The Lord Told Him To Attack A Kid On A Skateboard...Why Don't Christians Believe Him?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-05-2014, 11:01 PM
RE: The Lord Told Him To Attack A Kid On A Skateboard...Why Don't Christians Believe Him?
(25-05-2014 10:09 AM)Sam Wrote:  I seriously doubt that anything as crazy as that could take root and grow to anything more than a fringe sect in today's educated, scientific society. If modern Christians could go back in time to witness the birth of their religion, I'm willing to bet it would make atheists (or at least agnostics) out of all but the most deluded...

We'll, except for things passing themselves off as science or alternative answers to the spiritual. Our modern age has failed to stamp out astrology, crystal healing, astral projection, ghost hunters, xenobiology, creationism, acupuncture, and other various forms of superstition and charlatanry. Until we can overcome our millions years old fear of death or our hundreds of thousands year old penchant for false positive reasoning and paranoia; we're not kicking the religion habit anytime soon. I think at best we can marginalize their worst habits and undermine it's influence on public policy. To neuter it to the point that one's religious preference has no more weight than their favorite color.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post