The Lords Prayer Advert banned in Cinemas

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-11-2015, 03:22 PM
RE: The Lords Prayer Advert banned in Cinemas
(25-11-2015 03:10 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  The thing is -- a theater while open to the public, is not a public space. Its a privately owned and operated business with the goal of turning a profit. If they feel something can hurt their bottom line, its their call to make.....

Yes ultimately it is. There is locally a car dealer add on TV where the guy ends with "Where God, Country and you come first"....... Sure he can do that by law, but as a non Christian really comes across as " don't bother walking onto the lot unless you believe in Jesus".

But even then, for example, back during the fight over ending segregation in the US the social norm was of course, to make blacks enter a separate door, or not let them in at all, and many business owners wanted to do the right thing, quite a few stood up and did that despite their patronage some got their businesses attacked, some went out of business, but even then it was the right thing to do.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-11-2015, 05:24 PM
RE: The Lords Prayer Advert banned in Cinemas
(25-11-2015 02:17 PM)Blessed_Cheesemaker Wrote:  
(25-11-2015 11:22 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  As is their right......

Indeed. I was laughing at the reaction of the CoE. I don't want my viewing of Star Wars ruined by made up stories Smile

[Image: ISeeWhat.jpg]

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post