The Lord has royally screwed my friend.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-06-2013, 07:32 AM
RE: The Lord has royally screwed my friend.
(13-06-2013 11:03 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I worked with this guy for decades, we are good friends. I give a shit about his personal metaphysics about as much as I give a shit if he has hairy feet. But, what the fuck, shit went south after he started working for the bitch. ... And yes, Girly was his primary drinking partner encouraging him to greater and greater levels of inebriation.

Paraphrased:
"After a productive career in the Computer Science I was called into the service of Jesus Christ in Feb. 2005. I heard a voice in my head that said 'if you want more of my Spirit, then you must forgo inebriation' I drank a lot of alcohol then, but stopped immediately and haven't drank since. I sold my business and went to work as a full-time employee for the Lord. Since that time I have lost my rental properties, my family, my house, and my retirement all in the service of the Lord. This does not deter me for the scriptures say that these things will happen. I fight on working for the Lord doing all that He leads me to do. My primary job for the Lord is to help people develop a real relationship with God. That is what the gospel is all about. It is NOT about going to church."

Have thought about asking dude to come over here and commune with us, but ain't sure it's a wise idea.

Note to self: if you hear voices in your head, seek professional help.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-06-2013, 08:06 AM
I still don't get it, Girly....what exactly does 'working full time for the LORD' mean? What's he doing for income? 0_°

Drinking Beverage Grab a cuppa' joe; sit-n-read my blog for a spell: www.vaweber.wordpress.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-06-2013, 03:42 AM
(13-06-2013 11:14 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Heart ya Girlie!

If you think he'll be a good fit...

Dont get it.
24-06-2013, 08:54 PM
(23-06-2013 08:06 AM)Percepticon Wrote:  I still don't get it, Girly....what exactly does 'working full time for the LORD' mean? What's he doing for income? 0_°

He left the Government and went into business with a friend writing code under contract to the Government. He sold his share to his partner a while ago and probably pocketed a $1M or so. ... Dunno how much the ex-wife got or how much he got left. ... Why is it the theists are the ones always getting divorced?

Thing I find curious about this dude is that he pretty much shares my metaphysics. "You do realize dude, that if you gonna posit a postmortem preservation of identity it's incumbent on you to provide a plausible mechanism of action, right?" "Yes. I can't. But the Lord will guide me to the answer." ... It reminds me of discussing this very point with KC and him coming to a similar position. ... "Well, all righty then. Sure is hot out ain't it. Think we'll get rain?" ... Don't mean we can't be friends. Smile

Breathing - it's more art than science.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  OMG YOU GUYS I FINALLY GOT A GIRL FRIEND SHE IS AMAZING Metazoa Zeke 24 385 02-04-2014 10:02 PM
Last Post: EvolutionKills
  when you need those words for a grieving friend Bows and Arrows 1 50 24-03-2014 12:44 PM
Last Post: Blackhand293
  My friend is brilliant Takelababy 17 300 08-03-2014 08:49 PM
Last Post: GirlyMan
  Funding my friend to go to Syria Missbeth12891 0 66 10-02-2014 06:00 PM
Last Post: Missbeth12891
  A friend in need....... Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver 1 147 22-07-2013 03:59 PM
Last Post: Momsurroundedbyboys
  The Lord said "Let's Get Naked!" Bows and Arrows 11 584 13-05-2013 07:12 PM
Last Post: Anjele
  My best friend's cousin killed himself two years ago today. happy cricket 2 204 16-12-2012 07:57 PM
Last Post: happy cricket