The Little Laws of Life

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-02-2016, 04:13 PM
RE: The Little Laws of Life
(27-12-2015 08:23 AM)Aliza Wrote:  
(26-12-2015 08:02 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Bucky's Law :
If you decide to go to Target or get groceries, whatever line you get in will have an idiot in front of you, who waits until after the items are rung, then fumbles around looking for his/her check book, takes about 10 minutes to write it, and then it's not accepted.

Who still writes checks?

I have my credit card in hand and oftentimes swiped before the cashier finishes ringing up my order. That's the proper way to shop. Smile

Who still writes checks ? The little old lady in front of me buying a pack of gum. If she didn't have her checkbook, she'd be digging for $1.89 in change at the bottom of her bottomless purse. Which would take even longer.

The second mouse gets the cheese.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes The Drake's post
18-02-2016, 04:48 PM
(02-01-2016 06:51 PM)DerFish Wrote:  
(02-01-2016 01:46 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  I don't remember the name, but there was someone studying the concept & had it deemed his law basically how psychological effects show.

If you have less work to do, it'll still take you to the end of your normal shift to do.

Work will expand in direct proportion to the time allotted for it! And it is true. I ran a route when I had 28 stops to do in one day it got it done as fast as when I had a dozen!

As a master procrastinator, I can relate. If you only have one 10 minute task to do within 8 hours, you should always wait for 7 hours and 50 minutes before starting that task. Joking aside, whenever I think it will be a slow day, there is always one thing that will make it the craziest, longest day ever.

19-02-2016, 03:16 PM
The Liar's Law: If someone feels compelled to say, "I ain't lyin'" they're definitely lyin'.
19-02-2016, 03:48 PM
(19-02-2016 03:16 PM)Mr. Boston Wrote:  The Liar's Law: If someone feels compelled to say, "I ain't lyin'" they're definitely lyin'.

You know it's going to be a sea story when a fellow sailor starts out with "Now this is no shit...". That takes me back; I got out of the US Navy in '76.
19-02-2016, 04:23 PM
The angle of the dangle is in direct proportion to the mass of the ass and the heat!
20-02-2016, 01:52 PM
It's easier to get forgiveness then it is to get permission.

A friend in the hole

"If we're going to be damned, let's be damned for what we really are." - Captain Picard
[+] 1 user Likes unsapien's post
20-02-2016, 01:59 PM
(20-02-2016 01:52 PM)unsapien Wrote:  It's easier to get forgiveness then it is to get permission.

Yes! This is so true.

.... Oh, except for violating even the tiniest of drug laws in the United States, in which case, you will be punished for the rest of your life.
[+] 3 users Like Aliza's post
20-02-2016, 02:49 PM
(20-02-2016 01:59 PM)Aliza Wrote:  
(20-02-2016 01:52 PM)unsapien Wrote:  It's easier to get forgiveness then it is to get permission.

Yes! This is so true.

.... Oh, except for violating even the tiniest of drug laws in the United States, in which case, you will be punished for the rest of your life.

My brother used to say this to me anytime he was trying to talk me into joining him in doing something really stupid (but usually really fun too)

A friend in the hole

"If we're going to be damned, let's be damned for what we really are." - Captain Picard
[+] 1 user Likes unsapien's post
28-02-2016, 08:28 PM
(20-02-2016 01:59 PM)Aliza Wrote:  

Yes! This is so true.

We're working on it.

28-02-2016, 09:29 PM
Muffs 1st Law: Everyone's a cunt.

[Image: oscar.png]