The Long, Slow Death of My Homophobia

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-05-2017, 09:20 PM
RE: The Long, Slow Death of My Homophobia
(23-05-2017 03:57 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(21-05-2017 10:34 PM)sea_tiger Wrote:  The concept of marriage is inseparable from human ability to procreate, child nurturing etc.

It is not.
Actually in 2017, human reproduction is accomplished by many routes, including surrogacy and *in vitro* fertilization. The divorce rates in many places approach 50% or higher, and thus children are consigned to living in 1 parent households, and the ensuing poverty that results from that. If 2 parent SS couples want to adopt or raise their own kids, studies have shown the children are better off, than 1 parent (straight) home situations. Your ignorant assertions in fact, do not reflect the real world, and the situations that real people face in the real world. You have no clue what you're are on about. You have not a shred of evidence that the extension of marriage rights to SS people has any effect at all on fertility rates, reproduction rates and the rearing of children. None. It's a red herring.
My statement was strictly about traditional view of marriage.It is not a statement about modern marriage practices and medical assistance for reproduction.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Birth_Cult...nfertility
http://eresources.nlb.gov.sg/infopedia/a...13920.html
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-05-2017, 09:27 PM
(23-05-2017 09:20 PM)sea_tiger Wrote:  My statement was strictly about traditional view of marriage.

Whose tradition? Those of your backwards corner of the world, wherever that might be? You do bloody realise that are a whole bunch of other cultures and traditions outside of your apparently painfully limited experience?

And dating how far back? A couple of centuries? Millennia? Pre-homo sapiens days?

Facepalm

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
23-05-2017, 09:32 PM
(23-05-2017 09:27 PM)Vera Wrote:  
(23-05-2017 09:20 PM)sea_tiger Wrote:  My statement was strictly about traditional view of marriage.

Whose tradition? Those of your backwards corner of the world, wherever that might be? You do bloody realise that are a whole bunch of other cultures and traditions outside of your apparently painfully limited experience?

And dating how far back? A couple of centuries? Millennia? Pre-homo sapiens days?

Facepalm
It is social reality in many parts of the world.People have to work within this framework of society. Not all traditions are bad.Present culture is simplifying old traditions ,so it is not without change.
23-05-2017, 09:33 PM
(23-05-2017 09:20 PM)sea_tiger Wrote:  
(23-05-2017 03:57 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  It is not.
Actually in 2017, human reproduction is accomplished by many routes, including surrogacy and *in vitro* fertilization. The divorce rates in many places approach 50% or higher, and thus children are consigned to living in 1 parent households, and the ensuing poverty that results from that. If 2 parent SS couples want to adopt or raise their own kids, studies have shown the children are better off, than 1 parent (straight) home situations. Your ignorant assertions in fact, do not reflect the real world, and the situations that real people face in the real world. You have no clue what you're are on about. You have not a shred of evidence that the extension of marriage rights to SS people has any effect at all on fertility rates, reproduction rates and the rearing of children. None. It's a red herring.
My statement was strictly about traditional view of marriage.It is not a statement about modern marriage practices and medical assistance for reproduction.

You're missing the point. Your view on what constitutes "traditional" marriage is asinine. It's far to narrow in scope, and factually not accurate or reflective of reality for anyone but a complete fuckwit to take seriously.

That's like saying "I think from today forward all dogs should marry cats" and in my house make sure that happens and my grand kids going on a website like this and repeating that asinine nonsense as though it's a universal concept. It's NOT.

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
23-05-2017, 09:34 PM (This post was last modified: 24-05-2017 07:35 AM by Bucky Ball.)

So what was your point ?
You think we don't know what traditional views of marriage are ?
Advanced Western cultures have had the debate, endlessly, in the past 20 years. It's over.
The modern world accepts that minorities can marry, with absolutely no ill effect to society.
Why are you fighting battles that were lost in the past ? The question is a non-issue.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
23-05-2017, 09:35 PM
(23-05-2017 09:32 PM)sea_tiger Wrote:  
(23-05-2017 09:27 PM)Vera Wrote:  Whose tradition? Those of your backwards corner of the world, wherever that might be? You do bloody realise that are a whole bunch of other cultures and traditions outside of your apparently painfully limited experience?

Facepalm
It is social reality in many parts of the world.People have to work within this framework of society. Not all traditions are bad.Present culture is simplifying old traditions ,so it is not without change.

Nope just your narrow community. If you'd bother to look at other cultures you might be less bigoted and unaware of reality.

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
[+] 2 users Like JesseB's post
23-05-2017, 09:38 PM (This post was last modified: 23-05-2017 09:43 PM by Vera.)
(23-05-2017 09:32 PM)sea_tiger Wrote:  It is social reality in many parts of the world.People have to work within this framework of society. Not all traditions are bad.Present culture is simplifying old traditions ,so it is not without change.

This meaningless, bigoted word salad needs more dressing.

Better yet - it needs to be tossed into the rubbish bin of history, together with your precious traditions and conservative "values".

And they will be. They already are, one after the other.

But by all means, just keep digging that hole. It's entertaining to watch. In a slightly sick and sickening way.

[Image: dog-digging-sand-beach-summer.gif]

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Vera's post
23-05-2017, 09:45 PM (This post was last modified: 23-05-2017 09:50 PM by JesseB.)

You seem to be under the impression homosexuality didn't exist until recently. Modern medical and social practices are irrelevant. It's been around for as long as mammals have been around and even without modern medicine has no effect on fertility rates, largely because the community is generally about 10% of the total population. ALSO you are aware that many species have literally over bread themselves literally to fucking extinction right? Ours is coming up soon to be next on the chopping block dude. Homosexuality can in fact be a very needed and healthy thing for a species to ensure the species doesn't get out of hand. Think about this, the ONLY reason you have air to breath is because a species went extinct via over breading and over feeding itself. Sure as I recall it was some form of plankton but it had an unlimited food supply and went to work multiplying and eating said food source, until the atmosphere created by it's farts was so toxic to it, that it could no longer survive. The plants you see today weren't around back then.

Yes you're breathing plant farts, and without it you wouldn't fucking exist. That's just one example.

(Homosexuality may save the entire world from religious nutter fucktards that think we should keep on breeding until we go extinct. Mindless fucking animals that they are I guess you can't expect any real thought to come from them).

Big Grin
23-05-2017, 09:50 PM
(23-05-2017 09:33 PM)JesseB Wrote:  You're missing the point. Your view on what constitutes "traditional" marriage is asinine. It's far to narrow in scope, and factually not accurate or reflective of reality for anyone but a complete fuckwit to take seriously.

That's like saying "I think from today forward all dogs should marry cats" and in my house make sure that happens and my grand kids going on a website like this and repeating that asinine nonsense as though it's a universal concept. It's NOT.

I wasn't asserting or promoting any views.I was clarifying my previous statement which was misunderstood.
Quote:Nope just your narrow community. If you'd bother to look at other cultures you might be less bigoted and unaware of reality.

Exactly.I was taking about my community.I was focusing in a narrow way to describe things about old concepts.

Quote:You seem to be under the impression homosexuality didn't exist until recently.
NO .I never said that.It wasn't about me.

(23-05-2017 09:34 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  So what was your point ?

I wasn't making a point.I was basically sharing prevalent traditional views on things in my community.It was neither an assertion nor a universal statement about how these things must work.
23-05-2017, 09:55 PM
(23-05-2017 09:50 PM)sea_tiger Wrote:  
(23-05-2017 09:33 PM)JesseB Wrote:  You're missing the point. Your view on what constitutes "traditional" marriage is asinine. It's far to narrow in scope, and factually not accurate or reflective of reality for anyone but a complete fuckwit to take seriously.

I wasn't asserting or promoting any views.I was clarifying my previous statement which was misunderstood.
Quote:Nope just your narrow community. If you'd bother to look at other cultures you might be less bigoted and unaware of reality.

Exactly.I was taking about my community.I was focusing in a narrow way to describe things about old concepts.

Quote:You seem to be under the impression homosexuality didn't exist until recently.
NO .I never said that.It wasn't about me.

(23-05-2017 09:34 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  So what was your point ?

I wasn't making a point.I was basically sharing prevalent traditional views on things in my community.It was neither an assertion nor a universal statement about how these things must work.

The word "traditional" tends to insinuate that "everyone's" been doing it since the beginning so we shouldn't change it. That's how the word is used in almost every occurrence I've ever seen or heard of. On it's face that argument is silly nonsense. It's a pointless thing to bring up. ESPECIALLY when you're factually wrong. It's not a part of YOUR religious tradition, or rather it's not the ONLY part of your religious tradition you have to ignore the part where it wasn't that way for FAR longer than it was for your statement to even look legitimate and well when you're talking to people who know history you just come across as an ignorant ass making such claims. But then Christians don't know much about anything and they seem to know least about their own history.

Edit ^ upon reflection I can see how you may be trying to take the position of saying what ignorant fucktards in your community think as opposed to expressing any thoughts about reality or how things should be. So that should be taken into consideration.

Big Grin