The "Law" of Attraction

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-05-2013, 11:44 PM
RE: The "Law" of Attraction
(03-05-2013 11:23 PM)ReasonandScience Wrote:  
(03-05-2013 09:04 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  Well, basically all people are doing is changing their thought patterns in their brain to react more positive. Before the money wasn't enough. Now, the money is perfect and positive. Not a bad place to be Smile

The Secret is such a funny thing, I have a friend who bought shares and went to all the weekend workshops. She was convinced she could uproot her life and move across the country because that was where all her positive opportunity would be. Money. Down. The. Drain. But, she was happy (weird happy though).

Also, a major CEO of lulu lemon (yoga clothing line) was the founder of the Secret franchise. They do the same techniques for the lulu employees so they're happy working for next-to-nothing wages. Shocking But, they're all happy! And very at peace, zen like. A weird hypnotic zen-like.

I think much if that has to do with the power of suggestion. And also if you as a boss if a company and you are excessively positive around your workers and our company the morale will naturally lift.

The morale will lift to the point that one can be unethical? Undecided
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes LadyJane's post
04-05-2013, 07:17 AM
(03-05-2013 11:44 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  
(03-05-2013 11:23 PM)ReasonandScience Wrote:  I think much if that has to do with the power of suggestion. And also if you as a boss if a company and you are excessively positive around your workers and our company the morale will naturally lift.

The morale will lift to the point that one can be unethical? Undecided

No I didn't mean that. I meant that it'll boost morale enough to mask any unethical behavior. I seen this first hand in the military.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-05-2013, 09:16 AM
Ah yes, I see! We're saying the same thing kind of. Smile
20-07-2016, 09:24 PM
I have believed things many times so strongly and would be so happy believing things were coming that I desired only to be shocked and heartbroken badly when it did not. Just as I have been confident that bad things were coming in certain situations many times and would be angry and depressed only to be shocked and happy when it did not happen and things went better for me. How do these theories about belief and the law of attraction explain this?

I also have known many who got themselves to believe and feel strongly things would go there way which made it that much worse on them when they went the opposite way. Sending them into depression. Again it seems the reverse happens of what people feel and believe

In fact I have many times instead of trying to pretend things would go my way I have many times cried and thrown a tantrums over bad situations and instead of attracting bad things as we are told it would, it only made me feel better and things actually then went my way. And I know many who use this for ritual magic too. Instead of believing things would go their way they too instead used sadness or anger over the situation and over how they wanted things to change and cried about it to not only feel better but find things then tend to go their way. Again the exact opposite of what these attraction laws of beliefs say
I have said this many times and expected people to argue with me and prove me wrong and instead tons of people have agreed with me and said they have found this to be true for them as well!
21-07-2016, 09:58 AM
[Image: ThreadNecro.jpg]

[Image: 2aane4j.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like LostLocke's post
21-07-2016, 06:14 PM (This post was last modified: 21-07-2016 06:17 PM by GenesisNemesis.)
(03-05-2013 08:09 PM)amyb Wrote:  Also, fuck being positive anyway.

I don't get this kind of perspective. Yes, being positive can be forced and not genuine. But as long as it is genuine, why dismiss it entirely? If it helps people get through the day and is harmless, what's the problem? Moreover, are you saying people should think in only one way?

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself – and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard Feynman

Nothing matters, including the fact that nothing matters.
22-07-2016, 10:15 AM
(21-07-2016 06:14 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  
(03-05-2013 08:09 PM)amyb Wrote:  Also, fuck being positive anyway.

I don't get this kind of perspective. Yes, being positive can be forced and not genuine. But as long as it is genuine, why dismiss it entirely? If it helps people get through the day and is harmless, what's the problem? Moreover, are you saying people should think in only one way?
Yeah, she hasn't been on for over a year, and this thread was rezzed by someone with too much time on their hands from over 3 years ago.
Wink

[Image: 2aane4j.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes LostLocke's post
22-07-2016, 02:37 PM
When you drive around in a car you probably dont take much notice to how many red cars there are on the road.

Start consciously thinking about it and you may discover you see lots of them, everywhere you go.

Its nothing magical, the red cars have always been around, the only thing to change is where you place your attention.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-07-2016, 03:06 PM
(22-07-2016 10:15 AM)LostLocke Wrote:  
(21-07-2016 06:14 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  I don't get this kind of perspective. Yes, being positive can be forced and not genuine. But as long as it is genuine, why dismiss it entirely? If it helps people get through the day and is harmless, what's the problem? Moreover, are you saying people should think in only one way?
Yeah, she hasn't been on for over a year, and this thread was rezzed by someone with too much time on their hands from over 3 years ago.
Wink

Yet you are the one who keeps chatting on this thread and not actually contributing to the discussion. Talk about having too much time on your hands
22-07-2016, 04:38 PM
(03-05-2013 12:11 PM)KeenIdiot Wrote:  I never understood if this was true, then why are there dying children and starving people.

The answer to that according to this metaphysics is that they don't have a positive attitude. They see the poverty all around them and don't believe that there is anything better for them than that which they can see, they do not have faith that they are rich. Not that they are gonna be rich, but the idea is to believe that one is rich. Accept that God has all the riches for you right now. If your thoughts instead are that you are going to be rich you will always be poor because of how you are thinking. You are keeping your riches in the future in that manner. I attended a New Age church for a while, and they had classes on how to be rich. One of the things they did during a class was to pat each other on the back and congratulate each other on their riches. Lots of fun, but I never knew anyone who actually attained wealth from it.