The Long, Slow Death of My Homophobia

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-05-2017, 10:00 PM
RE: The Long, Slow Death of My Homophobia
(23-05-2017 09:50 PM)sea_tiger Wrote:  I wasn't making a point.I was basically sharing prevalent traditional views on things in my community.It was neither an assertion nor a universal statement about how these things must work.

Quote:The concept of marriage is inseparable from human ability to procreate, child nurturing etc.

THAT is an assertion.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
23-05-2017, 10:03 PM
(23-05-2017 10:00 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(23-05-2017 09:50 PM)sea_tiger Wrote:  I wasn't making a point.I was basically sharing prevalent traditional views on things in my community.It was neither an assertion nor a universal statement about how these things must work.

Quote:The concept of marriage is inseparable from human ability to procreate, child nurturing etc.

THAT is an assertion.

While he's kinda clearly being dishonest, I also think he's kinda clearly trying to back away from his assertion. Though I could be wrong.

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
23-05-2017, 10:03 PM
Heath_Tierney Wrote:Why would anyone worship such a capricious God?
If I believed that God would do this because of caprices I most likely wouldn't worship Him.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
23-05-2017, 10:04 PM
(23-05-2017 10:03 PM)Alla Wrote:  
If I believed that God would do this because of caprices I most likely wouldn't worship Him.

Then clearly you prefer to hold wool over your eyes, than face reality.

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
23-05-2017, 10:05 PM
(23-05-2017 10:03 PM)Alla Wrote:  

Clearly you would.
You worship Trump, right ?
The people and concepts you idolize are idiots.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
23-05-2017, 10:06 PM
Quote:The word "traditional" tends to insinuate that "everyone's" been doing it since the beginning so we shouldn't change it.
True.Personally I don't support 'so we shouldn't change it' part.

Quote:ESPECIALLY when you're factually wrong
I was focusing on views in regard to ritual and customs to describe things that I observe in my surroundings.

Quote: well when you're talking to people who know history you just come across as an ignorant ass making such claims.
I am making general statements about my area.I don't know what it has to do with history?
23-05-2017, 10:08 PM
(23-05-2017 10:00 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  

THAT is an assertion.

That's the underlying thing behind traditional marriages in a traditional culture.
23-05-2017, 10:11 PM
(23-05-2017 10:06 PM)sea_tiger Wrote:  
Quote:The word "traditional" tends to insinuate that "everyone's" been doing it since the beginning so we shouldn't change it.
True.Personally I don't support 'so we shouldn't change it' part.

Quote:ESPECIALLY when you're factually wrong
I was focusing on views in regard to ritual and customs to describe things that I observe in my surroundings.

Quote: well when you're talking to people who know history you just come across as an ignorant ass making such claims.
I am making general statements about my area.I don't know what it has to do with history?

You do realize that racism (for example) tends to only do well when people lock themselves in an echo chamber, a tiny little community and removes itself from the world at large. The problem IS that your perspective is so narrow and limited. You should be encouraged to educate yourself and look at other cultures we all know what ignorant fucktards (Many if not most of whom are also racists) that live in those small isolated communities think, there's really no need to remind anyone here that people like that exist in this situation. HOWEVER I would be far more interested in hearing YOUR thoughts, even if after I hear them I decide your full of shit or generally an Idiot, if you don't share YOUR thoughts all we have to go by are the ideas you're propping up. And so far those ideas are pretty much views only held by uncultured cretins.

Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes JesseB's post
23-05-2017, 10:12 PM
(23-05-2017 10:08 PM)sea_tiger Wrote:  
(23-05-2017 10:00 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  THAT is an assertion.

That's the underlying thing behind traditional marriages in a traditional culture.

WHAT THE FUCK IS A "TRADITIONAL CULTURE"??!!!!!!!!!!!

There is no "traditional" culture and you saying that show's how ignorant you are.

OK this came Straight out your ass. Dude did you listen to NOTHING anyone has said in this thread?

Big Grin
[+] 2 users Like JesseB's post
23-05-2017, 10:15 PM
@ sea tiger

kid you don't need jesus you need fucking perspective.

Big Grin