The Left and Me

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-08-2014, 09:45 AM
Re: RE: The Left and Me
(16-08-2014 08:28 AM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  
(16-08-2014 12:00 AM)cjlr Wrote:  Oh, I dunno.

People can grow out of sanctimonious contrarianism. And ignorance is always curable.

Now, as to the matter of likelihood...

PSST! hey, RP - protip for you: climate change is real. I know that it makes you feel big and special to deny a hypermajority of scientifically qualified experts, but your feels are irrelevant here.
Weren't we all idiots when we were kids? If you don't think you were an idiot when you were young then you're probably still an idiot. That or you didn't have any fun.. When the kid finds out the world is not black and white he too will look back at his younger self and say "pfft. What a fuckin idiot."

Ignorance isn't his problem. That's the common pattern of the youthful.

The problem is thinking he has the answer while still ignorant. That's something countless of people don't grow out of with age. Some do project onto others well, and Res has that down.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-08-2014, 10:06 AM
RE: The Left and Me
(16-08-2014 09:45 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(16-08-2014 08:28 AM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  Weren't we all idiots when we were kids? If you don't think you were an idiot when you were young then you're probably still an idiot. That or you didn't have any fun.. When the kid finds out the world is not black and white he too will look back at his younger self and say "pfft. What a fuckin idiot."

Ignorance isn't his problem. That's the common pattern of the youthful.

The problem is thinking he has the answer while still ignorant. That's something countless of people don't grow out of with age. Some do project onto others well, and Res has that down.
I remember reading a sign on a restaurant wall that said something like;
For those of you who are teenagers, please get out of your parents house and get a job while you still know everything.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply