking Beverage

Now I wanna be Spartacus Sad

I'm Brian and so is my wife.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Drunkin Druid's post
28-04-2015, 01:54 PM
RE: The Latest Feminist Bullshit
(28-04-2015 01:48 PM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  And the reasoning for not wanting to label as a feminist is outlined in the post above yours.

You are welcome to label yourself what the fuck you like Thumbsup

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
28-04-2015, 02:30 PM
(28-04-2015 02:34 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(27-04-2015 06:18 PM)Res Publica Wrote:  No, I was interested in seeing if any of you (EK in particular), is actually crazy enough to defend it. To be honest I must admit I am somewhat disappointed that none of yo uare that crazy, but oh well.

BTW I find it hypocritical that when a few gamergaters do some awful act like send threatening emails or something, feminists jump on it "Gamergate is all about harassment", but when feminists do shit like this "Strawman, only a few fringe crazies are like that".

Well, we all already know that you're a stupid douchebag. So stupid in fact that you admittedly thought I could be baited into defending your strawman. Laughat

Yet here you are, trying to point to a feminist outlier in an effort to excuse Gamergate assholes.

Lets compare the two again, shall we? Here in the feminist misrepresentation corner, we have one video where someone poorly conflates sexual assault with sexual discrimination and harassment. Over in the Gamergate corner we had people targeting specific individuals and releasing their personal information all over the web in order to make them a target in real life. You're comparing an ignorant YouTube video to targeted harassment and threats bordering on cyber terrorism in a concerted effort to intimidate and silence dissenting opinions.

See boy? This is how we know, and can show, that 'thinking' is most definitely not your strong suit. Drinking Beverage

Assholes who represent gamergate just as well as well was her or the sorts in the video below represent feminism.

Paleoliberal • English Nationalist • Zionist • Rightist • Anti-Islam • Neoconservative • Republican • Linguistic Revivalist and Purist

Happily Divorced from the Left!
28-04-2015, 08:00 PM
(28-04-2015 02:30 PM)Res Publica Wrote:  Assholes who represent gamergate just as well as well was her or the sorts in the video below represent feminism.

Could you restate that in grammatical English? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
28-04-2015, 08:22 PM
(28-04-2015 08:00 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(28-04-2015 02:30 PM)Res Publica Wrote:  Assholes who represent gamergate just as well as well was her or the sorts in the video below represent feminism.

Could you restate that in grammatical English? Consider

Sorry about that.

Assholes who represent gamergate just as well as her or the sorts in the video below represent feminism.

Paleoliberal • English Nationalist • Zionist • Rightist • Anti-Islam • Neoconservative • Republican • Linguistic Revivalist and Purist

Happily Divorced from the Left!
28-04-2015, 08:43 PM
(28-04-2015 08:22 PM)Res Publica Wrote:  
(28-04-2015 08:00 PM)Chas Wrote:  Could you restate that in grammatical English? Consider

Sorry about that.

Assholes who represent gamergate just as well as her or the sorts in the video below represent feminism.

Yea, that's better! Facepalm
[+] 3 users Like pablo's post
28-04-2015, 09:13 PM
(28-04-2015 08:22 PM)Res Publica Wrote:  
(28-04-2015 08:00 PM)Chas Wrote:  Could you restate that in grammatical English? Consider

Sorry about that.

Right, so in response to it being pointed out how absurd it is to compare ignorance to a personal attack on others to intimidate them, you double down on the comparison. This is why you're thick as a brick.

For the record, I'm not wasting 15 more minutes of my time on another one of your bullshit videos that is clearly going to Godwin about 60 seconds in.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
28-04-2015, 09:31 PM
(28-04-2015 09:13 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Right, so in response to it being pointed out how absurd it is to compare ignorance to a personal attack on others to intimidate them, you double down on the comparison. This is why you're thick as a brick.

#sigh
[+] 5 users Like GirlyMan's post
28-04-2015, 10:24 PM
(28-04-2015 09:31 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(28-04-2015 09:13 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Right, so in response to it being pointed out how absurd it is to compare ignorance to a personal attack on others to intimidate them, you double down on the comparison. This is why you're thick as a brick.

Thanks Girly, that was the song I was thinking about while I wrote that. Thumbsup

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
30-04-2015, 01:16 PM
(27-04-2015 06:18 PM)Res Publica Wrote:  No, I was interested in seeing if any of you (EK in particular), is actually crazy enough to defend it. To be honest I must admit I am somewhat disappointed that none of yo uare that crazy, but oh well.

BTW I find it hypocritical that when a few gamergaters do some awful act like send threatening emails or something, feminists jump on it "Gamergate is all about harassment", but when feminists do shit like this "Strawman, only a few fringe crazies are like that".

That's because the people who made this video are widely recognized as morons. The male-dominated gamer culture is widely accepted because "boys will be boys" and "girls don't play video games." So, at the end of the day, the criticisms leveled by gamersgate activists -- yes, this means Anita Sarkeesian too (as much as I cringe at saying that) -- have valid and relevant points. Because most people will acknowledge that rape is more serious than sexual harassment, this has no real support outside of a handful of extremists. Culturally perpetuated sexism is more common and supported.

Occasional TTA returner then leaverer.
[+] 1 user Likes Logica Humano's post