The Long, Slow Death of My Homophobia

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-05-2017, 03:57 PM (This post was last modified: 23-05-2017 07:49 PM by Bucky Ball.)
RE: The Long, Slow Death of My Homophobia
(21-05-2017 10:34 PM)sea_tiger Wrote:  The concept of marriage is inseparable from human ability to procreate, child nurturing etc.

It is not.
Actually in 2017, human reproduction is accomplished by many routes, including surrogacy and *in vitro* fertilization. The divorce rates in many places approach 50% or higher, and thus children are consigned to living in 1 parent households, and the ensuing poverty that results from that. If 2 parent SS couples want to adopt or raise their own kids, studies have shown the children are better off, than 1 parent (straight) home situations. Your ignorant assertions in fact, do not reflect the real world, and the situations that real people face in the real world. You have no clue what you're are on about. You have not a shred of evidence that the extension of marriage rights to SS people has any effect at all on fertility rates, reproduction rates and the rearing of children. None. It's a red herring.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Bucky Ball's post
23-05-2017, 06:37 PM
(23-05-2017 03:57 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(21-05-2017 10:34 PM)sea_tiger Wrote:  The concept of marriage is inseparable from human ability to procreate, child nurturing etc.

It is not.
Actually in 2017, human reproduction is accomplished by many routes, including surrogacy and *in vitro* fertilization. The divorce rates in many places approach 50% or higher, and thus children are consigned to living in 1 parent households, and the ensuing poverty that results from that. If 2 parent SS couples want to adopt or raise their own kids, studies have shown the children are better off, than 1 parent (straight) home situations. Your ignorant assertions in fact, do not reflect the real world, and the situations that real people face in the real world. You have no clue what your are on about. You have not a shred of evidence that the extension of marriage rights to SS people has any effect at all on fertility rates, reproduction rates and the rearing of children. None. It's a red herring.

LOL Buckyball you need to add that sea tigers comment is one of the dumbest statements out there. I know that's one of the most stupid things I've ever heard anyone say.
His statement is a baseless assertion.... which.... considering he's prolly a christian of some kind should be expected I guess, they love making shit up and then demanding everyone else accept it as fact.

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
23-05-2017, 06:38 PM
BeccaBoo Wrote:It was a rhetorical question.
Of course marriage can evolve.
Why are you sceptical about me being LDS?
Tell me please, what did you want to hear from the First Presidency about homosexual relationship and marriage? What kind of change did you want to happen?
I wanted to talk to those LDS(or former LDS) who oppose Church leaders on these two points:
1)homosexual marriage
2)priesthood for women.
If you help me to understand this I will appreciate. I don't know anyone who opposes Church. Or may be I do but they are not going to admit this for understandable reason.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
23-05-2017, 06:48 PM
(23-05-2017 06:38 PM)Alla Wrote:  
BeccaBoo Wrote:It was a rhetorical question.
Of course marriage can evolve.
Why are you sceptical about me being LDS?
Tell me please, what did you want to hear from the First Presidency about homosexual relationship and marriage? What kind of change did you want to happen?
I wanted to talk to those LDS(or former LDS) who oppose Church leaders on these two points:
1)homosexual marriage
2)priesthood for women.
If you help me to understand this I will appreciate. I don't know anyone who opposes Church. Or may be I do but they are not going to admit this for understandable reason.

You know for a long time it was illegal for black people to get married in this country. Churches propped up this idea too. Oh and let's think about how LDS has treated black people over the years too... The things THEY had to say on the subject.

Since the LDS has changed their stance (and most other flavors of Christianity) it's clear even they know at some level that marriage can evolve. They just have to act like children kicking and screaming every time their precious feelings get hurt. "I'm christian why can't I be racist or abusive to gays or murder my child, the bible supports this therefor the government should also support these things"

(To be fair I do know Christians that openly advocate being able to kill their children, not cause they are joking, but because they are pure bible litteralists, so if you think no christian will go that far you are wrong. Christians are easily just as capable of sending their children off to be suicide bombers as any other religious nutter, it's part of the whole "Whatever god (aka my preacher or perceived authority figure says) MUST be followed through if I want to go to heaven, this is also how churches justify giving open unrestricted access of child molesters to their victims it's not just Catholics that do this ALL churches do it. If you don't believe me you're lying to yourself or are completely blind to what's going on around you)

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
23-05-2017, 07:10 PM
JesseB Wrote:You know for a long time it was illegal for black people to get married in this country. Churches propped up this idea too.
I know. According to the Bible there were times when God's people couldn't marry people of other nations. The reason why they couldn't do it had nothing to do with race and skin color.
God simply didn't want house of Israel marry people who worshiped idols. When they did it they broke covenants. But about 2000 years ago (according to the claims of the Bible) it was time when God's people could marry people from different nations. Gentiles were ready.

The same with priesthood. Some people can not have priesthood for different reasons. God can select a person or a group of people and withhold certain blessings from them. Race or skin color has nothing to do with this.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
23-05-2017, 07:24 PM
(23-05-2017 07:10 PM)Alla Wrote:  God can select a person or a group of people and withhold certain blessings from them.

With great respect, I have to ask...

Why would anyone worship such a capricious God?
[+] 1 user Likes Heath_Tierney's post
23-05-2017, 07:29 PM
(23-05-2017 07:10 PM)Alla Wrote:  
JesseB Wrote:You know for a long time it was illegal for black people to get married in this country. Churches propped up this idea too.
I know. According to the Bible there were times when God's people couldn't marry people of other nations. The reason why they couldn't do it had nothing to do with race and skin color.
God simply didn't want house of Israel marry people who worshiped idols. When they did it they broke covenants. But about 2000 years ago (according to the claims of the Bible) it was time when God's people could marry people from different nations. Gentiles were ready.

The same with priesthood. Some people can not have priesthood for different reasons. God can select a person or a group of people and withhold certain blessings from them. Race or skin color has nothing to do with this.

If you really think this, you are highly gullible. Also... The jews could marry (or fuck) anyone they wanted, they would often go in kill all the men and boys and take all the women and child girls and "marry" them. So I don't know what you're smoking. You're just wrong there. As for Idols, well the bible and the historical record are at odds there, they were mostly polytheists LONG after the bible claims they were Monotheists.

You'd do well to purchase some history books, and maybe just read the text without letting your church leader slip in lies and bullshit with it. Your church leaders all know they are lying. In fact I could easily get them to admit this (I often have with pastors), they generally justify it with statements like "You know people aren't really ready to know the truth yet"

So I call bullshit. And as someone else said even if such a thing were true it would be totally capricious such a god would have to wear his ass for a hat to be able to be such a shit.

Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes JesseB's post
23-05-2017, 07:53 PM (This post was last modified: 23-05-2017 09:20 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(23-05-2017 07:10 PM)Alla Wrote:  God can select a person or a group of people and withhold certain blessings from them.

These people can rationalize literally ANYTHING abut their gods. Facepalm

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
23-05-2017, 08:10 PM
(23-05-2017 07:53 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  These peoples can rationalize literally ANYTHING abut their gods. Facepalm

Actually that was the primary lesson from my decades-long study of Sufism -- how to rationalize anything. No evidence, mind you. Just rationalizations.

Facepalm
23-05-2017, 08:17 PM
(23-05-2017 07:10 PM)Alla Wrote:  

I want to add something.

You do know that absolutely no "god" or "gods" or anything supernatural or any kind of intelligence aside from that of humans goes into the "selection" of priests right?

You must be joking. People select priests how do you know what criteria they are selected for if you don't even know that much.

Big Grin