The Long, Slow Death of My Homophobia

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-05-2017, 08:47 PM (This post was last modified: 26-05-2017 08:52 PM by Alla.)
RE: The Long, Slow Death of My Homophobia
BeccaBoo Wrote:No.
As a Mormon I did, and if I still believed this would not be the time and place or person to reveal it to.
Exactly, IF YOU STILL BELIEVED. But you say that you do NOT believe any more. Joseph Smith made this all up. Not a big deal. Right?

So, you have a new name.
Will you give it to me?
There is nothing to fear.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-05-2017, 08:59 PM
About new name. When I made covenants in the Temple I received a new name. Nobody can know my new name accept my husband.
It is considered to be sacred. There are many things that are so sacred that I can not talk about them not only outside the Temple but even inside of the Temple accept one room.

26-05-2017, 09:17 PM
JesseB Wrote:I'm not Anti Mormon Alla. I might be anti religion in general but I have no special hatred for all things Mormon. Keep that in mind
I know. I judge by your posts. You are really nice even when you have no tolerance for wilful ignorance. I really appreciate this in you.

JesseB Wrote:On a total side note, in the 6th grade I was in love with a Russian girl who had just moved to the area, her name was Vera. She was the most beautiful girl who had ever lived. And of course she had no idea I even existed lol. I moved away at the end of the school year and that was that.
Oh, that is so cute. My 9 year old son is in love with his class mate. He told me once: "Mom, Lizzy, is the most beautiful girl I ever seen in my life". Yesterday it was the last day of the school. When I picked up my son from school he was in tears and when he got into the car he was crying very hard. I asked him:" what happened?" He told me that Lizzy was moving to Texas. And he told me that he also wanted to move to Texas. He is in love with Lizzy for two years. My poor baby.
There are lots of very beautiful girls in Russia and Ukraine. This is what many men from West Europe say. But I believe that there are lots of beautiful women in every country.

P.S. About the link you provided. I read about all those things long time ago. But that info is not complete. If you have desire to pick one thing you want to talk about from this source I don't mind to respond to the best of my ability and understanding. Who knows? May be you will help me to see something I don't see.
But only if you want to.

27-05-2017, 12:29 AM
(26-05-2017 08:47 PM)Alla Wrote:  
BeccaBoo Wrote:No.
As a Mormon I did, and if I still believed this would not be the time and place or person to reveal it to.
Exactly, IF YOU STILL BELIEVED. But you say that you do NOT believe any more. Joseph Smith made this all up. Not a big deal. Right?

So, you have a new name.
Will you give it to me?
There is nothing to fear.

I have spoken openly my Mormon new name with others in a different context. But with you,...I think you're being gross.

You could have just made small talk, still can. I gave you that option. Smile
[+] 2 users Like BeccaBoo's post
27-05-2017, 08:35 AM
(23-05-2017 07:55 AM)sea_tiger Wrote:  
(23-05-2017 07:14 AM)Robvalue Wrote:  I think what may be confusing people is that you said you were a traditionalist. This wouldn't be relevant unless you were saying that you were personally against same sex marriage.

I don't understand how being a traditionalist can work. It's just being completely against any sort of change, no matter how beneficial it may be. Things can never improve, and injustices can never be resolved, under such a system.

I call myself traditionalist because I love traditional customs & rituals-naming a baby, marriage-rituals, death rituals etc.Traditionalist doesn't mean I am against change.I am fairly influenced by present culture.I don't agree with many old way of doing things,traditional virtues etc.
I am not against same sex marriage but I don't see it mixing in with the traditional ritual associated with marriage.It can have legal validation but social/cultural acceptance is still an uphill battle.Social life is much easier if social acceptance is present.Birth, marriage,death rituals are in hand of the church.For any person skipping on church marriage and opting for legal marriage would lead to alienation from church community and relatives.A person can brave it and live independently of community but it may lead to future problems for his wife or children.Its not easy going against social norms.If the person follows the social norms and traditions he will earn social acceptance,respect among community and the church will become a backbone of support.It doesn't mean that changes are not occuring. Its just that same sex marriage[SSM] is a giant leap.Even people who are not against SSM would find it hard to openly support it.When I say it is not rooted in tradition ,it is not about legal marriage but more about social dynamics/traditions at play. When I say I don't see SSM and tradition mixing in together , it is a social situation I observe around me.I don't know what changes will occur or if a new normal is reached.Legal acceptance and social acceptance are different issues.What I mean with tradition may be different to what others think of it.[In traditional societies small change can lead to many other problems.] But again I am missing other aspects to view this issue.

Bullshit!!

My wife and I are proof positive that belief is incorrect. Before I became a true atheist my wife and I belonged to a Christian Church (forgot the denomination) and I actually became an Elder. At no time was the source of our marriage questioned. A civil marriage is as valid in any church (to the best of my knowledge) as a religious marriage.

Again I say bullshit.

Today is the best day of my life and tomorrow will be even better.
Robert himself
27-05-2017, 08:52 AM
(23-05-2017 10:14 AM)sea_tiger Wrote:  [quote='tempogain' pid='1188893' dateline='1495554563']

I am somewhat impulsive so I think I shot myself in the foot here.

Don't feel embarrassed most of us have done the same and will probably do it again.

Robert himself
27-05-2017, 09:07 AM
(27-05-2017 08:52 AM)Ro3bert Wrote:  
(23-05-2017 10:14 AM)sea_tiger Wrote:  [quote='tempogain' pid='1188893' dateline='1495554563']

I am somewhat impulsive so I think I shot myself in the foot here.

Don't feel embarrassed most of us have done the same and will probably do it again.

Your response is quite gracious. Bowing

Seatiger uses similar excuses for his behavior quite often. He apologizes for mis-speaking a lot but it never improves. Leads me to think he says what he means and then apologizes when called on it.

But maybe that's just how I read his posts and back-peddling.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
27-05-2017, 09:15 AM
(23-05-2017 02:04 PM)JesseB Wrote:  Edit^ Fight back against class warfare, promote the use of the words fuck cunt twatwaffle shit damn ect!

I've no trouble with any of those words, in fact I use them often and without embarrassment but what the fuck is a [Image: faSFd9a.gif?zoom=2]twatwaffle?[Image: faSFd9a.gif?zoom=2] I've been around for a couple of years 83 & some months to be exact, spent time in the military but have never ever heard that word.

The first part seems straight forward enough but the whole thing, no.

Help, please, enlighten me.

Robert himself
27-05-2017, 09:20 AM
You're right, Anj, spouting bullshit and then saying "that's now what I meant" without bothering to explain what you actually *did* mean is not a misunderstandment or someone who's misspoken.

Also, I think we've had a similar conversation before - you don't, generally, say stuff you don't really think, in one form or another. Which is why I may apologise for a lot of things, but not for saying homophobic or racist things, for example. You wanna know why? Because I don't say such things, "misspokenly" or otherwise.

At least have the guts and integrity to admit to your own prejudices if you insist on harbouring them Dodgy

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
27-05-2017, 09:22 AM
(27-05-2017 09:15 AM)Ro3bert Wrote:  
(23-05-2017 02:04 PM)JesseB Wrote:  Edit^ Fight back against class warfare, promote the use of the words fuck cunt twatwaffle shit damn ect!

I've no trouble with any of those words, in fact I use them often and without embarrassment but what the fuck is a [Image: faSFd9a.gif?zoom=2]twatwaffle?[Image: faSFd9a.gif?zoom=2] I've been around for a couple of years 83 & some months to be exact, spent time in the military but have never ever heard that word.

The first part seems straight forward enough but the whole thing, no.

Help, please, enlighten me.

I picked that one up from an ex girlfriend. Honestly I don't even fucking know lol

If I had to guess I would say waffle would be similar to flip flop or waffling on a position (switching sides, being flaky, unreliable)

I know so many more in my lexicon however Smile

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin