The Little Laws of Life

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-12-2015, 07:56 PM
RE: The Little Laws of Life
One I heard at a diving resort at Mabul Island.

Diver's Law: If it's very ugly or very beautiful or does not move away when you get closer ... don't touch it!

(which, as I have said before, is equally applicable to girlfriends).

This one did actually catch on in the place I worked (last century):

DLJ's Network Law:
Any neatly coiled length of cable, when left unattended for more than a day, will tangle itself into a mass of inextricable knots.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 7 users Like DLJ's post
26-12-2015, 08:02 PM
Bucky's Law :
If you decide to go to Target or get groceries, whatever line you get in will have an idiot in front of you, who waits until after the items are rung, then fumbles around looking for his/her check book, takes about 10 minutes to write it, and then it's not accepted.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
26-12-2015, 09:36 PM
Beady's Spousal Statute:
Your Spouse is exactly the kind of person someone like you would marry.

Beady's Inverse Spousal Statute:
You are exactly the kind of person someone like your spouse would marry.
26-12-2015, 09:43 PM
“The severity of the itch is inversely proportional to the ability to reach it.”
– Chloe Traeger”

The occurrence of the equipment problem is inversely proportional to the distance of the repair technician from the equipment.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
26-12-2015, 10:07 PM (This post was last modified: 26-12-2015 10:13 PM by Full Circle.)
Murphy’s Constant:
Matter will be damaged in direct proportion to its value.

The Law of Punctuality:
The only things that start on time are those that you’re late for.

Law of Complexity:
Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers.

Axiom of Etiquette:
In a social situation, the most difficult thing to do is usually the right thing to do.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
26-12-2015, 10:17 PM
(26-12-2015 07:56 PM)DLJ Wrote:  One I heard at a diving resort at Mabul Island.

Diver's Law: If it's very ugly or very beautiful or does not move away when you get closer ... don't touch it!

(which, as I have said before, is equally applicable to girlfriends).

This one did actually catch on in the place I worked (last century):

DLJ's Network Law:
Any neatly coiled length of cable, when left unattended for more than a day, will tangle itself into a mass of inextricable knots.

Having worked in the Radio Frequency business for many years, I will add Fireball's corollary-

Any operating RF system will act flaky at some point during test. The problem will be isolated to an RF cable connector that was properly tightened at installation and had had no work performed on it, yet is now loose. Angry I'm still trying to figure out how the RF-atrons can work cable connections loose.

As far as the tangled cables are concerned, I can point you to the appropriate math texts on knot theory, if you are really interested.
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
27-12-2015, 04:02 AM
West Coast Navigation Blindness Conundrum: When you start your journey in the morning the sun is in your eyes. When you return home in the evening the sun is in your eyes.
27-12-2015, 04:12 AM
Flying Insect Egress Rule: Any flying insect trapped inside a room will think your ear is its best chance for escape.
[+] 5 users Like Airportkid's post
27-12-2015, 04:18 AM
(26-12-2015 09:49 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  Levenson’s Law - No matter how well a toupee blends in back, it always look like hell in front.

Trump's Law - No matter how well a comb-over blends in back, it always look like hell in front.

[Image: 9182cf50-f75d-0132-f409-0e18518aac2f.jpg...p;amp;q=70]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post
27-12-2015, 05:35 AM
Hanlan's Razor: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

"While religions tell us next to nothing useful or true about the universe, they do tell us an enormous amount - perhaps an embarrassing amount - about ourselves, about what we value, fear and lust after." Iain M Banks
[+] 3 users Like daylightisabadthing's post