The Law of Christian Nations

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-08-2016, 07:02 PM
The Law of Christian Nations
The more I read the less I like religion.

Here in the US there is a fight between several Indian Nations and a private company building an oil pipeline just north of their lands. An oil spill would irrepreably harm their main water source upstream.

the law of Christian nations
http://indiancountrytodaymedianetwork.co...hristendom

Excerpts:

"The most foundational ideas and arguments that the United States is using against our nations are traced back to the days of Western Christendom, and to the language of domination found in the papal bulls and royal charters of the fifteenth and sixteenth centuries. The United States is treating the Standing Rock Dakota and the Oceti Sakowin in a disrespectful and coercive manner based on religiously premised concepts and arguments derived from what used to be called the international law of Christendom, or “the law of Christian nations.” Those ideas from the past continue to control the present for all of our original nations.

An example of that past thinking that continues in the present is found in Jedediah Morse’s “Report On Indian Affairs,” published in 1822. A Congregational clergyman, Morse delivered his report to U.S. Secretary of War John C. Calhoun, to Congress, and to President James Monroe. In the conclusion to his Report (p. 93), Morse characterized the Indian people as “a valuable part of that large body of heathen in our world, who are shortly to become the inheritance of our Redeemer,” at which point he cited to Psalms 2:8 in the Bible, which reads: “Ask of me, and I shall give to you the heathen for thine inheritance [property], and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession.”

You can pretty much use the Vileble to support any transgression against your fellow man.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Full Circle's post
28-08-2016, 07:34 PM
RE: The Law of Christian Nations
(28-08-2016 07:02 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  The more I read the less I like religion.

Here in the US there is a fight between several Indian Nations and a private company building an oil pipeline just north of their lands. An oil spill would irrepreably harm their main water source upstream.

the law of Christian nations
http://indiancountrytodaymedianetwork.co...hristendom

Excerpts:

"The most foundational ideas and arguments that the United States is using against our nations are traced back to the days of Western Christendom, and to the language of domination found in the papal bulls and royal charters of the fifteenth and sixteenth centuries. The United States is treating the Standing Rock Dakota and the Oceti Sakowin in a disrespectful and coercive manner based on religiously premised concepts and arguments derived from what used to be called the international law of Christendom, or “the law of Christian nations.” Those ideas from the past continue to control the present for all of our original nations.

An example of that past thinking that continues in the present is found in Jedediah Morse’s “Report On Indian Affairs,” published in 1822. A Congregational clergyman, Morse delivered his report to U.S. Secretary of War John C. Calhoun, to Congress, and to President James Monroe. In the conclusion to his Report (p. 93), Morse characterized the Indian people as “a valuable part of that large body of heathen in our world, who are shortly to become the inheritance of our Redeemer,” at which point he cited to Psalms 2:8 in the Bible, which reads: “Ask of me, and I shall give to you the heathen for thine inheritance [property], and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession.”

You can pretty much use the Vileble to support any transgression against your fellow man.

Transgression? Not if we are bringing the "Word of Gawd to The Heathen". Then, anything goes. Including small pox infected blankets. Facepalm
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
29-08-2016, 12:40 AM
(28-08-2016 07:02 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Man has pretty much used the Vileble to support any transgression against your fellow man.

Fixed

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
29-08-2016, 01:07 AM
Religionistas are shit-heads.

American commercial religionistas doubly so it seems.

Evil, if the old saying, "The love of money is the root . . ." because that is the whole basis of their desires, not the saving of "heathen souls".

Mammon is their only true god.

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
[+] 3 users Like Gloucester's post