The Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina Of Time

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-03-2012, 02:59 PM
The Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina Of Time
12 years ago a game so awesome came out that even today it is considered legendary. I originally got it for the N64, then when I got rid of the N64 I got it for the gamecube. Then when I found out you can download graphic mods for the computer for it I downloaded it for the computer.

Now I'm just spoiled.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like TheArcticSage's post
21-03-2012, 03:10 PM
RE: The Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina Of Time
I guess I'm the only person on Earth that hates this game. I can't stand it. I literally think it's one of the worst Adventure/RPG games of all time. I can't stand what they did to LoZ when it turned 3D.

I got a N64 for this game specifically... played the game... became sad... bought a PSX... and never touched the N64 again.

I'm serious when I say I've never touched it since that day except to move it into the closest. I think the N64 still has the OOT cartridge in it.

[Image: vjp09.gif]
22-03-2012, 02:02 PM
This was my first Zelda game and I loved it. After playing this game I found out about the other titles in the series. I went on to play The Legend of Zelda, A Link to the Past, Links Awakening, and eventually Majora's Mask. I haven't been able to play any of the newer Zelda games since I don't own any consoles.

It's great to see a community project like this. I'll download the texture pack and give it a try this weekend.

(21-03-2012 03:10 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  I guess I'm the only person on Earth that hates this game. I can't stand it. I literally think it's one of the worst Adventure/RPG games of all time. I can't stand what they did to LoZ when it turned 3D.

KC, I'm curious, could you please elaborate? Was it the fact that it went from 2D to 3D? Did you not like the story? The dungeons were too hard/easy? That stupid owl?

"The most valuable possession you can own is an open heart. The most powerful weapon you can be is an instrument of peace." -- Carlos Santana
22-03-2012, 02:10 PM
You're not alone KC.

While I don't hate the game, I definitely don't really like it.
I've played it several times trying to wrap my head around why everyone likes it so much. I still don't get it.

There are positive things I can say about it.

* Revolutionary gameplay.
* Nice music.
* You can ride a horse.... though I hated riding the horse.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-03-2012, 02:31 PM
(22-03-2012 02:02 PM)Zephony Wrote:  This was my first Zelda game and I loved it. After playing this game I found out about the other titles in the series. I went on to play The Legend of Zelda, A Link to the Past, Links Awakening, and eventually Majora's Mask. I haven't been able to play any of the newer Zelda games since I don't own any consoles.

It's great to see a community project like this. I'll download the texture pack and give it a try this weekend.

There's a quite a few texture packs out here, and you can download multiple ones and simply replace some of the images in ones you already downloaded. I don't think you're missing out much with the 3D or Skyward Sword... if you haven't played Twilight Princess though, then yes you are missing out. One person even went so far to try an remodel the people in the game... it's a work in progress though Tongue
22-03-2012, 02:54 PM
I didn't play the ocarina of time but I played majora's mask and enjoyed it a lot.
Also played the snes and gameboy version. I started the NES version but I found it too annoying so never finnished that one.
And the newer ones I never touched for the same reason as Zephony.

[Image: 69p7qx.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Leela's post
22-03-2012, 03:09 PM
(22-03-2012 02:54 PM)Leela Wrote:  I didn't play the ocarina of time but I played majora's mask and enjoyed it a lot.
Also played the snes and gameboy version. I started the NES version but I found it too annoying so never finnished that one.
And the newer ones I never touched for the same reason as Zephony.

If you liked Majora's Mask you'll LOVE Ocarina of Time, you can download it on the computer if you have an emulator for it. I will never buy Ocarina of Time 3DS. Ever.
22-03-2012, 05:13 PM
Could try Ocarina of time but right now I don't have a joypad, my old one was bad and stiff and I left it to die and can't even remember where. So right now doesn't make much sense to download an emulator, but maybe another time, or when I visit one of my brothers who still has the N64 and this game.

27-03-2012, 05:28 AM
(22-03-2012 05:13 PM)Leela Wrote:  Could try Ocarina of time but right now I don't have a joypad, my old one was bad and stiff and I left it to die and can't even remember where. So right now doesn't make much sense to download an emulator, but maybe another time, or when I visit one of my brothers who still has the N64 and this game.
I play Ocarina of time with my keyboard Frusty
[+] 1 user Likes TheArcticSage's post
27-03-2012, 01:22 PM
I tried playing stuff on emulaters using my keyboard before but it is just not the same. l like the controller in my hand and that... just nicer