The Little Laws of Life

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-12-2015, 08:23 AM
RE: The Little Laws of Life
(26-12-2015 08:02 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Bucky's Law :
If you decide to go to Target or get groceries, whatever line you get in will have an idiot in front of you, who waits until after the items are rung, then fumbles around looking for his/her check book, takes about 10 minutes to write it, and then it's not accepted.

Who still writes checks?

I have my credit card in hand and oftentimes swiped before the cashier finishes ringing up my order. That's the proper way to shop. Smile
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Aliza's post
27-12-2015, 08:41 AM
(26-12-2015 09:49 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  Roos’ Law - if there’s a harder way of doing something, someone will find it.

OMG, that reminds me of an ex boyfriend. Hadn't thought of him in a long time. He ALWAYS found a harder way to do things, and often it failed. He drove me bonkers. Hobo

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
29-12-2015, 09:20 AM
Paul's Law: You can't fall off the floor.

Mechanic's rule for tightening a bolt: Torque on it until it breaks, then back off half a turn.
[+] 2 users Like Grasshopper's post
30-12-2015, 04:23 PM
Dark Light's Law of Interpretation: No matter how well you convey an idea, thought, or explanation, someone will be able to find ambiguity.
Dark Light's Second Law of Interpretation: That person will confuse others.
Dark Lights Third Law of Interpretation: The confused people will cause chaos.

Dark Light's Law of Appreciation: The person getting credit for something only deserves a small portion of the praise they are getting. The same goes for the person being blamed for an error.

Dark Light's Law of Sloth: No matter how much work you put into making a task easier for others, they will still look for reasons to get you to do it instead.

Dark Light's Law of Engineering: No matter how well you design something, someone will find a way to break it.

[+] 4 users Like Dark Light's post
30-12-2015, 04:28 PM
Mimi's Law - Shit happens.

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
30-12-2015, 05:46 PM
(27-12-2015 08:23 AM)Aliza Wrote:  
(26-12-2015 08:02 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Bucky's Law :
If you decide to go to Target or get groceries, whatever line you get in will have an idiot in front of you, who waits until after the items are rung, then fumbles around looking for his/her check book, takes about 10 minutes to write it, and then it's not accepted.

Who still writes checks?

I have my credit card in hand and oftentimes swiped before the cashier finishes ringing up my order. That's the proper way to shop. Smile

I wish you were the person standing in front of me when I'm in a line.

I always end up behind the person who writes checks. And has coupons. And has an item that she's sure was on sale for a lower price than the register shows--if somebody could just go and check that. And forgets another item and has to go get it; she'll be right back. And then has to write a check. Once she finds her pen, she's gonna get right to it...
[+] 4 users Like julep's post
30-12-2015, 05:47 PM
Life's law

If you eat you gonna shit!
31-12-2015, 05:39 AM
(30-12-2015 05:47 PM)DerFish Wrote:  Life's law

If you eat you gonna shit!

Or in other words...

Eat, shit and die.

Smile

31-12-2015, 02:26 PM
(30-12-2015 04:28 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  Mimi's Law - Shit happens.

Wiccan's Law - If shit happens, it happens three times.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
31-12-2015, 02:26 PM
(29-12-2015 09:20 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  Paul's Law: You can't fall off the floor.

Mechanic's rule for tightening a bolt: Torque on it until it breaks, then back off half a turn.

Paul was never drunk, obviously.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 2 users Like Old Man Marsh's post