The Lucid Spiritual Plane

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-05-2013, 07:09 PM
RE: The Lucid Spiritual Plane
(21-05-2013 06:41 PM)Luminon Wrote:  
(21-05-2013 05:22 PM)Dom Wrote:  I have no idea, that is why I am asking. I do what Amy suggests - I ask instead of trying to fit things in a mold. Smile If I have to guess, I guess I can rule out 50+, and I am thinking you are on the young side. But if I had a good guess, I would not have asked. And you are from? Could be lots of places. Not the US, not the UK, not Australia and not Western Europe would be my guess. Elimination tends to be more helpful than assumptions.
OK, so what I actually should ask is, what do you want to gather from that information. Please try to answer that as well, if you can.

I'm a guy from Czech Republic. Just turned 25 recently. I don't know what to think about that.

I asked about your age because you keep talking about dating. I asked about your country because you keep implying that it is backward, I don't think the Czech Republic is very backward anymore. Granted, the last time I was there was some 40+ years ago, and it was fairly backward then. But things have changed by leaps and bounds. Don't you think your country has come a very long way in the last 40 years?

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-05-2013, 02:05 AM (This post was last modified: 22-05-2013 02:32 AM by Luminon.)
RE: The Lucid Spiritual Plane
(21-05-2013 07:09 PM)Dom Wrote:  I asked about your age because you keep talking about dating. I asked about your country because you keep implying that it is backward, I don't think the Czech Republic is very backward anymore. Granted, the last time I was there was some 40+ years ago, and it was fairly backward then. But things have changed by leaps and bounds. Don't you think your country has come a very long way in the last 40 years?
My country is backwards, in some ways. What we have is basically Communism except for 2 days every 4 years, before which the people are thoroughly brainwashed into voting for the favored parties.
Yes, we have free market and modern economy now. But morally and politically it's worse. During Communism we had an intellectual elite of dissidents and a moral cause to fight. Now there citizens pretty much mind their own business and pay the taxes.

During Communism you had to watch out, because the secret police listened. Now you can shout protests all year long and nothing happens, words mean nothing anymore.
There happened many things that make this country a criminal state, not a real democracy. Firstly, a very badly written constitution, resulting in unstable executive and powerless PM (or actually 14 PMs and their cheap secretary). Secondly, some big political parties have the right on lots of money directly from the state budget, apparently because they're too big to lose. (before the WW1 political parties were unofficial and owned no property) Thirdly, the unstable executive was used as a pretext for the Opposition pact, where the leaders of two biggest parties basically agreed to let go of this democracy thing and rule together. They sold out all the politics to business mafia godfathers. Not all of the courts, but courts are de facto dysfunctional, it takes years to work a single case.
Fourthly, they pass many laws but it seems every single law is either paid as a favor to business mafia, or it's deeply flawed and worse than useless. And every single state contract is extremely overpriced (the state graduation exams plan as much as 20 times), again in favor of the business mafia.
Fifthly, the two leaders of the Opposition pact both became presidents. One president during his end used the amnesty to release the very worst possible larceny criminals. Didn't kill anybody, but they ambushed big working business (livelihood of a town each) like bandits and together with a corrupted judge arranged to get honest companies into debt and sell them out. Those who escaped abroad to escape prison returned just a few days before the amnesty (2013), so it would apply on them too. The citizens were the last ones to know about the amnesty and even today nobody agrees if it was legal at all and who actually wrote it.

I could talk about the executor mafia, local mafia, Russian mafia, Gypsy lobby, tripartity, carving the bear and European Union subsidy, but I suppose you get the picture now. There is less oppression, but the fact that nobody overthrew this mess yet means that people are even more helpless than during Communism. Nobody gets into top politics unless he is corrupted and easily extorted if necessary.
Transparency International classified Czech Republic as a "takeover state".
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply