The "Life's a bitch" thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-12-2014, 10:37 PM
RE: The "Life's a bitch" thread
(05-12-2014 10:26 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(05-12-2014 09:54 PM)Sam Wrote:  I sympathise with her.

Her religious beliefs shouldn't come into it.

I know I'd be pissed if I'd been denied a job I was qualified for because I'm an atheist.

They didn't deny her a job because she was a Christian.. She was denied the job because she had a demonstrated history of, participation in, and affirmation of expressed and implied and active discriimiaion.

I'd've hired her. And then showed her God. ... But that was like 30 years ago.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-12-2014, 11:28 PM
(05-12-2014 10:37 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(05-12-2014 10:26 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  They didn't deny her a job because she was a Christian.. She was denied the job because she had a demonstrated history of, participation in, and affirmation of expressed and implied and active discriimiaion.

I'd've hired her. And then showed her God. ... But that was like 30 years ago.

You can get arrested for that, ya know. Big Grin

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
05-12-2014, 11:36 PM
(05-12-2014 11:28 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(05-12-2014 10:37 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I'd've hired her. And then showed her God. ... But that was like 30 years ago.

30 years ago? I dunno, we'll have to wait and see how the Cosby thing pans out.
06-12-2014, 12:40 AM
(05-12-2014 11:28 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(05-12-2014 10:37 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I'd've hired her. And then showed her God. ... But that was like 30 years ago.

We got married instead.

#sigh
[+] 4 users Like GirlyMan's post
06-12-2014, 01:12 AM (This post was last modified: 06-12-2014 03:48 AM by EvolutionKills.)
As cathartic as it might be to laugh at Paquette, but if she really was qualified and she really was denied because of her implied religious belief because of her college, that's still wrong. In the same way that if an atheist from a very liberal college was denied a job in the deep south just because their implied religious belief because of their choice of college, we'd be upset about that.

Now whether or not Paquette is actually qualified for the job is one thing, but specifically bring up and zeroing in on a personal ideological disagreements with her college kind of shoots Amundsen's argument in the foot. Now this is Canada, so I'm not sure how their laws apply, but if it happened here in the States then if would appear to me (from just the very limited information in the article) that Paquette would have good grounds to make her case vis-a-vis religious discrimination.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post
06-12-2014, 03:44 AM
That was fucking bullshit. They coulda just told her she didn't make it for the job. Instead they went out of their way to be assholes. Fuck those guys.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
06-12-2014, 05:54 AM
(05-12-2014 02:48 PM)Thinkerbelle Wrote:  Narcissism and self-importance at its finest.

His or hers?

Consider

06-12-2014, 08:05 AM
(05-12-2014 09:54 PM)Sam Wrote:  I sympathise with her.

Her religious beliefs shouldn't come into it.

I know I'd be pissed if I'd been denied a job I was qualified for because I'm an atheist.

Or maybe it was her qualifications?

From their website:
Quote:Notice

Three Canadian female applicants have recently reported that they felt "attacked" during the first stage of our recruiting process (online application submission). Applicants who cannot handle being challenged during a job application (including being assessed through the MMPI-2 federal psychological assessment test, or understanding the concept that warming up an hypothermic person on the verge of death with skin to skin contact is not sexual) are kindly advised that the demanding career of a guide with our company may not be the best fit for them.
Quote:The following is a message from Michelle Baurmann from California, a former Amaruk guide and scuba diving instructor, a female, and a Minister:

"One would think that a mainstream news channel would do some research before making false accusations towards a legitimate company that stands for wilderness education, survival and preservation. As a former guide and Scuba Instructor for Amaruk and now active minister, I can assure you that they are teaching and educating in proper wilderness preservation, 0 blueprint camping and wilderness survival. This being said, there are professional, physical and mental strength requirements that must be met in order to be able to participate in this training and guiding. It is at the sole discretion of Amaruk to insure that each guide has what is required to maneuver through the expeditions with others safely and without incident. Rather than claiming false accusations of discrimination against Christians, let's focus on the real issue at hand, the individual simply was not qualified. I trust this post will shine some light where others may have unknowingly clouded the truth. Peace and Blessings!"

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-12-2014, 02:50 PM
Quote:Rather than claiming false accusations of discrimination against Christians, let's focus on the real issue at hand, the individual simply was not qualified. I trust this post will shine some light where others may have unknowingly clouded the truth.

If there was no discrimination and she was simply not qualified, why did the rejection letter explicitly mention her Christianity and her college? Bullshit excuse is bullshit.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
06-12-2014, 04:19 PM
(06-12-2014 02:50 PM)morondog Wrote:  
Quote:Rather than claiming false accusations of discrimination against Christians, let's focus on the real issue at hand, the individual simply was not qualified. I trust this post will shine some light where others may have unknowingly clouded the truth.

If there was no discrimination and she was simply not qualified, why did the rejection letter explicitly mention her Christianity and her college? Bullshit excuse is bullshit.

Well, how about the full context? We aren't told that.

Also consider:
"In asking students to refrain from same-sex relationships, Trinity Western University, and any person associated with it, has engaged in discrimination," he wrote.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user